What is Ragnarok: Transcendence? - Page 17 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What is Ragnarok: Transcendence?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
920 replies to this topic

#401 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:51 PM

Yep. I'm a poor boi. Cut me a deal?~ :p_smile:

Haaa ROTing Inside..I can already see the jokes if ROT fails now

#402 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:05 PM

With endless options for Renewal! (x3)

#403 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:57 PM

By anticheat do you guyd include AHK? Vecause am currently running AHK to replace certain deffective keys on my netbook for another

#404 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:03 PM

Are grf edits included with anti cheat?

#405 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:17 PM

Is abuse because they use a psychology effect to stimulate dopamine system over and over, so its like consciously trying to addict the players to spend more and more money. These practices should be targered +18.

Despite that, yeah, no one are forced to do anything, for this reason WP closed 2 servers and is trying for the 3rd time open a successful server, so we're sure that the actual RO system is not working on occident. Companies also can make billions without a p2w game, like Path of Exile, League of Legends, CS:GO or Fortnite that needs huge servers and have much more players in a single day than RO alltime. They didn't use an abusive cash system and just make much more money than RO in much less time.

Monetization

New VFX and Particles

Costumes

Access to maps with more monsters

Side quests

Transmog

Reset status/skill

Default consumables pack

Mounts

ADs count

VIP

And people who really don't matter to gamble playing just went to RoM, you can play everywhere, they supports some android emulators so you can play on PC, the game grinds for you and have a lot more online players. If Warp Portal wants a crowded server, they need to do something different from what made them fail before.

I dont know what Path of Exile is. I know that LoL and CS:GO are not MMORPG. You're basically comparing MOBA to MMORPG, which makes your argument null. I dont play any of those that you mentioned. I've however played LoL once and from my understanding, LoL is like. Once you lose your match, you start over again. Basically everything resets to 0 for a fair start. That's why it is MOBA, not MMORPG where your slow daily achievement accounts for your future success and refines who you are in game. You need to find another MMORPG to compare to RO.

To be fair, MMORPG is a dying genre. Our real life is already Massively Multi-people Offline Role Playing Society (MMORPS) and there is no escape like MOBA if you fail in your life. It is game over for you. People dont need another MMORPG. Gaming is supposed to be fun and relaxing.

Also RoM is extremely P2W, a lot more than iRO. Why does it still have so many players even game itself is super trash? Easy answer, it is a new fresh server. People tend to play on a new server, where everyone starts from 0. As time goes by, the gap between achievements and strength of players will be widened more. The losers will start leaving. Then RoM will come to the point of iRO is right now. That's exactly how MOBA is popular.

Edited by nyyaan, 20 November 2019 - 04:19 PM.

#406 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:21 PM

Now it's billions in gear and NDL. Seriously fix the bloody cheaters.

WHERE IS THE JUSTICE?

#407 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:28 PM

By anticheat do you guyd include AHK? Vecause am currently running AHK to replace certain deffective keys on my netbook for another

I wouldn't say it's impossible for them to 'ban' AHK since it's on such a core-Windows level. It could be done, but it's really unlikely. 

#408 VimaDias

VimaDias

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:32 PM

I dont know what Path of Exile is. I know that LoL and CS:GO are not MMORPG. You're basically comparing MOBA to MMORPG, which makes your argument null. I dont play any of those that you mentioned. I've however played LoL once and from my understanding, LoL is like. Once you lose your match, you start over again. Basically everything resets to 0 for a fair start. That's why it is MOBA, not MMORPG where your slow daily achievement accounts for your future success and refines who you are in game. You need to find another MMORPG to compare to RO.

To be fair, MMORPG is a dying genre. Our real life is already Massively Multi-people Offline Role Playing Society (MMORPS) and there is no escape like MOBA if you fail in your life. It is game over for you. People dont need another MMORPG. Gaming is supposed to be fun and relaxing.

Also RoM is extremely P2W, a lot more than iRO. Why does it still have so many players even game itself is super trash? Easy answer, it is a new fresh server. People tend to play on a new server, where everyone starts from 0. As time goes by, the gap between achievements and strength of players will be widened more. The losers will start leaving. Then RoM will come to the point of iRO is right now. That's exactly how MOBA is popular.

I agree with Nyyaan/Chakri here almost entirely. We cannot believe that the monetization method aplied to the most played MOBA in the world would sustain a Ragnarok Online server.

I don't think the MMORPG is a dying genre though, because there are still millions of people playing it, and some events like the launch of a classic server can make one MMORPG the most watched game on Twitch for weeks.

#409 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:34 PM

I wouldn't say it's impossible for them to 'ban' AHK since it's on such a core-Windows level. It could be done, but it's really unlikely.

Would grf edit be banned?

#410 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:40 PM

Those are the most played and rated games. New MMORPGs are getting mechanics and game designs from ARPGs to survive, like Lost Ark. If you think MMORPGs are dying, I can assure to you that's because companies are just trying to use the same formulas from 10 years ago thinking it will work. Lost Ark got huge elements and even game designs from ARPGs to bring some innovation, and it apparently worked.

WoW works with subscription and B2P, but its still on the road with classic servers and with Blizzard's "We won't sell power".

If you just think that a successful monetization system from MOBAs or ARPGs can't fit on MMORPGs just because they're different genres, yeah, probably MMORPGs will eventually die, not because players don't want to play everyday the game or feel frustrated because they're behind hardcore players, but because they just found something better in other games. The same skin that a MOBA player will look into for months can be the skin that a MMORPG will look for months, its the same isometric camera and the same humanoid character.

I agree with you that is too easy to blame players for leaving the game because of the gap between achievements and strength. They just go for other genres like MOBAs where they lose thousands of matches and keep playing over and over after the frustration, or to aRPGs where they play for years just to get a BiS. If Gravity needs to launch a fresh server each X years because the game allow a gap that makes people leave the game for this reason it means the game design is bad.

Edited by xSwain, 20 November 2019 - 05:42 PM.

#411 Narue44

Narue44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:19 AM

Being different genres has nothing to do with anything. Their monetization methods can be very easily translated to an MMO.

#412 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:25 AM

Being different genres has nothing to do with anything. Their monetization methods can be very easily translated to an MMO.

Suggest the methods that iRO should follow

#413 Narue44

Narue44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:25 AM

Suggest the methods that iRO should follow

Swain already suggested a list with good ideas.

#414 grdt93

grdt93

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:48 AM

So is nov/21 and nothing new yet? They are killing the hype rly fast...

#415 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Breidablik/묘르닐

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:11 AM

The never ending "How to save RO" dissertations, how original. :unsure:

#416 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:11 AM

As long I know, they need to talk with "The Studio" and plan the new server. Campitor said once that the team needed to work harder to implement planned changes, and it was before we complain about the server. So now I only think they're just overloaded trying to deal with "The Studio" while implementing changes.

But the staff could post one update or another just to sustain the hype.

#417 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:25 AM

As long I know, they need to talk with "The Studio" and plan the new server. Campitor said once that the team needed to work harder to implement planned changes, and it was before we complain about the server. So now I only think they're just overloaded trying to deal with "The Studio" while implementing changes.

But the staff could post one update or another just to sustain the hype.

Indeed. Camp did mention this in a complaint heavy thread during Restart's botting peak. High impact changes need to be run through Korea before they can be applied to a region's local server.

As far as MMO'S go, it's the ones that don't adapt that die. RO survives on nostalgia and heavy customization on unofficial servers. I'm glad WP keeps trying different things to keep the game fresh.

RO at this point is in a sense like a MOBA in that there is little to nothing new to discover in the game at a base level. Getting from start to finish optimally has become such a science to the playerbase. Unless you're brand new, it's on par with playing Monopoly; there are variables you can't control but everyone knows where to go, what to do and what to get. Fresh services like RT, or new servers in general, are like a new "unboxing" and are needed for this game.

#418 Narue44

Narue44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:21 AM

Fresh services like RT, or new servers in general, are like a new "unboxing" and are needed for this game.

Without some serious changes or updates, RT is just going to be Re:Start 2.0, which is also a solved game at this point.

#419 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:19 AM

Without some serious changes or updates, RT is just going to be Re:Start 2.0, which is also a solved game at this point.

The biggest problem with RE:Start was the incredible amount of bots (6k of the 9k online peak) which they supposedly have protection for now.

Now the next most important factor is how the handle the cash shop, but it's likely they don't even talk about this. 

Both the cash shop and bots directly impact the economy which is extremely important for an RO server. The bots actually impact the economy the most as they will cause extreme inflation if not handled (RE:Start prime example). 

Edited by senpa1, 21 November 2019 - 09:22 AM.

#420 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:58 AM

From what Camp has said so far, it sounds like the Cash Shop will be pretty tame. Whether it stays that way or not is my main concern, but if it's comparable to the kRO Zero cash shop then I feel optimistic.

2. What concerns me is the cash shop. What are the plans for the cash shop? I'm not interested in investing time into a pay2win fiasco, and I imagine a lot of people are in the same boat. What is the cash shop going to be like?

2. Buff Scrolls/EXP/Drops, Item Mall ores will be earned by combining Jellystar Items with Elu/Ori found in game. We will also sell costumes and run refine events.

The main thing I'm looking for is that the Enriched/HD Ores are obtainable in-game without the cash shop like on Zero, as I feel like that creates a great new dynamic with the way gear has been made to be upgraded in recent years. Of course that also assumes we'll see any of the Zero exclusive gear that cares about refinement, since most other refine-bonus gear is 100+ anyways.

At any rate, it seems like we're not getting any more info until December? Kind of disappointing. Makes me wonder how much the iRO staff know about the content of their own server. I guess it's also possible they don't want to say anything because they are now doing a last minute push to get all the stuff from Korea that we've been whining over. And as much as I would love to hear that that's the case, I can understand them not saying anything about things they haven't gotten for sure.

Edited by TwilightsCall, 21 November 2019 - 09:59 AM.

#421 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:00 AM

From what Camp has said so far, it sounds like the Cash Shop will be pretty tame. Whether it stays that way or not is my main concern, but if it's comparable to the kRO Zero cash shop then I feel optimistic.

The main thing I'm looking for is that the Enriched/HD Ores are obtainable in-game without the cash shop like on Zero, as I feel like that creates a great new dynamic with the way gear has been made to be upgraded in recent years. Of course that also assumes we'll see any of the Zero exclusive gear that cares about refinement, since most other refine-bonus gear is 100+ anyways.

Camp also said the RE:Start cash shop would be tame; it was not. 

Sounds like when they said you could get Silvervine in game on RE:Start and the you probably get more with $5 than you would farming in game for 5+ hours (I don't remember specifics but it was absurd), so it's a bit of a joke to say "but you can get it in game too!" without providing any details.

Like others have mentioned, even things like res tokens and dungeon teleport scrolls which have been on iRO for a long time are very bad for an mmo experience. 

Edited by senpa1, 21 November 2019 - 11:03 AM.

#422 Persever

Persever

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 01:07 PM

And yet I don't know what is  ro trans...

#423 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:36 PM

Sooooo  WTF is Ragnarok: Transcendence?

I've spend 2 hours reading this forum back and fourth, back and fourth, back and fourth...

And i still don't know. 

Did the that server flop within 1 week? LMFAO

#424 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:47 PM

Sooooo  WTF is Ragnarok: Transcendence?

I've spend 2 hours reading this forum back and fourth, back and fourth, back and fourth...

And i still don't know. 

Did the that server flop within 1 week? LMFAO

It's a new server with different mechanics, including more quests, and better guidance for said quests, similar to many current mmo's. Presumably it has facets of Ragnarok Zero, another official server with Re:Start mechanics as well as a chance for monsters to drop enchanted items.

Edited by havocstopper, 21 November 2019 - 03:48 PM.

#425 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:51 PM

It's a new server with different mechanics, including more quests, and better guidance for said quests, similar to many current mmo's. Presumably it has facets of Ragnarok Zero, another official server with Re:Start mechanics as well as a chance for monsters to drop enchanted items.

So can pay to win?

Im ready to throw down money and make this server unbalanced and watch its econ go boom.

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users