6 days left before the ACTUAL reopening of Renewal servers - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

6 days left before the ACTUAL reopening of Renewal servers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#51 AngelCloud

AngelCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Asia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:39 PM

I have a feeling that the re-opening of renewal servers is going to be extended.

#52 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:29 PM

Re-opening getting delayed would be bad, but understandable IF they can present an acceptable reason or bring in the right updates.

But re-opening getting cancelled would be a whole other story haha

Edited by ninJedi, 23 January 2020 - 07:31 PM.

#53 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:47 PM

Wonder where the staffs been into since hiatus lol. Seems they’re nowhere to be found.

#54 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:04 PM

Wonder where the staffs been into since hiatus lol. Seems they’re nowhere to be found.

Im pretty sure campitor mentioned some sakray server for ROT with fever fields and etc on them we will prob get the sakray server for chaos server at that time too.

#55 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:22 PM

Fixed for you to be more realistic!  :rice:

Nah, I typed it right but should have emphasize the word "supposedly". :heh:

I have a feeling that the re-opening of renewal servers is going to be extended.

Why do I have now a feeling about this too? :wah:

Re-opening getting delayed would be bad, but understandable IF they can present an acceptable reason or bring in the right updates.

But re-opening getting cancelled would be a whole other story haha

If they give us AB, SC, and Taekwon 3rd job, I understand the delay. But if they're not included, acceptable or not, this is my reaction... 

Spoiler

#56 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:15 PM

I'm guessing it will be on time, but with literally zero new content, it will be the exact same thing with the UI improvements that came with RO:T. So don't get your hopes up for any actual content at all.

#57 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:18 AM

do you think 2 months was enough to remove all the dupes and do a proper investigation and set the precedent for future issues like this?
Or they was busy with their new project only?

#58 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:33 AM

warpporatal is in news blackout no update or anything thinking like there something wrong going on

#59 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:47 AM

There will be notes posted up once ready, let's be patient :)

#60 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:36 AM

I'm actually new. Was planning to play chaos but i arrived at the time where they just put chaos on hiatus, so i'm playing RO T right now. I wonder if i should play in chaos server when they re open it?

#61 Monster501

Monster501

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:12 AM

I'm actually new. Was planning to play chaos but i arrived at the time where they just put chaos on hiatus, so i'm playing RO T right now. I wonder if i should play in chaos server when they re open it?

Well, in one hand Chaos always was a stable server with a good on-line and ROT is a "black horse", no1 know so far how this project will feel in the future. In other hand - at Chaos a lot of old players with very strong equipment in time ROT just recently launched. My vote of course for Chaos  :rice:

And about hiatus....i belive this long period of silence is a mistake. I hope all this stuff wouldnt hurt on-line of the server. 

And what will be with the playragnarok.com domain? Now it is completely about ROT, this will reduce the income of a new players at renewal servers :wah: Is there any plans to change the sitatuion once Chaos and Thor are back on the track?

#62 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:35 AM

And what will be with the playragnarok.com domain? Now it is completely about ROT,

Tbh, this seems like a logical choice for now.
There's no need to advertise a service that's temporarily offline, so the better action to take would be to use the site to temporarily service the other game instead.

Although, the lack of official info about iRO Renewal server status on the current playragnarok.com site itself is apalling.

A simple "iRO Renewal will be come back online on ...etc." on a notice at the side would've already been enough just for the sake of courtesy

Edited by ninJedi, 24 January 2020 - 11:38 AM.

#63 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:11 PM

There will be notes posted up once ready, let's be patient :)

But can this "countdown" stay a little while? :heh:

If you are in an Asian country or just wanted WoE, play Thor.

Tbh, this seems like a logical choice for now.
There's no need to advertise a service that's temporarily offline, so the better action to take would be to use the site to temporarily service the other game instead.

Although, the lack of official info about iRO Renewal server status on the current playragnarok.com site itself is apalling.

A simple "iRO Renewal will be come back online on ...etc." on a notice at the side would've already been enough just for the sake of courtesy

If only they put that message to make the returnees not confused if the servers are up.

EDIT: Added countdown timer...

Edited by Jeneeus, 25 January 2020 - 05:14 AM.

#64 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:53 AM

If you are in an Asian country or just wanted WoE, play Thor.

Not interested in WoE. Well, i have a thought if i start on Chaos/Thor, i might get disadvantage in grinding early zeny as a newbie since i need to keep up with their server's inflating economy unlike ROT where items and equipments are limited to early RO episode. I have been grinding much now in ROT atm.. so when renewal servers are open, i gotta start all over again from 0 =/

So shall i wait for renewal servers to be reopened?

Or.. continue what i have started in ROT?

Edited by EdwardEG, 25 January 2020 - 05:58 AM.

#65 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:10 AM

Not interested in WoE. Well, i have a thought if i start on Chaos/Thor, i might get disadvantage in grinding early zeny as a newbie since i need to keep up with their server's inflating economy unlike ROT where items and equipments are limited to early RO episode. I have been grinding much now in ROT atm.. so when renewal servers are open, i gotta start all over again from 0 =/

I know people who starts a few months ago and are billionary, so, inflation is not an excuse, tbh it plays as advantage. On chaos is really easy to make zeny, even faster than a fresh new server, due to the accesibility to get good stuffs at lower prices, and sell the really good ones at higher. make your 1st million may sounds hard, but I can help you if ya come to Chaos, you need to focus on leveling first.

The last choice its yours, every server have its attractive, Its too soon to know what will happen with ROT, but one thing its sure, some chaos players are on ROT, but once chaos come back, we will be dragged to chaos again, im talkyng by me and some guild friends

Edited by S207, 25 January 2020 - 06:18 AM.

#66 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:44 PM

I'm ready to shift if they are giving incentives upon reopening such as increase in exp+drop rates or perhaps a newbie package (or i'm just hoping too much).

#67 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:58 PM

I'm ready to shift if they are giving incentives upon reopening such as increase in exp+drop rates or perhaps a newbie package (or i'm just hoping too much).

There is always some exp events you can definitely exp one when they reopen. 

#68 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:21 PM

It depends on you. If you want a semi-Classic feeling, stay at RoT. If you want to do many quests and storyline, go with Renewal servers. As for which renewal server, just choose what you see fit.

There is always some exp events you can definitely exp one when they reopen. 

I doubt about the "newbie package" but I hope they "extend" their EXP event from before closure (200% EXP rate that time), and also that reward from an event quest before closure.

#69 Gxbby

Gxbby

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:10 PM

I didn't play through most of 2019, so of course I'd start missing the game right when it's offline...  :sob:

#70 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:04 PM

I say play chaos for a bit. If it doesn't revive in a decent amount of time, I say bail out.

The economy is absolute garbage. GL making a decent amount of money with out dumping real money to sell the latest and greatest OCP items. Seeing as no one buys anything. Or, have horse shoes up your rectum and get a card from contested MvPs. Moreover, some MvP cards aren't even worth all that much.

The rate new content is released is abysmal.

The WoE scene is filled with cheaters galore.

There is more as well. They need to fix these issues and more. However, I have my doubts.

#71 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:27 PM

Only be looking at the random ROT screen shoot already make me laugh so hard, I laugh until my stomach hurt, really hurt make me want to go to toilet.

Camp what the bloody hell is this?, April fool in Halloween?..... what?, its literally a same thing... its a same game, please explain how and what are you thinking?, and why this kind of failure like this can even exist?, its a same game bro!, its like adding mods in minecraft so you can farm a weed and smoking marijuana in minecraft.

Im really sorry, but this is really cheap and really stupid, I understand you try to earn money, but this is just really low, I expecting ROT is a different game (like Teken3 in PS1 and Tekken5 in PS2) get it?, better graphic and better gameplay, I was wrong is exactly a same thing.

................... U HURTING MY BRAIN!, I face paling my face so hard right now.

#72 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:04 PM

RO:Transcendence imo is just really really early in development. It feels like it was supposed to be released at a later date, but they rushed it to match the downtime of iRO Renewal, and the state the game is currently in kind of says so.

Also, as much as you guys wanna pin the blame on camp and other devs, keep in mind that the people that add content/fixes or actually work on the game itself aren't always the same people that set the deadlines or production timeline.

Edited by ninJedi, 26 January 2020 - 09:05 PM.

#73 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:16 PM

If you're insinuating I'm blaming a certain team or individual alone, you're sadly mistaken.

iRO has no devs. iRO can not develop anything. They can tweak things here and there and that's about it.

WP has always been slow, lacked transparency, and lacks involvement in the issues that plague chaos.

kRO just simply doesn't give a -_-.

#74 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:31 PM

kRO just simply doesn't give a -_-.

This is sadly the main problem that has always plagued iRO.

#75 Gxbby

Gxbby

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:07 AM

(Disclaimer: I've never played for very long, so I'm a bit of an eternal noob in some ways.)

I'm curious about what's being said in this topic. Isn't one of the main complaints about iRO the way its company chooses to make profit? This is the only online game I've played on and off since I was a child, and I feel like each time I come back it's become harder and harder to play with other people unless you're willing to pay a lot of money for it. Is this directly related to kRO too? I mean, do they have to follow orders from Korea, or is this just the strategy chosen by this specific company? 

I seem to remember that ages ago you could very well play without paying real money for anything, it would just take you much longer to achieve certain milestones. But now there are so many items you could never drop while playing, even if you do it a lot and well. I know for a fact that an AB without Clergy Nurse Cap and a Geneticist without Cylinder will often get bullied out of parties while leveling (I've witnessed this on more than one occasion). You *could* farm, make money and buy those items without real cash, but everything is so expensive that this has also become nearly impossible.

I don't know anything about kRO and jRO. What are the main differences over there that have allowed those companies to keep so many players over the years? And, if you could choose, which of those would you want to see implemented to iRO soon? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users