I'm quitting RT after being scammed for $650 - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I'm quitting RT after being scammed for $650

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#51 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:55 PM

sorry RO:exe has waaaaay more scammers and waaay more players fell for this kind of scams LMAO

#52 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:56 PM

All these things are offered to me, I didn't proposed any of these. It's like somebody rang my door bell, i opened my door, and see someone outside trying to offer me something.

Nah, I imagine it to be more like a creepy dude in the back of an ally that psst you and offers you a great deal to buy his crappy stuffs.
Will you blindly buy what he have?

In that case, the creepy dude is the scammer and the great deal he offers you is to become an iRO GM.

Edited by MegaEdge, 10 January 2020 - 02:56 PM.

#53 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:57 PM

Bro if that happened to me I would sooo quit... you have to do it

#54 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:57 PM

this is a joke right? RIGHT?

#55 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:58 PM

Scams like these can't be blocked by anti-cheat systems, no matter what game you're in.

#56 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:59 PM

@MegaEdge you are correct

Edited by Haiyang, 10 January 2020 - 03:01 PM.

#57 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:01 PM

tenor.png

#58 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:02 PM

In WP building "Hey, we need a new GM... should we open a recruitment list ? Naaaah lets just invite Haiyang, he's a nice guy"

Edited by xSwain, 10 January 2020 - 03:03 PM.

#59 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:07 PM

tenor.gif?itemid=5001372

#60 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Also, you people seem to dislike RO:EXE. Can you people speak SEA/EA languages like I do? Are any of you Asians? Your impressions seem to be negative towards asians (MMORPG specifically). You havent played in RO:EXE nor do you understand the culture. there are way more people in RO:EXE, there are less hackers/botters in RO:EXE, there are less scammers in RO:EXE, there are more nicer people in RO:EXE. There are some people in iro who will help you out to gain your trust and then stab you in the back like what happened to me. The person who scammed me today has a spanish name and from panama (i figured this out).

If you are gonna complain to me about RO:EXE, you don't know sh*T! Stop it. I dont wanna talk about it.

talking about asian gaming culture and yet you know nothing about it.

#61 diegola123

diegola123

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

I am god. gib me mony

#62 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:08 PM

stop talking about RO:EXE man. all i will hear from you people are negative towards it.

Edited by Haiyang, 10 January 2020 - 03:10 PM.

#63 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:12 PM

aren't you canadian?

#64 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:13 PM

i hear ro:exe is pretty trash

#65 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:14 PM

" Are you from Asia? "

that was famous scam phrase

just want you to know if you still wanna play here  :p_smile:

#66 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:14 PM

ro:exe bad

#67 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

Also, you people seem to dislike RO:EXE. Can you people speak SEA/EA languages like I do? Are any of you Asians? Your impressions seem to be negative towards asians (MMORPG specifically). You havent played in RO:EXE nor do you understand the culture. there are way more people in RO:EXE, there are less hackers/botters in RO:EXE, there are less scammers in RO:EXE, there are more nicer people in RO:EXE. There are some people in iro who will help you out to gain your trust and then stab you in the back like what happened to me. The person who scammed me today has a spanish name and from panama (i figured this out).

If you are gonna complain to me about RO:EXE, you don't know sh*T! Stop it. I dont wanna talk about it.

i played on the SEA server. i am from there and it was one of my main servers lmao yes i understand the culture and speak their language, i know the use RO a a business. they make money by piloting characters and level each other, because foreign currency converts very high for them..

alot of people on the sea server falls for this kind of scam all the time. ive seen multiple post on fb page about it and sadly they are too dumb enough to keep falling for it and that includes you too. so yes i know -_- about it

#68 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

I live in canada but im asian. why do you think RO:EXE banned me? Because I'm canadian?

like I said, everything i will hear from you guys are negative towards RO:EXE. 

#69 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:17 PM

Sorry, but 1 thing I know for sure is that I wouldn't fall for any kind of crappy scams.
Specially those involving 650$.

#70 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:19 PM

it's actually funny that you are defending the server that banned you for going to live somewhere else :v

#71 devilzxtacy

devilzxtacy

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:20 PM

@Haiyang You mean the EXE that did nothing but add new costume RNG eggs constantly? The same EXE that released the Thanatos Sword costume update while they were still stuck at the maximum level of 150? The same EXE that does rollbacks from their own error and causing people who bought and opened said RNG eggs that got rare items and lost it from said rollback and the GMs didn't return the kafra points spent, or the items?(I know these people personally) The same EXE that just bleeds all the RNG egg cash shop idiots dry and refuses to do anything to the renewal server despite the renewal server being monthly subscription based? The same EXE that extends maintenances multiple times every week? That EXE? I played on there, and I can attest that they are the worst. Tons of people have left Asgard and joined Chaos from their incompetence. Warp Portal is by no means perfect, no one is, and atleast they are trying. Go ahead and try to justify EXE releasing all the OCP and costume boxes while still being at the max level of 150 since what? 7 years ago? That max level has been that way since like 7-8 years ago when EXE didn't even acquire the rights to run Asgard. Everyone thought that Asiasoft was terrible. It turns out EXE is even worse.

#72 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:21 PM

you're more aware of schemes like this one while I knew nothing about this age-old scam. the reason I fell for it. The guy said he will refund me and he didn't do it. I thought he was really official.

#73 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:23 PM

You just got scammed on Discord, but are here on iRO Official Forums.

What do you think anyone here can do ? Give you $650 because you're a victim ?

If you selected a payment method on WP site that had scammed you, we would be able to report and would be WP's fault, but you just lost your money trying to become a GM with no qualifications, with an ingame NPC that obligates you to know that you won't become a GM unless apply for the job in WP Building - California.

Edited by xSwain, 10 January 2020 - 03:26 PM.

#74 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:25 PM

you didn't fell for it because you are not familiar with this. you fell for it because of poor judgement skills, and lack of common sense.

#75 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:27 PM

You just got scammed on Discord, but are here on iRO Official Forums.

What do you think anyone here can do ? Give you $650 because you're a victim ?

If you selected a payment method on WP site that had scammed you, we would be able to report and would be WP's fault, but you just lost your money trying to become a GM with no qualifications, with an ingame NPC that obligates you to know that you won't become a GM unless apply for the job on California.

Since when you pay for job you qualify for  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users