What is Ragnarok: Transcendence? - Page 30 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What is Ragnarok: Transcendence?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
920 replies to this topic

#726 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:21 AM

Any news?

#727 boloso

boloso

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:46 AM

lets wait for early december

#728 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:32 PM

Wouldn't this be the chance to add expanded classes as normal classes? Are they planning to do this or not?

Also, this would be the best time ever to implement a game that you can't (and shouldn't have to) multiclient.

Just out of curiosity.. Can you give 3 decent reasons why people should not be able to Multiclient?

With vending being my main reason FOR multiclientint, what are your AGAINST views?

Edited by JaguarBlood, 10 December 2019 - 02:32 PM.

#729 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:40 PM

Just out of curiosity.. Can you give 3 decent reasons why people should not be able to Multiclient?

With vending being my main reason FOR multiclientint, what are your AGAINST views?

This is an mmo not a single player game.

The role playing part in mmo RPG would make the game more interesting.

one person being able to view multiple castles seems silly.

Vending shouldn't be based on that you're logged in the first place.

#730 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:44 PM

I don't speak for him but I think I understand a bit of the shouldn't have to part

> don't want to be forced to park one "main account" alt everytime I wanna pub for something in eden.
A "player bulletins-something" system would've been fine.
> keeping a vendor open is annoying. Especially because it also prevents you from using that account when you want that vendor to be active.
A background player market would've been great already.
[mmorpg zombie game that I can't mention] has this

I like multi-clienting sometimes. But for those two reasons mentioned above, I don't.
It's great that you can do multi-clienting to do those. But it's bad that you're somewhat forced into it

Edited by ninJedi, 10 December 2019 - 02:50 PM.

#731 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:52 PM

Could be like F F X I V and all your classes are on one character.

#732 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:58 PM

Could be like F F X I V and all your classes are on one character.

yeah lets just do that and stop all multiclienting.

1 char per account 1 account per person end of.

lol

Edited by JaguarBlood, 10 December 2019 - 03:59 PM.

#733 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 December 2019 - 04:05 PM

I don't speak for him but I think I understand a bit of the shouldn't have to part

> don't want to be forced to park one "main account" alt everytime I wanna pub for something in eden.
A "player bulletins-something" system would've been fine.
> keeping a vendor open is annoying. Especially because it also prevents you from using that account when you want that vendor to be active.
A background player market would've been great already.
[mmorpg zombie game that I can't mention] has this

I like multi-clienting sometimes. But for those two reasons mentioned above, I don't.
It's great that you can do multi-clienting to do those. But it's bad that you're somewhat forced into it

Man, if only something like an auction house existed where you can just put up items for sale and let the game do the work for you while you go out and level.

#734 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Breidablik/묘르닐

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:27 PM

No more vending while playing then?

No ragial either

#735 JonahElbert

JonahElbert

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:50 PM

I don't get this "ban multiclient" mindset

That's exactly how MMORPGs should work. If you just wanted to solo-play everything there's offline games at your disposal. 

#736 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:49 PM

What a waste of resource. They have more important things to fix on servers than something that won't prevent anything.

Ok, it would give a little headache to break, but after a few days youtube/reddit would have some guides of how multi-client in iRO.

Implement the "improved RO:zero" mechanic, deal with bots, be transparent with the community, and then think about multi-client.

#737 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:18 PM

Last week: let's crowdfund the next expansions for warpportal
This week: ban dualclienting and vending and add an auction house
Next week: lol rework the game's graphics idk

iRO community coming in with the important demands, demands that will not just go straight to the trash bin, not at all.

löl

#738 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:20 PM

Zero can multi-client

FYI

#739 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:42 PM

Item Based VIP System
Ahahaha typical warp portal moderators going to gift mvps cards and high tier loot to their favorite players by GameMaster spawning -_- again.

Well maybe ill come try your anticheat system aye? 
Who else is going to combat your pay to win cheaters but a botting cheater that knows every single little bonus buff he can use to compete with goditemed mvped carded overpowered alchemist players with gamemaster designed gears.

You better keep battlegrounds and KVM out.

You don't want legit players having a chance to combat your pay to win children by earning PVP gears. 

Edited by IronFist, 10 December 2019 - 10:43 PM.

#740 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:47 PM

And no one is going to stick to your no multi client approach.
Not when high priests have a buff that reduces all incoming damage by 50%

I don't care who you, how legit you want to play.... reducing 50% of all incoming damage is the strongest buff in the game and players are going to go to extreme length to have it on their characters 24/7. More so in your little MVP, PET TANKING environment. 

#741 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:03 PM

What's the point of multi client anyway? If you say vending, well implement an auction house that does it for you like master Tigress has said before. Other than that I see no reason to multi client.

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 10 December 2019 - 11:03 PM.

#742 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:58 PM

ZeroTigress was referring to the fact said auction house very much does exist, and is entirely ignored by players.

For good reasons, in my opinion, but that's neither here nor there.

Item Based VIP System
Ahahaha typical warp portal moderators going to gift mvps cards and high tier loot to their favorite players by GameMaster spawning -_- again.

That's not what Item Based VIP System means, but I have to assume you know that.

And no one is going to stick to your no multi client approach.
Not when high priests have a buff that reduces all incoming damage by 50%

I don't care who you, how legit you want to play.... reducing 50% of all incoming damage is the strongest buff in the game and players are going to go to extreme length to have it on their characters 24/7. More so in your little MVP, PET TANKING environment. 

And that's not what Assumptio does, but...well, I guess I could understand you not knowing that if you've never played Renewal, but that's an odd signature for someone who has never played Renewal...

#743 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:32 AM

I heard there's an update on vending where you can vend for 24(?) hours while playing using a certain (probably cash shop) item that can do that. I forgot the link where I red that.

#744 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:39 AM

All that needs to be done is modernize the auction house and have it share the same pricing limits as vending. I don't understand why people prefer swimming through crowds of vends to buy stuff over searching through an auction house and buying what you need in seconds.

#745 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:45 AM

I heard there's an update on vending where you can vend for 24(?) hours while playing using a certain (probably cash shop) item that can do that. I forgot the link where I red that.

http://ro.gnjoy.com/...ind=A&curpage=1

you need to do some quest before getting the certificate tho

and each quest have 7 days cooldown

#746 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:42 AM

And that's not what Assumptio does, but...well, I guess I could understand you not knowing that if you've never played Renewal, but that's an odd signature for someone who has never played Renewal...

You telling me transcendence is based on the renewal model?
No instant cast...
No stat bonus for rounded numbers.
No 100% elemental attacks

Lameeeeeeeeee

Never played renewal, ahahahahah AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I was so good they nerded my whole CLASS and stole my abilities on mr ranked potion tester.
Should of seen the whole server spamming greed... but the mechanic :P

Edited by IronFist, 11 December 2019 - 01:43 AM.

#747 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:45 AM

All that needs to be done is modernize the auction house and have it share the same pricing limits as vending. I don't understand why people prefer swimming through crowds of vends to buy stuff over searching through an auction house and buying what you need in seconds.

I, myself, also wanted to have the Auction System. But based on this link, it seems no one uses it because of the old Mailing System bugs (pre-Rodex). I hope they can implement it again but now using Rodex instead.

http://ro.gnjoy.com/...ind=A&curpage=1

you need to do some quest before getting the certificate tho

and each quest have 7 days cooldown

Is the quest and cooldown per character? If that's the case, I can quest at least 7 chars to have the vend all week, unless that quest is very long to finish...

#748 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:55 AM

I, myself, also wanted to have the Auction System. But based on this link, it seems no one uses it because of the old Mailing System bugs (pre-Rodex). I hope they can implement it again but now using Rodex instead.

And yet most players are louder about having an offline vending system over revamping the auction house. Which is what led the developers to work on an offline vending system instead of fixing the auction house system. It's rather contradictory how players clamor for more efficiency in the game, but demand the most inefficient way to sell stuff.

#749 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:06 AM

First a foremost, multiclient removes teamwork.
Instead of helping other players in the game, you would rather multiclient and level up countless numbers of your own accounts. 

Expanding on my first point, my second point is with multiple accounts a player will inevitably loss their gear. Then they will complain to everyone about where is my MVP this, my GOD item that and they will never share the spoils of collective efforts. Again removing teamwork and creating a rather toxic atmosphere of mine mine mine.

Third reason is just balance. 
You shouldn't get an advantage just because you have multiclients open. Highpriest is the extreme here, the advantage in a PVP with someone without a highpriest's buffs is just unbalanced, unfair and makes people not want to play. You also create these classes where they are fully buffed, and other classed that are a buff, each class should be chosen for its own advantages and should all be capable. You want a wide range of players, player a wide range of characters, otherwise you end up with 10000's of rogue bots.  

#750 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:10 AM

Is the quest and cooldown per character? If that's the case, I can quest at least 7 chars to have the vend all week, unless that quest is very long to finish...

not that long, maximum 5 item vend certificate only need to kill 3 each of Eremes, Sorin, Cecil and Keyron in bio3

also it seems the quest cooldown is per character

Edited by YongkySH, 11 December 2019 - 02:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users