RT Dev Blog 1-3-2020 - CBT Extension, VIP, Refining Ores, and Early Access/OBT - Page 5 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RT Dev Blog 1-3-2020 - CBT Extension, VIP, Refining Ores, and Early Access/OBT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

#101 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:04 PM

So did they just announce OBT and dip til the 7th? lol

#102 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:11 PM

everyone's talking about skill rebalancing in ZERO. Anyone care to give a link on what will the changes be so we can pick our classes based on those changes?

#103 Lugal

Lugal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:56 PM

everyone's talking about skill rebalancing in ZERO. Anyone care to give a link on what will the changes be so we can pick our classes based on those changes?

Be ready to use a korean vpn.

http://roz.gnjoy.com...eq=60&curpage=1

To sumarize,  some skills have increased damage, some change a little bit the effect, skills have differents variable and fixed casts, delay after skill reduced, refine bonus per lv is different, alot of lootboxes, cash items with functions like: teleport you to where you want, or directly to a mob spot,open storage anywhere item, more kafra slots,  buff foods, costumes, the memorial dungeons, poring dungeon, 3rd classes "balanced" and so on.

You can check videos on youtube about ragnarok zero, just search for:  라그나로크 : 제로

#104 Lugal

Lugal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:00 PM

I have a question to WP, i'm curious, why do you don't buy the license to open a Ragnarok: Zero server?

At least to me sounds like many people want to check it out, instead of a renewal/pre-renewal server with modifications. And for people who already play on normal servers there is no reason to play this Ragnarok: transcendence.

#105 TheSatos

TheSatos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:08 PM

I have a question to WP, i'm curious, why do you don't buy the license to open a Ragnarok: Zero server?

At least to me sounds like many people want to check it out, instead of a renewal/pre-renewal server with modifications. And for people who already play on normal servers there is no reason to play this Ragnarok: transcendence.

That's kinda what it seems like they are actually trying to do.

Campitor has stated that they have to deal directly with the studio for that server build/skills update.

It seems like they've made some progress toward that...it's just going to be some weeks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continuing with some CBT extension feedback, the Offline Buy Stalls (or whatever we're calling them) could use some text cleanup.

You cannot see how much money the buyer has available, due to the timer.

Buy-Stall-Text-Garbled1.png

And when I go to sell my red herb, I get the notification that the buyer does not have the appropriate funds to complete the transaction.

Buy-Stall-Text-Garbled2.png

Is there any way to clean up the overlapping texts?

It's functional...it's just not legible.

*edit*

Sorry VModCinnamon.  I'll head that way, and check them out before posting the rest.

Thanks for checking me.

Edited by TheSatos, 05 January 2020 - 03:15 PM.

#106 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:11 PM

TheSatos, those are known issues and yet to be attended. I'd suggest checking out the pinned bug report station in the tech section of the forums :), which can also be used to append further bugs.

#107 Loguin

Loguin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:19 PM

I decided to try leveling from novice up to see how the exp bonus from books/VIP went. I managed to hit 22/29 in an hour. Which felt fine, however in that entire time I got 1 weapon to drop. That seems a bit off including VIP drop bonus. Overall, I'm not minding the exp curve too much.. but then I remember I'm using a 3x and Job manual on top of VIP. While I don't think anyone should be able to hit level 50+ in an hour, it still feels a bit off. It could just be that I only bought NPC gear and didn't upgrade it. Not having buffs or gear really slows down the speed of leveling even on Chaos. So I'm still not sure how I feel about the current rates/exp curve, but it's better than it was to start. It'll be interesting to see how it is once we go live.

For people who have concerns about how bare bones the server is right now.. This is just the starting state. They already have some stuff planned for updates once it gets back from kRO. I don't mind it at all right now myself. It'll be a lot better when there are people vending dropped gear and parties available as well. 

Edited by Loguin, 05 January 2020 - 03:24 PM.

#108 Lugal

Lugal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:22 PM

That's kinda what it seems like they are actually trying to do.

Campitor has stated that they have to deal directly with the studio for that server build/skills update.

It seems like they've made some progress toward that...it's just going to be some weeks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continuing with some CBT extension feedback, the Offline Buy Stalls (or whatever we're calling them) could use some text cleanup.

You cannot see how much money the buyer has available, due to the timer.

Buy-Stall-Text-Garbled1.png

And when I go to sell my red herb, I get the notification that the buyer does not have the appropriate funds to complete the transaction.

Buy-Stall-Text-Garbled2.png

Is there any way to clean up the overlapping texts?

It's functional...it's just not legible.

When i said "buy license" i mean, the entire Ragnarok:Zero system, not just  the skills files and formulas. If they buy parts of the game, in the end it somehow will look strange.

i don't know if this "offline online system vending" is implemented in Ragnarok:Zero, but  seems to be a great thing when began to work properly.

The message with the success refine on global instead of just showing a message, why not include a link to the refined item in the message? it would be great.

#109 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 10:21 AM

What time does Open Beta start tomorrow ?

#110 VimaDias

VimaDias

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

Since I'm still on vacation, this OBT came in the best of times! I'm really expecting to have a lot of fun, with or without skill rebalances :)

#111 Trufinha

Trufinha

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 04:39 PM

Since I'm still on vacation, this OBT came in the best of times! I'm really expecting to have a lot of fun, with or without skill rebalances :)

Chegamos!!! 

#112 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:28 PM

No news from WP yet?

#113 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:45 PM

They seem to be occupied going through major reported issues in the beta. Anything in specific you are looking for?

#114 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:16 PM

Well, CBT was supposed to close...9 hours ago? And it's still up.

And we still don't know when OBT is supposed to open, so the fact CBT is still open kind of leads me to think it's going to push the OBT back a bit.

#115 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:14 PM

And push Chaos reopen further? Please no...

#116 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:20 PM

Well, CBT was supposed to close...9 hours ago? And it's still up.

And we still don't know when OBT is supposed to open, so the fact CBT is still open kind of leads me to think it's going to push the OBT back a bit.

not anymore

#117 Virgath

Virgath

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 09:58 PM

It seems to me that serves closed, I am unable to enter, I look forward to the reopening.

maximum level to all!

#118 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:15 AM

So is it gonna be the same client?
Do we need to download a new one?

..Anything?

#119 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:15 AM

We already have a Sakray and Normal EXE in the client we already have, so I doubt we'll need another one. I am wrong, new client at http://playragnarok.com

I wouldn't expect any news until about 5 Pacific, as that's when stuff generally seemed to happen for RT during the CBT. Til then, just sit tight and pray for successful bug fixes.

Edited by TwilightsCall, 07 January 2020 - 02:34 PM.

#120 TheSatos

TheSatos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:28 PM

The anticipation is making my work day pass slower.
I’ve been checking the forums every hour.

Why am I half expecting them to be like, “Surprise! Korea delivered the Zero Skills update early enough for launch.” even though I know that’s not going to happen?

#121 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:33 PM

No its not gonna happen more likely obt to get delayed more hours

#122 PiersGouen

PiersGouen

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:02 PM

Does anybody know if we're going to have to download a new client? Because my cousin just downloaded the client from the RT site, and his seems more up to date than mine. Mine still shows the sakray patch notes and there's no license, just like in cbt.

#123 ellenfrfx

ellenfrfx

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:06 PM

Oh good time for me to be on vacation I suppose.

#124 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:15 PM

Does anybody know if we're going to have to download a new client? Because my cousin just downloaded the client from the RT site, and his seems more up to date than mine. Mine still shows the sakray patch notes and there's no license, just like in cbt.

Hello,

Yes, users need to download the new client. It is now live.

Download page:
http://www.playragnarok.com/

#125 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:37 PM

So the client on the page currently is different than CBT we downloaded a few weeks ago? Just looking for clarification. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users