December 20th Closed Beta Update - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 20th Closed Beta Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 December 2019 - 03:31 PM

g7jebcP.jpg

iRO Transcendence Closed Beta Update

December 20th, 5:30PM PDT

If you still need a beta key, one can be obtained here: 
https://www.mmorpg.c...away-1000000966

Updates
Please note that these notes will evolve throughout the day as we review bug reports!

• Added items to System Tester Alchemist NPC used for Alchemist job-change quest
  • Added items to System Tester Alchemist NPC used for Alchemist's Bioethics skill-quest
  • Added Battle Manual X3 and Job Battle Manuals to System Tester NPC
  • Increased the rate at which weapons drops from mobs to .25% minimum
  • Reduced the Job Exp required for leveling by 10%
  • Fixed an issue with the Alchemist job-change quest with a missing Koring NPC (alde_alche 38 181)
  • Added Level-Up/Job Change NPC (prontera 124 69)
    • We've been holding off on doing this, as we wanted players to experience the early-game as we fixed it. However, we're coming up on a weekend and Christmas break, so we will be focusing on currently submitted bug reports next week.

Future Plans

• Second and Third Tiers of item-options will be added for monsters level 21-40 and 41+
  • Going to be heavily working on the big list of reports on December 23rd

Bug Report Station
Find a bug in the system? Please post it here:
https://forums.warpp...rt-bug-reports/

Any monsters reported as having bugged EXP values will be reviewed!

• Thief Bug is being reviewed

Community

#2 lxlskazylxl

lxlskazylxl

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 03:38 PM

I firmly believe that the problem that has dragged on ragnarok has always been the same mechanics and content available in the old times, so I understand that rebalancing the characters skills and making them more useful can make the game have a greater diversity of constructions. One example is the wise and wise gameplay of wizards that usually does not vary much, and it is always worth remembering that there are many skills that usually for low damage are never interesting, an example was to make a wizard specialized in killing undead, but the skills focused on that they are ridiculously weak, I firmly believe that in the old times always needed to have increased damage from the classes, the wise needed an improvement in arcane desire, the archer an improvement in hawk and traps to make them more useful than simply using one and redo the cards and equipment, I believe putting a few bonus attributes on weapons won't help much, and it's always good to have a race damage and etc... I found the proposal that I played on a private server with Zero mechanic implemented there super cool.

I am very happy that the team is striving and bringing the best possible to bring a new experience with the game. :p_love: 

Edited by lxlskazylxl, 20 December 2019 - 03:55 PM.

#3 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2019 - 03:47 PM

Skill balancing is the game changer of RO. I hope the staff start to work on it in early stages of the server. Or at least make a TODO list of changes and schedule each one.

Edited by xSwain, 20 December 2019 - 03:58 PM.

#4 lxlskazylxl

lxlskazylxl

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:08 PM

Skill balancing is the game changer of RO. I hope the staff start to work on it in early stages of the server. Or at least make a TODO list of changes and schedule each group of changes.

I believe a redone old team can be a lot of fun and balanced to play, if people can balance skills and make them playable there can be many different types of buildings, a battle sage for example could have a skill leveling improvement that They are executed during attacks, it has always been quite low and so has never been so viable, most people did it for fun, the soul strike skill is not as valuable as many other wizard skills (sightrasher, water ball which is only used on special ground...) . Alchemist also needed a much better skill calculation to make the game play more fun and not just cart revolution, auto attack and humunculus.

Edited by lxlskazylxl, 20 December 2019 - 04:16 PM.

#5 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:23 PM

hows the BB skill? has need a gutter lines or fix aoe ? im still level 41/38 kinda hard level grinding to job level 50

#6 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, but they're still a small development team, skill balance is not so easy as it looks like. If you change some skill, some builds can become obsolete or overpower, and since this isn't a MOBA where you can start over and over again, people would rage if their build become obsolete.

I like the idea of focus in contexts, not in some skill. It's like : "Gutter lines makes bowling bash useless, so how can we make Knight's AoE skills viable ?" and "Hunters can't use shields for most of his skills and has less damage that someone that can use race reduction cards, how can we improve it ?"

Edited by xSwain, 20 December 2019 - 04:28 PM.

#7 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:38 PM

Yeah, but they're still a small development team, skill balance is not so easy as it looks like. If you change some skill, some builds can become obsolete or overpower, and since this isn't a MOBA where you can start over and over again, people would rage if their build become obsolete.

I like the idea of focus in contexts, not in some skill. It's like : "Gutter lines makes bowling bash useless, so how can we make Knight's AoE skills viable ?" and "Hunters can't use shields for most of his skills and has less damage that someone that can use race reduction cards, how can we improve it ?"

Hunters do less dmg then others? What did you do make an agi hunter and not a trap one?

#8 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:42 PM

Server is open.

#9 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 December 2019 - 05:05 PM

I firmly believe that the problem that has dragged on ragnarok has always been the same mechanics and content available in the old times, so I understand that rebalancing the characters skills and making them more useful can make the game have a greater diversity of constructions. One example is the wise and wise gameplay of wizards that usually does not vary much, and it is always worth remembering that there are many skills that usually for low damage are never interesting, an example was to make a wizard specialized in killing undead, but the skills focused on that they are ridiculously weak, I firmly believe that in the old times always needed to have increased damage from the classes, the wise needed an improvement in arcane desire, the archer an improvement in hawk and traps to make them more useful than simply using one and redo the cards and equipment, I believe putting a few bonus attributes on weapons won't help much, and it's always good to have a race damage and etc... I found the proposal that I played on a private server with Zero mechanic implemented there super cool.

I am very happy that the team is striving and bringing the best possible to bring a new experience with the game. :p_love: 

Skill balancing is the game changer of RO. I hope the staff start to work on it in early stages of the server. Or at least make a TODO list of changes and schedule each one.

You guys talk like WP can make some change in the game without first asking permission for gravity.

Remember WP is a distributor, Camptor has already said that he has to ask for content to gravity and is not always serviced positively.

#10 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 20 December 2019 - 05:14 PM

hows the BB skill? has need a gutter lines or fix aoe ? im still level 41/38 kinda hard level grinding to job level 50

there is level NPC now, level and job

#11 supeprboss18

supeprboss18

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 05:25 PM

Still not fixed. You have to find the proper cells to make the most out of it like always...

#12 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 December 2019 - 05:29 PM

I don't trust warpportal for 1 second to make custom skill balance changes. I don't think anyone at warpportal even plays the game lol.

Edited by senpa1, 20 December 2019 - 05:30 PM.

#13 jogooff2

jogooff2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 05:43 PM

homunculus cant be put on agressive mode, this is normal?

#14 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 20 December 2019 - 06:08 PM

the AI is dead

#15 orokamono

orokamono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 06:16 PM

Maybe because of this? https://forums.warpp...ect-homunculus/

#16 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:22 PM

It's still just as buggy as it's always been. Once we get the skill balances for Swordsmen though, it'll become a normal AoE skill and the gutterlines will finally be history.

Wait and Hope etc.

#17 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:35 PM

Currently Asura has a 10 second cooldown, like it did on Restart. Please remove this so pre-trans woe is playable. Thank you.

#18 ImATomato

ImATomato

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:51 PM

What is the Novice option for on the Job Change NPC? It doesn't seem to do anything.

#19 rockmanpiya

rockmanpiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 December 2019 - 10:17 PM

MVP cards for testing please

#20 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 10:24 PM

Crimson weapons are definitely still dropping but, uhh....they look a little different now...

bP35OzO.jpg

Can't say I don't like it.

#21 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 01:56 AM

They will be removed.

#22 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 06:03 AM

crimson weapons with 1 random stats interesting

#23 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:33 AM

the AI is dead

EAC don't let azzy/drizyAI run soo your homunculo will not have a custom AI, you can try configurate it manualy but i wish you luck with that.

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:36 AM

EAC don't let azzy/drizyAI run soo your homunculo will not have a custom AI, you can try configurate it manualy but i wish you luck with that.

the homun update kills AI usage. Only kinda recently it was re enabled on kr.

#25 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:53 AM

the homun update kills AI usage. Only kinda recently it was re enabled on kr.

i know homun update killed the AI, but this have happen too on the bRO when the EAC was implemented and i doubt that we will be reciving the homun update now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users