Love these kinds of threads -w- What are your current levels and gears? It gives a better scope for strategies. Also, budget :A So we can better suggest goals.
Let me paste a mini guide from soloing with Gene guide. Some things don't apply, but for the most part you can get ideas for set ups. Having a tank helps a ton. New observations will be in Blue.
Some general tips:
- Hallu Walk will help a TON on many MVPs. It needs to be paired with good DPS to get the most of it, though.
- Use a full on tank when possible. Having a shield is imperative to face tank some MVPs at those levels. SC can still tank pretty well.
- Cheese it up! CRS and Back Slide XD In a pinch, you want that kill no matter what. Practice your backslide, carry Speed Pots, use Halter Lead. Lex Aeterna before each CRS and you can cheese it up really well. Also, since there's no Tele, you can try to cheese with Ankle Snare if that's still possible :A
- Study the MVPs, learn their attacks and when they use them. Exploit those behaviors.
- If your DPS is not high enough, focus on survival. It's slower, but will be easier on you, your party and everyone's sanity.
Some (relative) budget gear you can look for:
- +9~+10 Fire Armor [Frus], Cat O Nine Tails Shoes, Magic Reflector [Maya]: You can do some or all. Thing is, when no GTB in sight, reflecting EQ is a legit strat. You can stack up to 84% chance to reflect (and thus survive) EQ. Even without Maya, a +10 Frus armor gives you 20% extra on top of Hallu Walk. If you are good with hotkeys, you can change between Katar/DD to shield to survive the EQ and then change back. If not, let tank have the reflect gear. Fire Armor because Ifrit :A If you can have a +10 Frus Wind armor as well (Valk/Bapho), all the better. I know they may not seem than budget-y, but compared to a GTB, they are mega cheap.
- Gray Armor and Shield: For FBH mainly. Use Argiope Gray Armor and Khalitzburg Gray Shield. Tank should be handling him super well with that set up.
- Deviling: I think this should be a main investment. Not as expensive as it use to.
- Elemental Nidhoggr Garments: Can give you that extra elemental resist to not die to certain attacks. I know you'll sac DPS, but if you can't survive the hits, DPS means nothing (unless it's enough to kill before he hits you. Compromise!)
- Elemental AK helms + Elemental Resist Mid HG: Same reason as above. Permeter, Leib Olmai, Leaf Cat, Giant Hornet, Giearth are the ones. I had a full set back in the day and I loved them -w-
Do keep us updated
Eager to see your first completion!
Edited by Akupuff, 28 February 2020 - 09:28 AM.