December 19th Closed Beta Update - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 19th Closed Beta Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:31 PM

hlu6Og4.png

iRO Transcendence Closed Beta Update

December 19th, 5:30PM PDT

If you still need a beta key, one can be obtained here: 
https://www.mmorpg.c...away-1000000966

Updates
Please note that these notes will evolve throughout the day as we review bug reports!

• Added Skill/Stat Reset NPC (near the Prontera Fountain in the center)
  • Added EmbyrosStone of Sages, and Homunculus food to Testing Area (near the Prontera Fountain in the center)
  • Added Emperium to the list of items sold by the Tester Vendor for Guild Testing
  • Bioethics Quest NPCs are moved to Aldebaran Alchemist Guild
  • Blacksmith NPC for job change is moved from Einbroch to Morroc
  • Spawning of Anubis mobs are disabled
  • Spawn count for mobs in Toy Factory increased
  • Falcon Pipe Trader NPC fixed and placed in Archer Village (pay_arche 91 134)
  • Character-delete Function is now working properly

Bug Report Station
Find a bug in the system? Please post it here:
https://forums.warpp...rt-bug-reports/

Any monsters reported as having bugged EXP values will be reviewed!

• Thief Bug is being reviewed

Community

#2 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:35 PM

Embyros

#3 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:39 PM

Will there be a level npc be added? seems stupid to keep people out to test homuns

#4 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:42 PM

Will there be a level npc be added? seems stupid to keep people out to test homuns

+1

I would like to test some things but not going to grind a character to do so

#5 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:45 PM

This is a test server that's going to be wiped anyways.

#6 rioos

rioos

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:47 PM

+1

I would like to test some things but not going to grind a character to do so

Specially with low job exp gain and some monsters with bugged experience (orc_dun). Also, I have no more character slots so might need to fix the deletion bug or include more slots.

@edit

Maybe just a NPC that puts you Alchemist on 60/20 would do the trick.

Edited by rioos, 19 December 2019 - 01:51 PM.

#7 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:52 PM

It would be nice if the NPC made you any class 80/50 to test skills. 

#8 SuperK8

SuperK8

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:56 PM

Can you add NPC to let you go to max level and change to any class? It's pointless to grind it out when you're going to wipe it. Add in stuff like elemental weapons,slotted gears,cards,Oridecon and Eluniums if you can.

#9 rioos

rioos

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:03 PM

Can you add NPC to let you go to max level and change to any class? It's pointless to grind it out when you're going to wipe it. Add in stuff like elemental weapons,slotted gears,cards,Oridecon and Eluniums if you can.

It`s good that people grind out and test the basic stuff as well. Look how many bugs we`ve found this week. At some point they will probably add that but for now we should keep testing the basics.

#10 CGeass

CGeass

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:26 PM

Or we could of thought ahead, we knew we were testing Homunculus this week. But I can’t count how many swordies and archers I’ve seen.

#11 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:27 PM

Yep. There's still plenty of time left until closed beta ends.
Let's go through things thoroughly for now.

Sooner or later they'll probably still add that npc anyways.

#12 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:43 PM

Today we start checking homunculus, it will last until the end of beta test period.

Who had interest in test it since the beginning already created alchemists, who doesn't and won't test unless they implement a level NPC, can wait for some days until early experience get tested.

Edited by xSwain, 19 December 2019 - 02:44 PM.

#13 rioos

rioos

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 02:54 PM

Or we could of thought ahead, we knew we were testing Homunculus this week. But I can’t count how many swordies and archers I’ve seen.

All of them needed to be tested. Not only alchemists. Also, alchemists are bad for testing high level content testing, and as we knew we would be testing them we thought the test suit would be provided.

#14 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:43 PM

dulahan pet doesnt give +5 crit when summoned....

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:52 PM

it probably got pushed back to being a high loyalty bonus with the new pet system. As previously on chaos all bonuses were set to activate at any loyalty, it is "missing" now

#16 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, sure would be nice to have an exp npc and job change npc to have an alchemist to test homunculus with...

Also, why is Anubis removed?

#17 AshenAshana

AshenAshana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:43 PM

Should there really be a limit to how many characters we can test? I know I only have one right now. But I also know I am capped at 3. Also will there be an extension to testing period considering all the things going on and not everyone progress fully through game yet?

#18 AshenAshana

AshenAshana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, sure would be nice to have an exp npc and job change npc to have an alchemist to test homunculus with...

Also, why is Anubis removed?

Not to be rude but, insta level npc would ruin the purpose of testing game. I'm sure the expectation is to have as many people go through as many maps as possible for CBT. And stat/skill reset npc addresses this issue already. Make a battle merch then change? And I too would like to know why Anubis is removed? Was something wrong with it?

#19 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:52 PM

Not to be rude but, insta level npc would ruin the purpose of testing game. I'm sure the expectation is to have as many people go through as many maps as possible for CBT. And stat/skill reset npc addresses this issue already. Make a battle merch then change? And I too would like to know why Anubis is removed? Was something wrong with it?

Noone is going to hold a gun to anyone's head and say "you have to use the exp npc" so people can still test exp gain from stuff, but can also test stuff like skills on all the classes without wasting hours of their lives leveling to get to that point for testing in a beta. Why should someone go spend 5 hours to level up an alchemist to do 10 minutes of homunculus testing?

#20 mixanus

mixanus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:52 PM

People were compaining that Anubis gave too much xp and shouldn't be in this patch.

#21 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:03 PM

So the max exp bonus we can do on the server is 200%. Initially our plan was to dial the exp rates up to 11. We will look at giving 3x Battlemanuals tomorrow.

#22 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:04 PM

First of all you don't have to use the "level npc" and second of all it's easier to test low lvl monsters on a higher level character.

A high level character can kill monsters faster to see drop rates as well as see if the exp values on various monsters are correct. Also gives you the ability to test all of the skills in the game without much time investment; as different iterations of RO have minor and major differences in how skills/stats work. 

Edited by senpa1, 19 December 2019 - 05:05 PM.

#23 MeowLavoisier

MeowLavoisier

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:12 PM

One suggestion is to make items such as detrimindexta, karvodailnirol and alcohol available in some NPC, as they are somewhat difficult to drop, since I think I and a few other players had the courage to make an alchemist.

#24 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:16 PM

So the max exp bonus we can do on the server is 200%. Initially our plan was to dial the exp rates up to 11. We will look at giving 3x Battlemanuals tomorrow.

We don't want to spend hours on level just to test and have the server wipe. Just give us the exp npc. Hell even make us run the job quests to make sure they work.

If you don't wipe this server, I'm done with this game.

Edited by ShoLin, 19 December 2019 - 05:16 PM.

#25 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:24 PM

pls don't wipe :v

@camp, can you check internally if the drop rate penalty is active? As in, being too overleveled in comparison to the monster will result in reduced drop chances. Chaos had this disabled since forever, but that's a default setting on most/all renewal servers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users