December 19th Closed Beta Update - Page 2 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 19th Closed Beta Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#26 ImATomato

ImATomato

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:26 PM

So the max exp bonus we can do on the server is 200%. Initially our plan was to dial the exp rates up to 11. We will look at giving 3x Battlemanuals tomorrow.

A CBT with live server exp rates + an NPC that grants exp/levels makes for a vastly superior testing experience than simply increasing the base EXP rates/giving battlemanuals. The former lets people easily and freely test low level maps and live server exp curves as well as endgame. The latter not only makes it more cumbersome and time consuming to reach endgame, it also makes low level map and exp curve testing even more difficult since you outlevel enemies/maps faster than might be desired.

#27 CGeass

CGeass

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:27 PM

@Campitor

Kellasus' son Koring is missing for the last part of the bioethics quest, or atleast I can't find him in the Alchemist guild. And we can't go to Lighthalzen which is where he normally is.

Edited by CGeass, 19 December 2019 - 05:33 PM.

#28 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:30 PM

where is the crafting arrow skill npc?

#29 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:31 PM

A CBT with live server exp rates + an NPC that grants exp/levels makes for a vastly superior testing experience than simply increasing the base EXP rates/giving battlemanuals. The former lets people easily and freely test low level maps and live server exp curves as well as endgame. The latter not only makes it more cumbersome and time consuming to reach endgame, it also makes low level map and exp curve testing even more difficult since you outlevel enemies/maps faster than might be desired.

+1

#30 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:33 PM

ppl will just jump past and not level nor test exps if you give them an instant level up npc early during testing. If they do it, it should be on the final days

#31 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:35 PM

I can go kill every low level monster (and see their exp value) on a lvl 90 50x faster than a level 20. 

Can a GM post the exp table that's being used on this server?

Edited by senpa1, 19 December 2019 - 05:36 PM.

#32 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:40 PM

game freeze then failed to connect to the server...

#33 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:43 PM

the exp values are known. The game is using the revo classic monster stats, you can refer to the ruRO wiki for monster info, every stat will be accurate. Character exp charts are also using the revo classic model.

The point in manually going through the levels is saying "hey, leveling from 40~50 f*ing sucks with the current exp curve/values, work on that"

#34 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:56 PM

Client is crashing and not even getting an error. Am online a couple minutes then just boom.

#35 supeprboss18

supeprboss18

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:59 PM

Crashing for no reason just being idle near the stat reset npc.

#36 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:59 PM

the exp values are known. The game is using the revo classic monster stats, you can refer to the ruRO wiki for monster info, every stat will be accurate. Character exp charts are also using the revo classic model.

Okay thank you, didn't see this posted anywhere by a GM. 

#37 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:04 PM

Crashing for no reason just being idle near the stat reset npc.

Ah, so it's happening to someone else too, thought it might be something about being near there, but there is no error pop up =\

#38 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:10 PM

is there gonna be pet loyalty event?

edit: my pet is loyal woohoo!

Edited by deforte, 19 December 2019 - 06:24 PM.

#39 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:32 PM

How do you expect us to do the test when the items are a extreme pain to get. or is there an NPC I don't know about?

My question is, do the people that run this game have an ounce of competency on how this game works? You say you play the game? I find that to be a lie.

It takes 2 seconds to search on irowiki ffs

https://irowiki.org/...ob_Change_Guide

zbobngj.jpg

Just give us the bloody exp/class npc already. We can check the exp curve at any point. I'm almost done with this crap.

Edited by ShoLin, 19 December 2019 - 10:58 PM.

#40 supeprboss18

supeprboss18

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:35 PM

How do you expect us to do the test when the items are a extreme pain to get. or is there an NPC I don't know about?

My question is, do the people that run this game have an ounce of competency on how this game works? You say you play the game? I find that to be a lie.

zbobngj.jpg

Just give us the bloody exp/class npc already. We can check the exp curve at any point. I'm almost done with this crap.

Honestly, I don't have high hopes for this even when it goes official. Everything should've been ready at launch. They're adding 1-3 things each day when people have already wasted time grinding just to job change...

If you want people to test the server, you have to give them the stuff. I took the knight quest when I wasn't job 50 I thought you could pass if you get J50 but no the quest is still there. Like, it's so freaking outdated and you're force to gather  stupid  materials.

It looks like it's just a mash of classic+renewal and whatever new stuff they can get from zero because they're too cheap to get the real one.

#41 deckerUY

deckerUY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:36 PM

zbobngj.jpg

Exatly... i just rush all night lvling up a merchant to do the alchemist tests with homunculus... and well still need a detrimindexta and well thos Coal.... damit the drop rates dont help the beta test.... for real...

#42 deckerUY

deckerUY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:41 PM

sorry for the double post! but dont forget the homunculus skills to be able to use a homunculus are from a quest in LHZ city!!!

so even if we are alchemist we also need that stupid platinum skill quest to test the homunculus hahahahah

#43 CGeass

CGeass

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 12:30 AM

zbobngj.jpg

It literally took me 45 mins to farm all 3. Byalan Cave has Black Mushrooms for Alcohol and Detri. And Poison Spores drop the Karvo. Geez, I even went out of my way to farm all the items I need for quest skills too. The rates aren’t that bad, lol.  

edit: Try getting 2 Grape Juice, 30% drop and only spawns from Dragon Fly every hour.

Edited by CGeass, 20 December 2019 - 12:38 AM.

#44 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 01:03 AM

Level UP NPC at end of beta testing would make sense than putting it the start.

Also, remember this is beta, I'd ask the users to be polite and keep a calm tone when requesting things, throwing a fit is not helpful ;)

As for completing Bioethics quest, Koring is MIA, he will be added later today.

#45 rioos

rioos

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 02:52 AM

zbobngj.jpg

I don't agree with your tone, but I agree that we didn't got a proper test suit. There's just no point leveling a merchant from scratch, gathering all those mats, just to test 1 thing that could be test in a couple of hours. I'd love to see some updates for tomorrow reset.

#46 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 December 2019 - 03:23 AM

People eager to test homuncs but don't understand that leveling and getting to that point is also part of the testing phase.

Yes, you also need to test if the items themselves are indeed farmmable and their drops aren't bugged.
You also need to test if alchemist job change is actually complete enough for players to get past that.
You also need to test if all the bioethics quest npc's are actually present.
Are all the merchant skills actually working enough for your character to level properly to get the skill points for job change/homunc skills?
Etc.

That's how you make sure everything is checked properly, by going at it piece-by-piece from the bottom up. This is the sort of consistency you need if you want to make sure the all the bugs are snuffed out and they don't sneak their way into launch.
If you can't test that now in this incomplete state then wait until they add the missing/convenience parts later. No pressure.

Edited by ninJedi, 20 December 2019 - 04:04 AM.

#47 rioos

rioos

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 06:11 AM

People eager to test homuncs but don't understand that leveling and getting to that point is also part of the testing phase.

Yes, you also need to test if the items themselves are indeed farmmable and their drops aren't bugged.
You also need to test if alchemist job change is actually complete enough for players to get past that.
You also need to test if all the bioethics quest npc's are actually present.
Are all the merchant skills actually working enough for your character to level properly to get the skill points for job change/homunc skills?
Etc.

That's how you make sure everything is checked properly, by going at it piece-by-piece from the bottom up. This is the sort of consistency you need if you want to make sure the all the bugs are snuffed out and they don't sneak their way into launch.
If you can't test that now in this incomplete state then wait until they add the missing/convenience parts later. No pressure.

I'd say thats general mechanics test and not homunculus system specific.

What is presented to us is "test the new Hommunculus System", general mechanics should be tested thorughout the week as we've been doing. Also, if that was the case they would not provide us ANY items, and would say test everything.

You're outscoping the test.

Working as programmer, there are somethings that I'm sure of:

1 - There will be bugs

2 - You cant test everything

Edited by rioos, 20 December 2019 - 06:12 AM.

#48 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 20 December 2019 - 06:16 AM

To be fair they are testing more than content that requires an NPC leveler.  Anyone complaining about not having a lvl up NPC from the jump has either never done a closed beta before or has no idea what they are talking about if they claim they have.  There is a large array of data that gets collected and sifted through.  Just sayin, if you only want to test content at a certain point in gameplay then do what others do and wait for that portion of the test.

I can sympathize though with the lack of support for meeting the playerbase halfway with say some upgraded rates however.

#49 rioos

rioos

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 06:28 AM

To be fair they are testing more than content that requires an NPC leveler.  Anyone complaining about not having a lvl up NPC from the jump has either never done a closed beta before or has no idea what they are talking about if they claim they have.  There is a large array of data that gets collected and sifted through.  Just sayin, if you only want to test content at a certain point in gameplay then do what others do and wait for that portion of the test.

I can sympathize though with the lack of support for meeting the playerbase halfway with say some upgraded rates however.

For the Homunculu system test, I think there would be great providing a alchemist in the correct level so we can just test that, I'm not saying they should give us a 1-99 lvl npc for all classes, but just a npc that turns you into alchemist at correct level so you can test.

We need to scope the tests better. We are still testing general mechanics like leveling, questing, item drop, npcs and a lot of other stuff. Now, if they want to HEAVY test the homunculu, they need to provide the test suit otherwise, players will just not test that. If I need to take hour of my day leveling something that I don't like, juts to test a small part of that, I'll simply not do that, remember, we're not being paid for doing that, all data will be wiped, we just want a proper test suit.

And to be honest, increasing exp would be really bad, it's nice to level and see how the flow will be when we're live.

#50 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 December 2019 - 06:36 AM

An npc leveler and instant alchemist option would've made sense if the homunculus system was just an external patch coming into an already established and functioning server.

But this game is literally still being built and there's too much stuff that's still untested to warrant careless skipping.

As a programmer, I'm sure you're familiar with scenarios where the bugs that you thought were contained in a specific case were actually caused from a different one, right?

It's not like time is too limited on testing anyways. Homunc system bugs found at a later date would still be addressed. And even after closed beta ends, we'll still have open beta.

Edited by ninJedi, 20 December 2019 - 06:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users