RO Transcendence: Remove Fixed Cast Times - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

RO Transcendence: Remove Fixed Cast Times

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#26 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 07 January 2020 - 11:25 AM

Let's make acid bomb instant cast. Give your head a -_-ing shake.

#27 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:59 PM

Let's make acid bomb instant cast. Give your head a -_-ing shake.

You would obviously change it to a variable cast time. And we should have zero before trans anyways. 

Edited by AaronP2W, 07 January 2020 - 01:00 PM.

#28 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:40 PM

I really can't understand the idea there, Creators with acid bomb are OP, champions spamming asura are OP. Stalkers and Snipers are useless and gutter lines makes LKs worthless.

Bad solution: Nerf AD and Asura, buff Snipers and Stalkers, fix gutter lines.

Genial solution: Remake the mechanic using renewal features, put a fixed cast time in everything with cast.

Now we have tons of new bugs and new OP classes/builds. I can't imagine why people can't figure out that RO Classic and Renewal have its problems, and can be a crowded game again if people stop trying to bring some genial new feature and just fix what is bad.

Edited by xSwain, 07 January 2020 - 01:40 PM.

#29 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:43 PM

and kRO would give the go ahead? Moreover, It'd be near instant if they make it variable anyways. One second cast is fine.

news flash this isn't classic, classic died a horrible death. You want this to die too? Classic near the end was not fun to play hence why it died.

Classic is dead and leave it dead.

#30 DestroyerWS

DestroyerWS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:05 PM

I wonder why you are talking about transclass or 3rd while the RT is 99/50, there's no reason to have fixed cast, it's simple, even with full gears you are not able to get 150 dex for insta cast on classic.

#31 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:10 PM

All servers are dead, even kRO Zero if you look the WoE videos from 6 months ago until now, you'll see a few players trying to kill each other in front of castle portal while other few players rush to emperium.

Gravity don't need to aprove minor changes, by example in CBT they increased the healing skill effect. Change a damage value or property don't need a new build.

While Classic pServers with reasonable cash shop and updated Renewal pServers has much more players than oficial servers, we're still here reporting navigation bugs.

Yeah, with Classic, Oficial RO died too.

#32 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:42 PM

people seem to forget Magic Strings is a thing apparently

or Suffragium even

#33 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 03:03 PM

suffragium is the -_-

#34 Windave

Windave

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:18 PM

so do we have any news? Should I build a monk with 40dex?

#35 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:21 PM

Last I checked strings/suff doesn't reduce fixed cast times.

#36 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:24 PM

I give up trying to help the server. See you guys around!  :rice:

Edited by AaronP2W, 07 January 2020 - 04:26 PM.

#37 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:27 PM

bai

#38 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:32 PM

You can obtain instant cast with 1 dex.

if we're talking about woe. i don't have any problem with fixed cast time. Gfist can be used after combo bypassing all forms of cast time. With the skill balance wizard aoe skills will have 5~7s cooldowns. you can actually spam more meteor storms with the current mechanic. and imo either mechanic is better than spamming meteor storms under aspd delay which is in no way a good thing for WoE since you want as little lag possible. let me remind you magic strings and suffragium exist. I don't think sages' debuff and land skills have fct. Also spamming Acid bombs as fast as Double strafe/autoattacks is not balance. What other relevant skills have fct? I'd say just wait for the official skill balance. if you don't like the current mechanic just don't play the game lol.

https://www.youtube....h?v=OrjyuwfUOZc

How are you going to get instant cast with 1 dex?  People don't understand how important to be able to cast LP/dispell/sacrifice in WoE. So tell me how are you gonna cast a slow ass skills when you're getting spammed by AS/MB/BB? Use a phen right? I guess people don't know how competitive woe scenes are.  Also, strings and suff doesn't reduce fixed cast times. 

Edited by Lilp, 07 January 2020 - 04:34 PM.

#39 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:34 PM

by acumulating 100% variable cast reduction through gear/buffs

#40 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:41 PM

He's referring to gfist.

Seems like they're casting fine.

This isn't classic and never will be classic. What's so hard to get that through everyone's thick skulls?

#41 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:42 PM

i'm just talking to the ppl that think "just convert all FCT to variable and it will be fine" :v

it wont.

#42 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:52 PM

by acumulating 100% variable cast reduction through gear/buffs

Yes of course, but this server won't have FAW/Crown of deceit/RWC accs nor Isilla/KK cards(for now at least).

#43 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:55 PM

a very moderate magic strings + some dex on your character and you can reduce your total cast time by 70~80% already.

If you have some priest dedicated to use Suffragium on yourself, you have upwards to 95% variable reduction, wich is pretty much instant anyways.

#44 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 January 2020 - 05:03 PM

Until the skill rebalance comes in, and Magic Strings gets hilariously nerfed.

But yes, probably best not to tempt fate with future gears.

#45 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 05:04 PM

Was refering to lilp

Now lets get a list (I'll be going off trans because that's what ultimately it's going to)

High wizard

Storm Gust (Variable)

Frost Nova (Variable)

Heavens Drive (Variable)

Jupitel Thunder (Varible)

Water Ball (Varible)

Mystical Amplification (Oh noes .75 seconds of fixed)

Sniper

Falcon Assault (Variable)

Focused Arrow Strike (1 second of fixed)

Assassin cross

Meteor Assault (Oh noes .25 seconds of fixed)

Soul Destroyer (woe is me .25 seconds of fixed) Should be more

High Priest

Kyrie Eleison (Variable)Magnificat (Variable)Magnus Exorcismus (1.2 seconds fixed) It's pvm anywaysSafety Wall (Variable)Sanctuary (Variable)Assumptio (Variable)Basilica (9 seconds fixed) good to stop trolls.

Minstrel/Gypsy

Arrow Vulcan (Variable)Tarot Card of Fate (Variable) F this skill in general

Scholar

Foresight (5 Seconds fixed)

Champion

Zen (1.4 seconds fixed)

Guilitine Fist (3.5 fixed seconds cast) It's a 1 hit skill, combo it if you don't like it.

Biochem

Acid Bomb (1 second fixed)

Paladin

Sacrifice (1.5 seconds of fixed)

Is this what you're QQ'ing about? Eat a bag of pickles.

Edited by ShoLin, 07 January 2020 - 05:09 PM.

#46 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:42 PM

I feel that this  post is basically a part 2 of the previous one and is basically on this changes:

Champion

Zen (1.4 seconds fixed)

Guilitine Fist (3.5 fixed seconds cast) It's a 1 hit skill, combo it if you don't like it.

Fixed cast time is a way of balancing both Guillotine Fist and also Acid Bomb. This 2 skills were the summary of the meta regarding WoE/BG/GvG when it comes to killing on PvP in Classic. This change is totally understandable. People will have to adapt to the change and getting used to not one shot people so easily.

#47 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 11:46 PM

Lets make everything instant and easy again, so the losing side can just ask for help and screw up WoE all over again. Then they can merge RoT to Chaos  :heh:

#48 Schokoramell

Schokoramell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:12 AM

How are you going to get instant cast with 1 dex?  People don't understand how important to be able to cast LP/dispell/sacrifice in WoE. So tell me how are you gonna cast a slow ass skills when you're getting spammed by AS/MB/BB? Use a phen right? I guess people don't know how competitive woe scenes are.  Also, strings and suff doesn't reduce fixed cast times. 

Yeah strings and suff don't reduce fct. but you wanna remove fct. that'll make everything insta-castable with 1 dex.

dispel has like 0.4s(cmiiw) fct. the most important thing about it in woe is removing sacrifice and fury. sac and call spirit/zen has longer fct now. dispel is actually more powerful with the current mechanic. same goes for LP vs wizard aoe. LP has upto twice faster fct than wizard aoe skills. Sounds fair enough to me.

even with fct sacrifice doesn't lose its place in woe. it's just that now people will have to be mindful of their devotion state. If you get dispelled you will have to return to the backline for re-sac. no more mindless one button skill spam. all in all woe is in slower pace and requires more tactics.

anyway RO mechanics are all arbitrary. there's nothing wrong or right. it's all just a matter of taste. i enjoyed classic era when everything is more flashy flash fast. but i'm old now so i won't complain if everything is slower, more tactical, and less lag. more importantly I want something new. so hope the skill reworks will come very soon. let's just accept whatever (mechanic) they gave us. no customization is the fairest path for everyone.

#49 milio08

milio08

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:48 AM

is Magic Strings broken? I just got to lvl8 skill + lvl5 music lessons and about 60 dex, finger offensive got the same casting time.

Edited by milio08, 01 February 2020 - 11:50 AM.

#50 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:04 AM

You can obtain instant cast with 1 dex.

if we're talking about woe. i don't have any problem with fixed cast time. Gfist can be used after combo bypassing all forms of cast time. With the skill balance wizard aoe skills will have 5~7s cooldowns. you can actually spam more meteor storms with the current mechanic. and imo either mechanic is better than spamming meteor storms under aspd delay which is in no way a good thing for WoE since you want as little lag possible. let me remind you magic strings and suffragium exist. I don't think sages' debuff and land skills have fct. Also spamming Acid bombs as fast as Double strafe/autoattacks is not balance. What other relevant skills have fct? I'd say just wait for the official skill balance. if you don't like the current mechanic just don't play the game lol.

https://www.youtube....h?v=OrjyuwfUOZc

Well pointed, you convinced me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users