Ragnarok Transcendence Closed Beta Test - 12/16! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok Transcendence Closed Beta Test - 12/16!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
521 replies to this topic

#26 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:18 AM

"zero mechanics" is renewal mechanics, with the class rebalances and different equipment/monster balance.

But the underlying mechanics of the game(damage, reductions, stats, etc) is renewal. Idk why this is such a shocker, the game will not go back to what it was at pre re.

#27 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:29 AM

"zero mechanics" is renewal mechanics, with the class rebalances and different equipment/monster balance.

But the underlying mechanics of the game(damage, reductions, stats, etc) is renewal. Idk why this is such a shocker, the game will not go back to what it was at pre re.

Is RT getting those rebalances though or is this purely just RE:START all over again?

#28 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:32 AM

Is RT getting those rebalances though or is this purely just RE:START all over again?

Campitor confirmed they "now realized" we want Zero and will be "talking to the team" to bring zero features... someday.

Edited by Paprikaa, 13 December 2019 - 11:33 AM.

#29 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:41 AM

like someday we'll get nightmare ogh? lol

#30 frankvanmayer

frankvanmayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:52 AM

I swear to God if Nightmare OGH is not implemented in Feb...

#31 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:40 PM

I actually liked the renewal mechanics implemented in restart server

I cant say i hate all renewal mechanics after that, as long as they remove the bad things, like +/- 10 levels penalty, exp tables, and bring some balance to op classes and mvp monopoly

#32 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:15 PM

Zero itself didnt had them at launch. Not to say it wouldnt be better if they rolled it in together, but it should happen eventually. And since both servers are for the most part, "mechanically equal", chaos and RT will likely get them simultaneously.

#33 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:19 PM

Renewal or classic mechanics was never up to discussion, Ragnarok Zero demands renewal. Its cast calculus is the same as renewal (DEX*2+INT = 530? or whatever it was, no instant cast), monster have their renewal statuses (e.g. 400+ flee on certain mvps), GFist has the renewal liminations, safetywall gets blown up by one huge attack just like in renewal, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Idk why some few people are complaining about renewal now, classic is not how Zero works.

#34 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:23 PM

Zero itself didnt had them at launch. Not to say it wouldnt be better if they rolled it in together, but it should happen eventually. And since both servers are for the most part, "mechanically equal", chaos and RT will likely get them simultaneously.

RT getting the skill rebalances on feb 3rd, lol, that wouldn't be too late at all now would it.

Worst part is it's very possible that we do actually get the rebalance months into the server being launched. Oh boy...

#35 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 13 December 2019 - 02:27 PM

Removing level range penalty would be a big one. Although I've had decent results just gearing noobies to the teeth and going for stuff 40+ levels higher. If you mob enough then the penalty doesn't matter..  e.g., fresh 5/1 Swordsman with a handful of decent gear/buffs can 1-2 shot in Orc Village already. 

#36 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 02:42 PM

closed Chaos server to shove down peoples' throat this RE:Start 2.0

#37 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:08 PM

Chaos cant be fixed. Was never fixed. Will never be fixed. It also will never get good updates. Lets put it on a break or a hyper sleep. Let's rename Chaos to Classic 2.0 where good updates.

Opening a new server might change something. Excited to see what my remaining friends will say about this Re:start 2.0. It's a hard call to make choosing between Classic 2.0 and Re:start 2.0 but ehhhhh

#38 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:16 PM

Closing Chaos and then forcing us into a new re-start situation is the worst part of this.... Fix the server most of us already playing on quicker instead working on a new restart 2.0 server. I mean how can this be seen as otherwise than forced, and cash grab, when there is 2 MONTHS OF DOWNTIME of the chaos server.... If we had access to our REAL SERVER I would not care, but now that's not accessible, its like why the heck are they working on a new server restart 2.0 NOW....

#39 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:21 PM

To ensure you will get an RT Beta Code on monday. Make sure that you have the newsletter enabled in your Warpportal Profile Options

#40 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:33 PM

To ensure you will get an RT Beta Code on monday. Make sure that you have the newsletter enabled in your Warpportal Profile Options

Everyone pre-registered gets one? or only a certain number going out?

#41 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:42 PM

Can't wait `til monday!

Koob's back!  :thumb2:

#42 Willtcg

Willtcg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:11 PM

Will we be able to download RT before Monday?

#43 EXDRIVE

EXDRIVE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:iRO Chaos / kRO Baphomet

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:08 PM

Hmm... Previously when I tried to register RT on Malaysian IP address it would give me "You're not allowed to view this content.". Today I tried again and voila I can register. Does this mean Malaysia is not part of the region block?  :p_omg:

#44 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:30 AM

Will be interest to see how crit works.
Renewal was so long ago i can't remember all the lame -_- it implemented. 

Least 190 atkspd is easy to acquire.
But crit damage is nerfed right? like it doesnt bypass def.

Thats why icepick crit GX were the best build because crits like a fixed amount and higher def, = higher damage. 

Can't remeber all the little -_- that pretty much destroyed classes and made them extremely reliant on a single mvp card
Actually now i think about it, literally every single class needed a mvp card to function in renewal. Kiel-D-01

BUTT-_-, we all know the damage Acid Bomb does in renewal mechanics. PVP is going to suck!
I mean its literally the only class that got buffs to its original skills right?

Edited by IronFist, 14 December 2019 - 01:48 AM.

#45 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:14 AM

you can read the wiki for how renewal works if you are wondering so much, it's mostly up to date

#46 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:47 AM

Hmm... Previously when I tried to register RT on Malaysian IP address it would give me "You're not allowed to view this content.". Today I tried again and voila I can register. Does this mean Malaysia is not part of the region block?  :p_omg:

Because ph-sg-my RO is merged? or yes region block is lifted

#47 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:51 AM

guaranteed contents to be 3-5 years behind kRo  :thumb:

#48 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:40 AM

Will be interest to see how crit works.
Renewal was so long ago i can't remember all the lame -_- it implemented. 

Least 190 atkspd is easy to acquire.
But crit damage is nerfed right? like it doesnt bypass def.

Thats why icepick crit GX were the best build because crits like a fixed amount and higher def, = higher damage. 

Can't remeber all the little -_- that pretty much destroyed classes and made them extremely reliant on a single mvp card
Actually now i think about it, literally every single class needed a mvp card to function in renewal. Kiel-D-01

BUTT-_-, we all know the damage Acid Bomb does in renewal mechanics. PVP is going to suck!
I mean its literally the only class that got buffs to its original skills right?

everyone need a Kiel to function in renewal?

#49 Foxier

Foxier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:59 AM

lol. so much complains about renewal. i just find renewal being quite balanced and nice. exp penalty on level difference between player and monster also great. at least we wont see high level players begin to "stuck" themselves in low-level areas for levelling. low level players would be forced to share levelling maps with high level players. or maybe legend of priest levelling through punching porings whole day may back. and also, without delay mechanism, the game kinda is on cheat engine.  :p_err:

Edited by Foxier, 14 December 2019 - 04:02 AM.

#50 Foxier

Foxier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:02 AM

:p_omg:  I'm M'sian. didn't encounter that "You're not allowed to view this content" when pre-registration was just started on first few days. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users