ET advice (+progress thread: stuck at Lv75) - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

ET advice (+progress thread: stuck at Lv75)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 758 posts
  • LocationInverted Castle
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:idk anymore help

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:47 PM

Dec 13 update: Finally beat floor 60, managed to reach Floor 75. Got a Doppelganger card too.

Dec 05 update: still stuck at 60, but I think our runs are getting better like not dying until floor 40 :ok:

Milestones:

Spoiler

So a pair of casuals (that's us :heh:) started doing weekly ET runs to see how far we can go.
It's a 2-man +2 alt team.

Party:
131/42 - SC - backup damage (bow + AS)
131/44 - GX - main damage (RC + crit)
105 - AB (alt) - buffs + pneuma slave + backup for certain mvps
99 - biochem (alt) - loot mule + fcp slave

Gears + stats
SC:

Spoiler

GX:
Spoiler

Mostly got our gears from token refine events so we don't have much budget buying other expensive gears.
If there's any advice about stats, level, & (affordable) gears we would love to hear it. :thx:

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 12 December 2019 - 03:09 AM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 16802 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:46 PM

AB stay back under pneuma to block Hell's Judgement, spam Safety Wall on whoever is at melee range of Samurai.

#3 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:57 PM

ET run again today, still stuck at 40. :heh: Consolation: we got better loot than usual.

We lasted longer than usual with spamming safety wall. Though I need to get the hang of remembering the timers for pneuma :heh:

We'll try again next week.

[edit]

Should I save up and get a AKx2 Chakram Sharp5x2 for the GX?

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 23 November 2019 - 06:00 PM.

#4 8494140805110025600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:17 PM

The most practical solution is to ditch the SC, and use the biochem to acid bomb samurai while the GX with hallu walk tanks while alt AB heals/pneuma/safety wall.

#5 ninJedi

ninJedi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:40 PM

You can try having the sc sswitch to severe rainstorm so he can just cast in the background (honestly, idk if this is better dmg but you'll be able to focus on your other character better)

For safety wall and pneuma spam, place multiple casts alternately side by side so you can simply walk back and forth when one is about to expire.

Edit: why not just decard the hunterfly from your current chakram and replace that one with an ak card? Then use that saved up zeny for exploring other gear slots instead (like maybe making temp boots with good enchant)

Edited by ninJedi, 23 November 2019 - 11:15 PM.

#6 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 03:14 AM

thanks to the puri stone today, we got our ET run earlier than usual

Finally managed to get past floor 40. Dark claw+EDP+CI+crits and SW+pneuma did the job. Thanks to all who posted advice here so far really appreciate it.

Now we're stuck at floor 60, bullied by the biokids (egnigem). :heh:

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 29 November 2019 - 03:15 AM.

#7 ninJedi

ninJedi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:06 PM

I've always thought that it was weird how egnigem is actually harder than some of the bosses that come after floor 60 :v

This is where your sc can step up.
If your sc kept arrow storm, he'll probably be able to easily snipe eggni and run/backslide before she and her entourage can react. Just need to clear the room so you have enough running space lol

Btw, idk if your sc has Urgent Escape , but, if you successfully anklesnare a boss, it can also stop their slaves from chasing after you(even if you stand beside them lol) if they didn't aggro yet.

#8 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:04 PM

I've always thought that it was weird how egnigem is actually harder than some of the bosses that come after floor 60 :v

This is where your sc can step up.
If your sc kept arrow storm, he'll probably be able to easily snipe eggni and run/backslide before she and her entourage can react. Just need to clear the room so you have enough running space lol

Btw, idk if your sc has Urgent Escape , but, if you successfully anklesnare a boss, it can also stop their slaves from chasing after you(even if you stand beside them lol) if they didn't aggro yet.

I tried doing your advice for my SC's play style but ironically this is how we beat Incantation Samurai from last night's run. :heh:

I did the same on boss egnigem but there are moments where she could chase me until I get cornered. Don't think I managed to catch her with Urgent Escape trap though.

I forgot how much damage my AS was doing to her (probably not much) but I'll try to pull the logs from the replay file later. Seems like I'm doing 30-33k damage to her with AS. I'm gonna stop being a cheapskate and stock up more converters next time. My question is, can the slave aco heal her a lot?

[edit]

I didn't see your edited post about decarding the HF card and replacing it with AK until now, sorry.

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 05 December 2019 - 03:51 PM.

#9 ninJedi

ninJedi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:52 PM

Hit-and-run usually always works :heh:

iirc, urgent escape places the trap directly under the user, so walking up to beside egnigem and then casting the skill will immediately catch her in the 3x3 area (if it doesn't catch one of her slaves). For the snaring trick to work, you need to make sure neither of you attack each other before trapping or else the slaves will also aggro and start chasing as well.

Why not just use crystal/frozen arrows though? It's way cheaper and less to worry about haha

iirc, the aco only heals her for around 9,999 and has a cooldown before he heals again. So if you stay consistent with casts, you'll probably be able to outdamage it.

My suggestion for the chakram was based on how many weap options your gx already has compared to other slots hahah

#10 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:14 AM

Hit-and-run usually always works :heh:

omg I can't believe we finally beat floor 60 today.

and I can't believe we got our first MVP card :sob:

Bapho's EQ hits like a truck lol wtf :heh: no i dont have enough skill points for maelstrom yet

Anyway that's our last run for today, again thank you all for the advice. :thx:

[edit]

also there seems to be a poison bottle supply crisis this week so I had to sit down and brew some. no wonder no one brews these anymore, the cooldown is atrocious

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 12 December 2019 - 10:47 AM.

#11 Foxier

Foxier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:45 AM

i wish i can join you guys. ;w; WL lv115/38, celine set x survivor set + magician gloves. Solo ET until drake. ;w; 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users