What is Ragnarok: Transcendence? - Page 10 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What is Ragnarok: Transcendence?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
920 replies to this topic

#226 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Breidablik/묘르닐

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:07 AM

I'm not sure if that's a vague way of saying transcendence will be following kRO zero's progression.

I will make a translated kRO zero developer notes megathread in the kRO/jRO section so people can compare it to transcendence.

#227 Narue44

Narue44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:11 AM

It is my understanding that most if not all of this content was not on Zero when it launched? However it seems to me that the vast majority of player feedback for the new server is, that players want these things specifically which means we have to push hard for them to come. What I will do is talk to my local director and we will build a strategy for trying to accelerate what we can from this list.

I will choose to believe you didn't call this an "improved ragnarok zero" just to lie to us, and this will get done or at least pushed for.

But if you can promise us that you will push for this Zero content then I will definitely support this server.

#228 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:13 AM

I'm not sure if that's a vague way of saying transcendence will be following kRO zero's progression.

I will make a translated kRO zero developer notes megathread in the kRO/jRO section so people can compare it to transcendence.

It is not because our experience has shown that a monthly update schedule is hard to get support for. But it does mean that my team will do our best to get the systems that the community has given feedback on wanting.

#229 Hurancank

Hurancank

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:15 AM

It is my understanding that most if not all of this content was not on Zero when it launched? However it seems to me that the vast majority of player feedback for the new server is, that players want these things specifically which means we have to push hard for them to come. What I will do is talk to my local director and we will build a strategy for trying to accelerate what we can from this list.

This got my hopes up again. Please dont do this even if its your job, if there only a bit of humanity in your kind heart, refrain from giving me hope only to be amused by my later pain

Yes, i am bit dramatic. It makes life a lot more fun.

We NEED clarification if some specific things will come be it sooner or later

#230 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:18 AM

This got my hopes up again. Please dont do this even if its your job, if there only a bit of humanity in your kind heart, refrain from giving me hope only to be amused by my later pain

Yes, i am bit dramatic. It makes life a lot more fun.
We NEED clarification if some specific things will come be it sooner or later

For sure the first and second class job skill changes will come eventually. kRO has said that it is possible for export both for RO and RT since it has been introduced to kRO. The other stuff should all be possible but it needs to be discussed first with the studio and planned out.

#231 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:18 AM

Sounds like PR speak to me.

We can all agree nothing from zero is happening until it is in fact, in the game.

So for now, according to the confirmed information, Transcendence is just renewat-re:start-esque 99/50 with UI improvements.

#232 Oshiiii

Oshiiii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationJ̴̨̢̛͠J҉̧̀̀J͏̡̨̀?͘͝J̢̀͟͡J̶̛?̛͠͞
  • Server:C͖̘͔͙͢h̷͇͙a̫̪̹̬̼ǫ͖͉s͖̖̣

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:20 AM

Yeah, I played with high ping to test the changes and since the teaser they announced them showing clearly why they were thinking that changes would balance the game. Don't know why are you defending this utopia, I mean:

- old video teaser

- no gameplay

- staff can't tell the skill changes and these aren't even documented

- skill changes will be implemented after the release

- no detailed information

- important things appearing as "we're planning" or "we're discussing".

They can make a totally diferent server and still be great, but without any feedback, information, discussion, its hard to give credibility.

So? The new servers haven't even launched yet. The beta hasn't even happened yet. 

All I'm saying is that there's very little 'feedback, information, discussion' to be had since it's not officially launched yet. We don't even know what the hell it's going to be.

We can all have our speculations and assumptions but until then none of us are going to know what's going to truly happen.

Besides that wasn't even the point I was trying to make, guy. You're over here spouting nonsense about how change is an awful thing. The point I'm making is that change isn't a bad thing. We'll get the opportunity to test these things when the time comes.Then we can have the 'feedback, information, discussion' all we want.

#233 Hurancank

Hurancank

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:24 AM

Zero skill changes are something, i guess... I like the instances, but i guess i can live with out it. Fever map and zero itens missing out make me a bit sad tho, lacking a bit of the best part

#234 Narue222

Narue222

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:29 AM

Zero exclusive gear at least is definitely something we should push for with the most priority.

#235 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:31 AM

I'd like to point out that zero skill changes aren't bundled in one final update and the kRO zero dev team continuously changes skills.

So I'm not sure what this "second class job skill changes" will be since there are multiple versions of skill revisions on the kROz dev notes.

Edited by Nenecchi, 15 November 2019 - 07:36 AM.

#236 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:32 AM

For sure the first and second class job skill changes will come eventually. kRO has said that it is possible for export both for RO and RT since it has been introduced to kRO. The other stuff should all be possible but it needs to be discussed first with the studio and planned out.

Now you're on the right way. Know that KRO can give Zero mechanics if needed is something concrete, beliavable, worth of faith.

And even if you can't implement the changes at the release or at the beginning, list them or at least list which way the developers are taking. This is enough to keep people engaged.

Edited by xSwain, 15 November 2019 - 07:41 AM.

#237 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:44 AM

Fortunately I still keep slide presentation of Ragnarok Zero before it launched. So let see what they said. :)

img_tabContents1.jpg.138a458b67f8e93a0b3

"What is Ragnarok Zero?

For nostalgic player to feel the good memory in the past. Ragnarok Zero is improved version of RO PC.

Start with first classes only and max level is 60 but max level will be expanded later."

img_tabContents2.thumb.jpg.87729cbd20ae5

"Do not fear on the new beginning [New player guide]

There are many quests in help new player and give the convenience to new players.

- Gain first aid kit every 5 base level

- Quest for specific class

- New quest UI"

img_tabContents3.thumb.jpg.50ac22d620fcf

"Easier Life [New UI]

- New character selection UI

- New navigation UI"

img_tabContents4.thumb.jpg.c8d013b217f24

"New item drop system [Random enchants]

Random enchants will be given on every gears dropped from monster

Better enchants on boss drops.

- New effect shows on item

- More and better enchant on boss drops."

img_tabContents5.thumb.jpg.2ff8c4592f62e

"New paying style [Dynamic Field]

Special monster will appear after killing certain amount of local monsters.

And something will happen when you interact with strange NPC.

- Boss appears after certain amount of mobs are killed.

- What happen if I touch this?

- Doppelganger who appears on midnight only."

img_tabContents6.jpg.123d65c6c90759f31ba

"Everlasting enjoyment [Instance system improvement]

New instance system that player can enter from level 30 to 99.

Even you don't have good gears. You can enjoy it with party

- New instance "Poring Memorial Dungeon" requires level 30 to access.

- Orc Memorial Dungeon requires level 60 to access."

Edited by Sigma1, 15 November 2019 - 07:45 AM.

#238 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:46 AM

Does it really matter if it is RO Zero or not? It can be a good or bad game depending on how WP runs it, which we will only find out later.

#239 Narue222

Narue222

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:49 AM

Does it really matter if it is RO Zero or not? It can be a good or bad game depending on how WP runs it, which we will only find out later.

Yes, it matters, because if it's not zero its literally just Re:Start 2.0. Zero has a whole lot of new content, and if we don't get that content we won't get anything in return to make up for it. 

#240 grdt93

grdt93

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:51 AM

Why people came here just to talk -_-?

We have nothing confirmed yet but some people keep saying "my source told me this or that". [Kittens]

Wait and see what will happen.

Geez.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 November 2019 - 08:02 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed.

#241 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:57 AM

"New item drop system [Random enchants]

The term [Random enchants] can be confusing to some because there are a lot of changes for kRO zero exclusive equipments

hUlu8qG.png

I call these "random options" because those additional stats are from monster drops and forged weapons

7P06RnP.png

And these enchants are like the same one in renewal

#242 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:59 AM

Yes, it matters, because if it's not zero its literally just Re:Start 2.0. Zero has a whole lot of new content, and if we don't get that content we won't get anything in return to make up for it. 

I think most ppls here and the newcomers WP is trying to attract in future, do not know what is RO Zero and will care the least if it resembles RO Zero or not. For me, wont play it until 3rd classes arrive, so doesnt matter if its Restart or Zero. Its really not a big deal, the server will be fine as long as WP runs it properly.

#243 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:06 AM

Why people came here just to talk -_-?

We have nothing confirmed yet but some people keep saying "my source told me this or that". If this source tell you to kill yourself you will do that too? 

Wait and see what will happen.

Geez.

My source gave me a piece information not an order, learn the difference.

I stand by my sources and I don't see any WP staff refuting that my leaks are flat out wrong.

And all the official statements so far does support my leaks.

All the new posts are just PR speak for promises that may or may not be implemented.

#244 Narue222

Narue222

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:06 AM

I think most ppls here and the newcomers WP is trying to attract in future, do not know what is RO Zero and will care the least if it resembles RO Zero or not. For me, wont play it until 3rd classes arrive, so doesnt matter if its Restart or Zero. Its really not a big deal, the server will be fine as long as WP runs it properly.

I think it matters a lot if a game has content or not, my dude.

#245 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:09 AM

I understand that you guys mean well by expressing how much you hate how this wasn't going the way you wanted it. We all know what it's like to be disappointed by wp, I'm sure. Most of us even more than once.
But in the end, you just really want them to do something right for a change, right?

Well this isn't the way forward.

The game isn't even out yet and yet here we are fighting over rumors that were spread in a way that instills a negative outlook instead of giving people something to hope for.
Whether it really does turn out to be a faithful copy to zero or not, what's happening now is just damaging to its potential playerbase already, setting up the game to a higher likelihood of sinking.

Do we really want to pour gasoline on wood that's still growing?

#246 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:10 AM

So if Campitor still has to "talk to his local director" to get the Zero exclusive stuff on the server, what on earth did they initially intend this server to be?
Just another RE:Start?

Are you serious right now?

#247 Narue44

Narue44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:15 AM

So if Campitor still has to "talk to his local director" to get the Zero exclusive stuff on the server, what on earth did they initially intend this server to be?

Are you serious right now?

This is what baffles me. Lol

#248 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:18 AM

Pretty much, yes. Re:start like taiwan RO with UI improvements.

#249 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:27 AM

so ppl are mad that we arent getting the latest version of Zero, even though it is pretty obvious that was never going to be the case :v

If Zero launched itself as a "re:start 2.0" and then got most of it's "core" updates as time passed, this is still pretty much that.

#250 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:32 AM

There’s no assurance transcendence aka re:start 2.0 will get any updates like kRO zero.

It’s like a political campaign promise.

I know iRO players love getting hooked by promises, but as a player from jRO/kRO most of the PR from their producers are implementations and not promise to do their best to tell the higher ups.

A lot of players who wants to come back to transcendence wants implemented content, not lobbying by warpportal to the studio gods

Edited by Nenecchi, 15 November 2019 - 08:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users