[Proposal] iRO-Custom Socket Enchant - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Proposal] iRO-Custom Socket Enchant

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:37 PM

iRO-Custom Socket Enchant

Since there's already some iRO-Custom Gears that can be enchanted through Hidden Enchants, might as well propose an iRO-Custom Socket "Enchants" as well (even though it may take 10 years, LOL :heh: ).

Reason for proposing
I proposed this one so that F2P (and poor) players can take advantage of some OCP and Yggdrasil Ascension items without any budget. The other reason is that for the items to be somehow useful (by either using them or trade them to Boxter). And also for another way to zeny sink and not just Raffler and Desocket. And lastly, it is also for the supposedly better ores (Bradium and Carnium) than Oridecon and Elunium to have its usage other than risking the equipment to downgrade by 3 in just 1 attempt.

Small Lore
Let's just say there is an adopted sibling of Seiyablem and Leablem (the name can be from any of the current CMs like how they made some items based on former CM Oda, or something different), and that adopted sibling has a way to put a slot to some items, most of which can be turned to its OCPs and Yggdrasil Ascension variants.

Difference from the other 2 NPCs
Instead of Normal Elunium, Oridecon, and Steel, this custom enchanter will need Normal Bradium and Carnium (that are dropped from monsters, not HD) and a lot of zeny (I think 5 ores per attempt is enough, but it can be increased). Also, all the equipment's chances are the same as the "C-Rank" chances (AKA, roughly 25%).

Proposed items to be placed

Weapons (requires 5 Bradiums and 2m zeny with 25% success rate):

Armors (requires 5 Carniums and 2m zeny with 25% success rate):

There would also be a guaranteed socketing option that needs to have 50 Valkyrie Power Fragments[1] (dropped from Bijou), 20 Normal Ores (Bradium for Weapons, Carnium for Armors) and 50m zeny (for zeny sink purposes).

FAQs

Q: Why you chose Vesper Cores instead of Vesper Gears?
A: I decided to choose the cores instead is because of the name, effects, and sprites are exactly the same as their non-slotted counterparts.

Q: If there's any new slotted variant in the next box/es, will it be added to this one?
A: If they have a similar effect of the existing non-slotted variant, why not?

More to come...

Notes

1. The item is temporary. It may be replaced with other items to placed.

Edit History/Changelog

• Spoiler 12/21/19 7:55am PST
    • Added the word "Normal" for Bradium and Carnium to prevent confusion between the said items and their HD variants.
    • Added a guaranteed socketing option. (Credits to Hikari for the idea :no1: ).
  • Spoiler 12/02/19 2:15am PST
    • Added title header.
    • Removed "special" chance of Gelerdria.
    • Added FAQs and history edits.

If there's any item that can be added (preferred to be a currently slotted OCP or Yggdrasil Ascension item that has a non-slotted version), especially those that I forgot, everyone is welcome to have some suggestions.

Edited by Jeneeus, 21 December 2019 - 06:56 AM.

#2 Hikari

Hikari

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 06:18 PM

A lot of your proposed items existed because jRO DOES have these specific items in their socket system already (1-2m + 10-20 Carn/Brads, or larger amounts of zeny), but they chose to sell them to us in Lucky Boxes / early OCPs instead, which is pretty crappy if you ask me, but they did stop adding them pretty early with a few rare exceptions. That said there's quite a few they never did add that would be nice to see over here like Excalibur, Mystelltein, Iron Driver, and Orc Archer Bow (as well as the ability to socket some of the OCP shoes like Enforcer, Imperial, and Fluffy Fish with 50 Valkyrie Power Fragments and I believe it was 100% rate as long as they were upgraded to +8)

#3 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 21 December 2019 - 06:57 AM

Updated post...

A lot of your proposed items existed because jRO DOES have these specific items in their socket system already (1-2m + 10-20 Carn/Brads, or larger amounts of zeny), but they chose to sell them to us in Lucky Boxes / early OCPs instead, which is pretty crappy if you ask me, but they did stop adding them pretty early with a few rare exceptions. That said there's quite a few they never did add that would be nice to see over here like Excalibur, Mystelltein, Iron Driver, and Orc Archer Bow (as well as the ability to socket some of the OCP shoes like Enforcer, Imperial, and Fluffy Fish with 50 Valkyrie Power Fragments and I believe it was 100% rate as long as they were upgraded to +8)

I'm bad at reading Japanese, so I didn't realized jRO already added those to be socketed... And since there's already an existing socketing in jRO, might as well change (probably some if not all) of the process from jRO (because I heard in some interview from a WP stream that kRO wants to make each provider [iRO, jRO, idRO, etc.] to be unique).

As for the already non-slotted OCPs (Enforcer, Fluffy, etc.) to be slottable, I have doubts that it may further break the game. My intention for this proposal is for the F2P players to have a chance to get the hands of some OCPs neither without buying OCPs nor buying from players.

Though, the idea of having to +8 the item with 50 pcs of that Bijou-dropped item to have 100% success is not bad either, but I think for this proposal of mine, I'll reduce it to +7 instead but the costs (except the item to be socketed) would be increase 4x for the ores and 25x for the zeny (20 Normal Brad/Carn + 50m) for zeny sinking purposes... I also hope that they would put those items you mentioned (Excalibur, OAB, etc.) in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users