The unofficial RT discord is a scam - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The unofficial RT discord is a scam

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#51 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:51 PM

If you have those proof, you could ask those site that offer those item to and show your proof that the item you purchased was a fraud, and the person who redeem it is the frauster. You could some what have a case but... from what I understand, Steam will do $hit about anything like this. Usually your bank could refund you, your money back if you file a fraud claim and they will charge back on PayPal, paypal will be forced to charge back on the person who use it. usually the person who use the code get ban by warp portal as they are at the receiving end..

I called them already and there is nothing I can do. Also, to file a complaint, you need sufficient proof in which I don't have (like I said, he kicked me out of discord). They can check who used those codes, definitely it's not me. last thing I can do is call steam and that's what I will do right now. This case will unlikely get resolved and I just have to call this a loss and take it as an expensive lesson. 

The person here is correct, this has more to do with discord than this game. I'm giving up, I'm taking this as an expensive lesson.

Don't you people tell me i didn't get scammed because I did.

#52 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:56 PM

You need to quit man that's so man like man sad man it's the only way you have to do it man
I'll see you around man

#53 Haiyang

Haiyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:58 PM

you wont see me around man, I quit. After what happened to me, it's so hard not to quit. I feel really bad after what happened. 

#54 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:16 PM

Sigh >.<

All right, going to quote my post one more time;

All right folks, this calls for end of topic.

Haiyang I am sorry that you had to experience this. This is actually a scam, it can evolve or change a little bit, but always remember, Warpportal staff, including RO1 staff, GM staff and forums moderators WILL NOT in any mean or form contact a user in-game to be GMs or ask them to visit discord or other job hire links.

I'd ask that you read our pins in regarding Item Scams, I will link it below.

As for the scam itself, if you write in to the GM staff providing the screenshots and describing what happens, then they might be able to help you out.

Lastly, I'd ask that you stick around and give the game another chance.

Remember to completely reinstall your game, the scammer may have embeded malicious files in the ones sent to you so be wary.

Item Scams and You:

https://forums.warpp...-scams-and-you/

Warpportal Support:

https://support.warpportal.com/Main/

That's said, I will no longer tolerate recreating the topic of the same, nor posts spamming. If the user has an issue with the GM ticket handling then, please contact the following staff on forums with your ticket numbers:

Krexus
Xanubis

If they yet to respond to your PMs then inform me through the forums messenger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users