RT: Homunculus - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

RT: Homunculus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Viinz

Viinz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:13 PM

I heard from some players that there is no airplane in Juno leading to Lighthalzen, so where is the NPC who give the Homunculus quest?

Thanks in advance.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:45 PM

Hello,

Start with Kellasus, he is inside Alchemist HQ in Aldebaran.

The related NPCs should already be relocated within the HQ.

#3 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:21 PM

While we talking about them they dont auto attack by themselves anymore you have to shift and right click for them to do anything right?

#4 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 January 2020 - 11:35 PM

Yes, homunculi will no longer use ai to seek targets as part of the homunculi update.

Before you ask, the same changes will probably happen on renewal as well

#5 MASTERZMEGA

MASTERZMEGA

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Server:Final Fantasy XIV

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:29 AM

Thats only for IRO version Most of the other server. have the Homunculus Update and it still auto attack and skill.

#6 Alashra

Alashra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:39 PM

I get that this system is meant to prevent "afchemisting" but I think there is probably a better way to handle the situation, such as homunculi battle AI engaging when the player attacks something.

#7 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:47 PM

It's actually meant to remove the need for afchemisting, not necessarily prevent it.
Included in the update is the change that allows homunculi to recieve 10% exp that the owner gets which can be infinitely faster than afchemisting, especially at higher levels or when the owner does mvp-ing.

But it's kRO that made the change and they don't exactly get perfect scores for understanding what's best for the community haha

Edited by ninJedi, 11 January 2020 - 07:11 PM.

#8 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:39 PM

"Homunculus Update" Shoulda been a update to make pokemon genetic legit buff the homun so much you can have a build centered around them and they do damage on par with player.There should some OCP gear which buff the homunculus somehow like when you use genetic cart boost buffs homun hp,damage,etc for the duration.

Edited by NihonHikikomoriK, 11 January 2020 - 09:42 PM.

#9 Armiah

Armiah

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:53 PM

Gotta chime in here.  I made an alchemist because I heard there were updates to homun and was pretty stoked.  After hitting alchemist and getting a homun I learned that the update is just no ai, yes auto feed, and they get exp from you.

This really feels like 1 step forward and 3 steps backward.  Great, the homun level up easier, but who cares if they're no help now?  The manual AI kind of works, but not really.  

Honestly I'm fine with no AFK leveling, I actually prefer it.  If we were able to adjust AI controls (or have a /noalt command) I think this would be a decent system.  That or if the homun could auto target mobs we're currently attacking to assist that would be fine too.  Right now it's a gamble.  If you have more than one monster on you and try to target it with homun, you might target the same one you're attacking half the time (if you're just that good).

"It's better cuz exp" is pretty terrible reasoning.  If there

Thanks!

#10 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:53 PM

There's another homunculus update where Homunculus S can deal almost around 150k dmg easily but it's bundled as part of one of the geneticist updates

Most of us are pretty unhappy with the loss of ai too you know ,_,
Now they feel more like puppets instead of articficial intelligent life forms.

kRO also recieved massive backlash from their own playerbase because of the no ai homunc update too... but the next updates they made after that are still bad (they changed homuncs to limited time spawn and requires an item to resummon)

#11 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:12 AM

There's another homunculus update where Homunculus S can deal almost around 150k dmg easily but it's bundled as part of one of the geneticist updates

Most of us are pretty unhappy with the loss of ai too you know ,_,
Now they feel more like puppets instead of articficial intelligent life forms.

kRO also recieved massive backlash from their own playerbase because of the no ai homunc update too... but the next updates they made after that are still bad (they changed homuncs to limited time spawn and requires an item to resummon)

So they become like a spirit summon lol..

#12 Delsavior

Delsavior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:15 PM

All I want.. is to have my homunculous attack when I start attacking... or at very least defend itself when something hits it, I can activate the skills myself.. I can tell it to solo if I want.
Seriously right now, I just have it to attempt to drag over another monster while im killing one.

Maybe Amistr just sucks, but gawd his hit rates (or mine atleast) is so bad that im lucky if he hits something before ive killed what im fighting xD....

#13 RunOenomaus

RunOenomaus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:35 AM

and here I was trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the configuration. It's fun seeing him jump in levels when I kill high level mobs, but the fact that he's no help at all unless I command him to, is pretty underwhelming. 

#14 Shadypenguin21

Shadypenguin21

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:28 PM

where does one get Geek Glasses or Grampa Beard? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users