RT Closed Beta Ends - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RT Closed Beta Ends

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:32 PM

Hey everyone. Today at 5pm we're going to close the closed beta. First, I want to thank you all for playing and providing feedback. Your feedback is important to us and we ask that you post it here: https://forums.warpp...neral-feedback/

Until we are ready to announce the open beta period, we will be working on the following things.
  • Rebalancing monster damage
  • Fever Field/Dangerous Dungeons
  • Monster/Job EXP Rebalance

There will be dev blogs from us after the New Year documenting the changes we make. As a priority for the first update of the New Year we will be requesting First/Second Class Job Changes for RT. However, until that is confirmed by the studio we can't give an estimated date of arrival.

#2 Senkrad01

Senkrad01

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:51 PM

i really hope Fist/second class job changes are skill rebalance. What is sad is that THAT comes after vacations, no one will have the same amount to play.

#3 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:00 PM

whats the final character update for RT? transcendent second class 2-2 or expanded classes or else?

Edited by gorgoroth1, 27 December 2019 - 03:02 PM.

#4 juliocf

juliocf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:02 PM

thanks

#5 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:17 PM

No VIP item fix yet? ;(

#6 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:28 PM

No VIP item fix yet? ;(

Not yet. We've shared our entire build with KR for them to bug test but so far no fixes.

#7 mixanus

mixanus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:12 PM

"First/Second Class Job Changes for RT" what would those be more exactly? The rebalance of skills? Please, clarify on that. As you could see in the feedback, a lot of people are considering if they will play this server long term based on if it will come or not at launch.

I'd say that a lot (thousands, even if they did not play the closed beta) will play it if the skill rebalance comes, just give it a look on youtube videos of people streaming the server on day 1 of the test.

#8 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:18 PM

thanks for having us a new pet system , offline vending , and the daily log in rewards but what WE need is the skill rebalance , havent you see on the game at prontera many caption on their offline vending asking for skill rebalance :/

#9 TheSatos

TheSatos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:51 PM

Thanks Campitor.

We'll look forward to your Dev Blogs after the new year.

And thanks for going after those skill updates from the studio.

We ALL appreciate that effort.

Cheers!  And happy new year.

#10 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:54 PM

The problem of monsters' dmg is RT use pre-renewal value on atk1 and atk2 variables while those are calculated with renewal mechanism.
So the easiest way is just use renewal value instead.

#11 Loguin

Loguin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:35 PM

I'm excited to see the blogs and updates that are going to come out. I don't mind waiting a bit to be able to play.. but I'm really looking forward to it. I had fun and enjoyed the slower pace of things honestly. I know not everyone feels that way. I'm pleased with what I've seen so far though!

#12 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:38 PM

I just want a crowded server without bots, where on WoEs you find more than two tier 1 guilds.

Happy new year, hope the server can restore the fun of playing RO.

Edited by xSwain, 27 December 2019 - 05:39 PM.

#13 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:10 PM

I'm glad to hear what the priorities are, and glad that they also appear to be in the right place.

After the last monster damage change, I didn't notice any huge issues leveling 1~40, so I think so far the changes have been pretty successful.

Fever fields/Dangerous Dungeons and the gear they bring are probably going to be the main draw of the server after the skill changes, if they are implemented well. Personally, I'm hoping to see multi-optioned gear, options on things that aren't just weapons, and much higher drop rates than normal maps, but I'm excited to see what kind of unique gear they are going to have as well.

EXP Rebalance...I haven't really spent enough time levelling at higher levels to know how much that needs rebalancing. Lower levels seemed alright, though the idea of doing the old classic Job 50 grind again is somewhat depressing. I'd like to see that turned back to Restart/Renewal levels, or at least in that direction if not so drastic. 

I'm very glad to hear that the Skill Changes are such a priority, but its unfortunate that the bottleneck is going to be the studio in Korea. Granted, that's probably always going to be the bottleneck, so it's not like I don't understand why it'll take some time. Fingers crossed for OBT, but I won't be especially hurt if it takes a bit longer than that.

Main question I have left now is, will OBT be followed by a wipe, or will it mostly just be an Early Access kind of thing? While I kind of am hoping for the latter, I could understand the decision to do the former after all the issues we worked through in the past two weeks.

Anyways, thanks Campitor and all the WP Staff for your hard work over the past two weeks. I am very much looking forward to what kind of progress happens between now and OBT, but until then, enjoy the rest of your holidays :)

#14 Toodyz0rd

Toodyz0rd

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:11 PM

Rebalance alone wont work, all other features are needed, like unique equips, expedition sets, enchancements on expeditions sets, the possibility to make enriched ori/elu and HD ori/elu, and other zero mechanics. If you try to take just a part of ragnarok zero probably will be a completely fail. This features works together, not separeted.

@Campitor

The open beta test will have any wipe or reset?

Edited by Toodyz0rd, 27 December 2019 - 06:14 PM.

#15 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:44 PM

Hey everyone. Today at 5pm we're going to close the closed beta. First, I want to thank you all for playing and providing feedback. Your feedback is important to us and we ask that you post it here: https://forums.warpp...neral-feedback/

Until we are ready to announce the open beta period, we will be working on the following things.
  • Rebalancing monster damage
  • Fever Field/Dangerous Dungeons
  • Monster/Job EXP Rebalance

There will be dev blogs from us after the New Year documenting the changes we make. As a priority for the first update of the New Year we will be requesting First/Second Class Job Changes for RT. However, until that is confirmed by the studio we can't give an estimated date of arrival.

Oh how many times I've heard this story

#16 DONTIRAMISU

DONTIRAMISU

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:12 PM

:sob: 

#17 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 07:55 AM

there's no point in this server without the skill changes 

#18 Zobaa

Zobaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 09:35 AM

I hope you will rebalance the skills. Because if they don't do that the server will be a total failure!

#19 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 December 2019 - 04:12 PM

i guess you can just assume its a clone of the rest of regional server until all of that "important update" arrives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users