Drupische

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:05 PM

[Removed]

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I find it so surreal to see a zeny bot on the first (technically second) day of Ragnarok Transcendence roaming about.

Maybe it's a good thing that they started showing up this early on, in a beta phase of the game. This would give WarpPortal and Gravity staff time to possibly divert more of their resources and time into developing a strategy on how to eliminate, or at least minimize, zeny bots - and bots in general - for the final release of RT, especially now that we have an anti-cheating tool that we can work with and improve.

I never got to try Ragnarok RE:START during its heyday, around mid-to-late 2017, but from what I've looked into, one of the major causes of its failure after around a year from its launch is the rampant (zeny) botting.

I believe it's clear enough that dealing with this problem that RO in general has been plagued with for almost two decades is top priority. After all, I'm sure the WarpPortal and Gravity teams don't want a repeat of RE:START, nor do any players with at least some level of hope for the future of the game.

(BTW, let me know if you want me to censor the bot's name. I didn't censor it, because it's a bot, and I don't think it's going to incriminate anyone innocent).

Edited by VModCinnamon, 08 January 2020 - 09:49 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed screenshot.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:59 PM

Thank you for the report Drupische.

Apologies, I had to remove the screenshot.

I saved it however for investigation. Posting screenshots of users conducting ill-mannered in game, is not allowed, that's the forums policy >.<

#3 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:09 PM

because EAC is bad, it same anti-Cheat that Bot maker already bypassed it.

It not like tRO Revo that rapidly change code everyday. so it hardly to bot  :heh:

#4 kebryi

kebryi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:53 PM

Actually, I can assure you that, most of the player you see around are not bots. I was actually accused of being a bot myself and it is quite funny actually. believe it or not, Most bot are high level player/ second jobs who still kill at level low.area. Or maybe these folks had so much time in their hands that they like to troll players by ksring other player's mobs. Anyway, it is easily to test if it is a player or not. The top one is to ask them. If they don't answer, 50% most likely to be bot. If they ks you or when you ks them they leave and the mob still attacking them and they drag the mob around. 

#5 Drupische

Drupische

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:14 PM

Cinnamon: Oops. Sorry about that. Hopefully, this botting problem gets addressed before the release of RT.

aTID2: Yikes. I hope they improve on it by a lot before the official release of RT, or just replace it completely with something much more robust.

kebryi: Haha, yeah, I really hope that they're not bots, too. Often, it's not clear at first sight if they are, but it's always better to be safe than sorry, I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users