What is Ragnarok: Transcendence? - Page 33 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What is Ragnarok: Transcendence?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
920 replies to this topic

#801 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:58 AM

Some posts had to go, along with the responses.

Please stay within topic.

I see mine was a victim.

Apologies if it strayed from what was acceptable, but most of these posts should be removed if opinions on other services vs this one aren't appropriate.

#802 anonymous9898

anonymous9898

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:58 PM

Multi client should be ban imo. What's the point if you make a party of characters one that kills and the rest are all buffers so you can 1 shot everything? Oh, and I hope they remove the experience penalty. It was just lame. Back in the day you can just form parties with random nearby players and go hunt stronger monsters. After they invented turn-ins the game is just not the same anymore.

#803 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:43 AM

Multi client should be ban imo. What's the point if you make a party of characters one that kills and the rest are all buffers so you can 1 shot everything?

You have to create your alts, level them, find a spot where they're safe, when buffs are ending you have to return to this spot, alt-tab, rebuff, alt-tab, while in party you have buffers with you, walking with you mobbing for you, using lex, magnificat, pneuma...

The problem with party grind is that if you're not online when your guild mates are, or if all spots are full, you just can't level up and need to wait for hours or just spend most part of your economy in pots, so the bonus exp should be greater to compensate that.

Multi Client is just an "advantage" when solo playing is much more effective than team playing. So the problem is the party exp bonus, not the multi-client itself.

Edited by xSwain, 15 December 2019 - 05:44 AM.

#804 5172131103040713750

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:15 AM

honestly i dont care what this server has zero or no zero. i just wanna make a damn account. Why cant i!

#805 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:33 AM

honestly i dont care what this server has zero or no zero. i just wanna make a damn account. Why cant i!

Are you getting any kind of error message or a notice on the registration page? If you can provide more information it would help in assisting the issue.

#806 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:35 AM

It has P2W I'm not denying, but it comes to publisher who actually know how to deal with it and main difference to F2P players are not being neglected like WP did.

There is difference when kill steal and macro users are punishable. And when there is exploit, ROM will do rollbacks and maintenance as early as they can.

P2W is not my concern when it's worth their service and their way to keep community cleaner.Toxic players giving 1-2 score in playstore because they get banned for KS or exploit tons of zeny and I'm actually happy for that....

How can you punish people for kill stealing when alchemists homos are scripted to KS?

Homos are literally the worst aspect of this game, literally gravity supported bots.

#807 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:50 AM

whats so bad about renewal mechanics

Level advantage means your immune to all statues inflicted by lower level players.
Literally means level 60-90 can't WOE or pvp because they cant hit, cant stun, cant sleep, cant do anything really. 
Where before it was stat dependent. (this ruined many classes ability to counter another class and created a one class rules them all issue)

Example of this is whitesmith/mastersmith. 
Very tanky class, deals decent single target damage. But biggest bonus of having a whitesmith breach enemy lines is its ability to hammer smash. AOE STUN and ShatterStrike Cart Revo. Break Armor and Weapons. If i was underleveled then a huge part of my offensive capabilities is usless, infact without huge hit rates my single target damage also becomes usless, so the whole class becomes worthless in WOE/PVP where its suppose to shine. 

Instant cast was not obtainable with stats. Made MVP cards extremely desirable and everyone needed it.
Also ruined many skill and stat builds, like instant casting super novie. Also had your wizards going more Int/Vit builds and relying on mvp cards which made them extremely hard to bring down while they deal massive massive magic damage. Also made mages extremely hard to level solo... 

Critical attack didn't bypass defense, so deals less damage, highest damage dealing GX could deal 99999 each hit with MVP card and icepick double dagger crit build. While the average GX could hardly deal 10k with a skill attack. 

Blacksmith could now miss.

Acid Bomb had damage increased

Ahh stats no longer had any value, instead of trying to perfect your builds with stats like, 20 str, 40 str, 60 str for the rounded bonuses, you stats had a linear bonus. So in renewal there was little advantage of maxxing a stat, you really couldn't go wrong with stat builds and you could just go 80 80 80 80 80 80. This removed most foods, instead of eating +3 food, we all just ate +10 food and +20 genetic foods.

Thats about all i can remember right now

Oh EXP and Drop were now limited by your level. I couldn't be a priest and turn undead of really strong anubis's. The game turned into a grind feast that literally made everyone do turnins to level. You get this aspect in dungeon games where there is a set path, no freedom to explore or level outside of the accepted method. This was extremely obvious in higher levels, i never even maxxed my mechanic because it was so gimped no one would party with me. And i couldn't solo because i didn't have a TAO to increase my own damage skill SelfDestruction. Long gone of the days you could level off Lord of Deaths mob, which wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination. 

Mostly i would say that renewal put a massive desire on MVP cards, in many respects they became more powerful then God Items.
While others like Orc Lord because worthless trash. 

One last thing i would note, is that guild guardians became incredibly strong.
Renewal changed alot of monsters, and made MVP's extremely strong, so strong that you didn't want to trigger its full range of skills. Best way to MVP was to chuck is hp so it didn't go through is casting script at each instance. AGI UP was a huge one, so many classes just couldn't do anything vs a AGI UP MVP if their skills depended on their hit rate.

Almost forgot.
Atk Speed, renewal increased attack speed from 190-193 and made it easier to obtain.
BUT!! greatly reduced atkspd, example of this is the SinX vs GX. GX has a -40 atkspd for a onehanded axe (required for 100% atk on large monsters) where a SinX only had -11. It also changed how +atkspeed bonuses where granted and pretty much made MVP cards like Doppleganger worthless, just like merchant BG accessory. Infact expanding on GX as i feel it was one of the most ruined classes with renewal, it had  -25 atkspd for swords (required for medium) but only a -2 atkspd for katars and daggers. Which is why those Crit GX's needed Drake MVP carded icepicks and no one else ever used anything but a katar. 

Edited by IronFist, 15 December 2019 - 07:39 AM.

#808 5172131103040713750

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:09 AM

Are you getting any kind of error message or a notice on the registration page? If you can provide more information it would help in assisting the issue.

yeah like weird errors. i was able to play iRO tho

https://imgur.com/a/7NbtXtP

im not sure if im allowed to post links or not but this is a screenshot of the error and issue im getting. feel free to delete it if its not appropriate

#809 eddie3

eddie3

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:22 AM

Priority list;

1. anti-bot

2. anti-bot

3. hm... anti-bot

4. anything...

5. economy; auction house... etc etc etc...

#810 JonahElbert

JonahElbert

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:28 AM

The problem with party grind is that if you're not online when your guild mates are, or if all spots are full, you just can't level up and need to wait for hours or just spend most part of your economy in pots, so the bonus exp should be greater to compensate that.

Nobody said you have to depend on parties to level up. 

#811 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:33 AM

yeah like weird errors. i was able to play iRO tho

https://imgur.com/a/7NbtXtP

im not sure if im allowed to post links or not but this is a screenshot of the error and issue im getting. feel free to delete it if its not appropriate

Thank you.

So the message "You are not allowed to view this content" basically means your region is blocked from registering to this title in specific. This is something WP cannot control :/.

However, I see that you already have the account registered, are you seeing another error?

#812 anonymous9898

anonymous9898

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:16 AM

Ahh stats no longer had any value, instead of trying to perfect your builds with stats like, 20 str, 40 str, 60 str for the rounded bonuses, you stats had a linear bonus. So in renewal there was little advantage of maxxing a stat, you really couldn't go wrong with stat builds and you could just go 80 80 80 80 80 80. This removed most foods, instead of eating +3 food, we all just ate +10 food and +20 genetic foods.

Yup.The stats bonus like giving an increase to minimal damage and max damage if you attain xx amount  strength was the most interesting part of the game and this was very early beta days, everyone had different builds despite  having no second class!

Edited by anonymous9898, 15 December 2019 - 08:17 AM.

#813 5172131103040713750

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:37 AM

Thank you.

So the message "You are not allowed to view this content" basically means your region is blocked from registering to this title in specific. This is something WP cannot control :/.

However, I see that you already have the account registered, are you seeing another error?

its a bit weird cause i was able to play iRO...soooo im region locked for this? yet i was able to make an account...all these were done without a vpn. so im still kinda confused. am i allowed to play or not?

#814 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:08 AM

its a bit weird cause i was able to play iRO...soooo im region locked for this? yet i was able to make an account...all these were done without a vpn. so im still kinda confused. am i allowed to play or not?

At which stage do you get the error? If you can create the account ID then you shouldn't be region locked for that game title.

#815 5172131103040713750

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:36 AM

At which stage do you get the error? If you can create the account ID then you shouldn't be region locked for that game title

I only start getting it after ive signed up for preregister. in how many hours does the game launch? it says 16th but no tentative time. i would like to test if i am region locked or not.

As for the error i get it everytime i go into ragnarok transcendence page now.

#816 LeginNoslen

LeginNoslen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:24 AM

Multi client should be ban imo. What's the point if you make a party of characters one that kills and the rest are all buffers so you can 1 shot everything? Oh, and I hope they remove the experience penalty. It was just lame. Back in the day you can just form parties with random nearby players and go hunt stronger monsters. After they invented turn-ins the game is just not the same anymore.

So you're saying the client should still allow people to multi-client, but the people that use it should be banned? Sheer brilliance.

I got a great idea, add a new quest called "Help for new people." and when you accept it, it formats your PC and burns your house down. Because god forbid we help out new users or make things pleasant for people that don't live on these forums.

Edited by LeginNoslen, 15 December 2019 - 11:26 AM.

#817 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:33 AM

Instant cast was not obtainable with stats.

tl;dr but while scrolling through i noticed this is incorrect. Straight from iW Classic archive:

Dex:

Cast time -1/150 (150 DEX = instant cast)

People absolutely got 150 dex for instacast before Renewal existed. If you're going to reminisce, compare and rant at such lengths, at least have your facts straight. You're spreading misinformation and FUD with stuff like this.

edit: Oh heck, here's another one.

It also changed how +atkspeed bonuses where granted and pretty much made MVP cards like Doppleganger worthless, just like merchant BG accessory.

I use my Doppelganger card on my RG constantly - it's often the last push I need to go from 192 to 193 aspd. One can also stack strictly -X% ASPD modifiers until they hit 100% and obtain 193 ASPD with 1 agi. Doppel is great for that purpose.

Edited by azumak1, 15 December 2019 - 11:36 AM.

#818 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:45 AM

Classic is dead who cares about it. It's (dex*2)+int=530 now

Don't even bother bringing up the old formula, it can cause confusion for anyone that's new.

#819 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:50 AM

I only start getting it after ive signed up for preregister. in how many hours does the game launch? it says 16th but no tentative time. i would like to test if i am region locked or not.

As for the error i get it everytime i go into ragnarok transcendence page now.

Can you link that ragnarok transcendence page?

There is no time provided yet, not that I know of. Please be patient till normal office hours :) the staff will surely post an update, it is still noon Sunday here (weekend).

#820 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:30 PM

I'm seeing people are saying they are getting 'You are not allowed to view this content' message, despite having been able to make an account or no account. Guess this means other ragnarok online providers don't want their players playing iro transcendence. OOOPS. Only one way to be for certain is when the Monday beta happens.

#821 DragonAco

DragonAco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:43 PM

Its heaps of little things like this that have been patched out.

Dead branch summoning on enemy teams for MVP's or Turnin spots.
Mushrooms in town.
Bloody Branches in South Prontera

All these little things people did for fun and someone got upset had a cry and it was patched out.
Hell i remember spending hours and hours trying to trapbug a darklord.
Such an accomplishment when i finally trapped it and brought it down, now they just teleport away so some lame ass bomber can kill it in seconds without it ever triggering any of its spells. And trapbuggers where the bug abusers... least darklord wasn't just a 2hit MVP that takes me 5 seconds to murder.

What content would you prefer, an aco battling a MVP for hours, spinning magics and binding the Dark Lord in a never ending ankle trap? Getting heal bombed and sniped while he rains down hell.

Or a Bio Chem that spends more time flywinging around the map locating the MVP then it does killing it?

Understand the fundamental attack of development teams against unforeseen ability of players to slay mvps to a more accepted method of using a single class with an overpowered attack that uses a programmable bot to tank... and you will understand why iRO has been on the decline.

Personally, id remove alot of exploitation patches with regards to MVP's so more of the community can defeat them, too much favoritism in the past that has only served to alienate players. Card rates are so low, method you killed a MVP is redundant... i say stop been a crying loser and demanding all the MVP's jsut because your a POS botting alchemist with your gravity approved bot.

I know right but yet I'm still enjoy lvling there. I am lone lvling healer. Lol .. What i care is to lvling my bishop . How serve change. Wont effected me... Maybe some player lvling too fast.. After that don't b know what can do m apart from doing instance and ETC .. When i watch other server like Twro on twitch. I was like why din happen in iro.. Loom at then lvling . That what i seeking in RO .

Got one time i try tp get a lvl 175 to help me.. Turn out only one person can enter the instance which is bijou quest. Thrn he totally piss off m say i waste his time... I watch your twitch only I ask for help.. If not i give a daxxxxx..

#822 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:53 PM

How does p2w keep the server clean?

I already list that, in-case you just get triggered and only read P2W word and need tldr :
- F2P players are not left behind and can catch up with P2W players with efforts. This is also related to economy rate.
- Server convenience and actually put war against exploiters and negative behavior.

Make RT playable first with contents, then when bad cash shop happened, you can just ignore if you still have fun with PvE and PvP stuff.

How can you punish people for kill stealing when alchemists homos are scripted to KS?
Homos are literally the worst aspect of this game, literally gravity supported bots.

By adjusting on/off mode? I don't really want to promote ROM here and there with their mechanics. I just want to point out how they can manage servers better even under P2W and bad stuff so F2P players can still enjoy the game, which is not happening in restart server last time... RT basically needs something that can pull that off...

Edited by Exvee, 15 December 2019 - 07:54 PM.

#823 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:31 PM

Please just name the regions that will be locked so we are not all sitting around wondering if we will need proxy/vpn to play. lack of communication is worse than bad news IMO.

#824 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:38 PM

Just stop and read this comment...  I mean actually READ it.

#825 Vespintoisback

Vespintoisback

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:43 AM

Where is it??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users