Production Notes: Renewal Server Reopening, First RT Update, and Future Studio Update - Page 5 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Production Notes: Renewal Server Reopening, First RT Update, and Future Studio Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
221 replies to this topic

#101 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1098 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:11 AM

Vending taxes is just another form of zeny sink and a really good one. Now on kRO, they start charging taxes at the 10m threshold, items below this price, will be exempt of taxation. 

Now of course, it will not be worth it selling expensive items using Vending and it will be a hassle go into Eden and create a chat as an alternative for this but, there's a better alternative to promote your items and even gives you the possibility to do more things with it and it's, implementing the megaphone. This is what people do in kRO when they want to sell something  expensive and is also commonly used to promote parties and such. This item could even solve the issue that we have on Eden right now, people all clumped up in the lobby, since this is the only place to really communicate to other players. Using Eden is not a bad place to socialize with people but, it will feel more liberated if there could be other options to communicate as well. Cities will feel more organic and alive since players will not have the need to be always on Eden to search for parties or to buy items.

The megaphone is a daily reward on kRO. I don't know if it can be obtainable via cash shop or zeny but, all of this options are good ways to have it available, cash for profit, zeny for zeny sink and daily reward to entice people to play the game. This also can be implemented as a VIP feature like the daily Token of Siegfried.

I would log in Thor again during WoE just to read the megaphone broadcasts. :heh:

#102 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:40 AM

I would log in Thor again during WoE just to read the megaphone broadcasts. :heh:

we would need a Tagalog filter for words if that happens.

#103 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:00 AM

we would need a Tagalog filter for words if that happens.

This is also implemented on kRO and sometimes is kinda funny when you trying to write something like assassin, it appears as a**a**in.

#104 Einzbern01

Einzbern01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:40 AM

Just ran into some Russian RO channel on twitch and found the streamer having fun in battleground with the char at 80%ish exp 175/60......

Is there a legit Russian server? if so, the fact that WP can not give a tiny bit of outlook this year for a possible 185 update really saddens me.

btw can anyone pls toss me a link for nightmare OGH boots and enchants? Only some Spanish tutorial pops up when I google it.

#105 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:53 AM

3X5nqY6.pngnfGqzCP.pngFuture Studio Update (To Be Determined)

This is for both Transcendence and Renewal. At the beginning of April, we are scheduled to receive the following updates to implement on both Transcendence Sakray and Renewal Sakray:

• First / Second Class Skill Rebalance
  • Ninja Skill Rebalance
  • Bolt Skill Rebalance

What exactly are these 3 changes? Anyone?

#106 Arkdash

Arkdash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:12 PM

Really 2 months for this ?  :v 

48996042_264275830909878_579542966434424

#107 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:22 PM

The megaphone is a daily reward on kRO. I don't know if it can be obtainable via cash shop or zeny but, all of this options are good ways to have it available, cash for profit, zeny for zeny sink and daily reward to entice people to play the game. This also can be implemented as a VIP feature like the daily Token of Siegfried.

Nope, that aint gonna happen. That's kRO or whatsoever that I've never played. However having megaphine accessible to anyone in iRO is beyond wrong. iRO has its own cultures of random wild wests. Megaphone gonna be used for trash talking or/and some weirdos trying to be Japanese yamete kudasai ~ <3  :heh:

Tax system is actually very good, better if it's a progressive tax system. Higher price, higher tax. People wont like it but they're never happy either way  :heh:

Edited by nyyaan, 30 January 2020 - 04:24 PM.

#108 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:32 PM

paramarket should be in since there no more illegal farmer in server to maintain cheap supplies. so it gonna be a expensive woe now..

wonder if reno slims & supplies can keep up the server need? 

#109 worldeditor95

worldeditor95

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:52 PM

Nope, that aint gonna happen. That's kRO or whatsoever that I've never played. However having megaphine accessible to anyone in iRO is beyond wrong. iRO has its own cultures of random wild wests. Megaphone gonna be used for trash talking or/and some weirdos trying to be Japanese yamete kudasai ~ <3  :heh:

Tax system is actually very good, better if it's a progressive tax system. Higher price, higher tax. People wont like it but they're never happy either way  :heh:

How about making the megaphone buyable with zeny from NPC maybe like 1m and the megaphone only can be used with 12hour cool down. would be a great addition zeny sink system

Edited by worldeditor95, 30 January 2020 - 05:53 PM.

#110 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:02 PM

What exactly are these 3 changes? Anyone?

1st and 2nd class skil rebalance

https://www.divine-p...classes-skills/

Ninja skill rebalance

https://www.youtube....h?v=nrbtZ2-638s

Bolt Skill rebalance not sure but most likely this

https://www.divine-p...ts#comment-6676

#111 AngelCloud

AngelCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Asia

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:04 PM

Anyways Gravity Interactive, hoping that future updates will be better.  :no1: 

#112 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:30 PM

Filter exists and even if the player starts getting out of hand with his/her messages, it will be really easy to report/moderate his/her behavior since every single person can see the broadcast and could report the individual. 

Broadcasting is a way of having a global trade/social/recruiting chat like other games have already implemented. This is an issue that iRO has currently, there's no an  easy reliable way to social interact with other people, you either need to go to Eden, or play with your guild mates or friends

How about making the megaphone buyable with zeny from NPC maybe like 1m and the megaphone only can be used with 12hour cool down. would be a great addition zeny sink system

Something like this can be a start up, the limitation will prevent people to abuse the megaphones and it could be the baby steps of other options to promote this item(cash, VIP, daily rewards) and also will contribute with the zeny sink.

Also, on KRO they have a feature where you can link any item to the chat(Whisper,guild,party,broadcast,etc) and people can click on this link and see the whole description of the item, refinement, cards equipped, enchants, etc. So normally, people on their broadcast would post the item link of what they are selling and everyone can see the item as a whole.

Edited by Valtios, 30 January 2020 - 09:10 PM.

#113 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:01 PM

Also, on KRO they have a feature where you can link any item to the chat(Whisper,guild,party,broadcast,etc) and people can click on this link and see the whole description of the item, refinement, cards equipped, enchants, etc. So normally, people on their broadcast would post the item link of what they are selling and everyone can see the item as a whole.

iRO already has this feature a long time, though. But I just learned this last October. :heh:

#114 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:30 PM

Shift + Click on items already there for years

#115 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:10 PM

iRO already has this feature a long time, though. But I just learned this last October. :heh:

Shift + Click on items already there for years

Little did I know, I have never seen this being used at all at in all this years that I have been playing on the server.This is great, so we just need to have available the ability to broadcast, this would easily replace the troublesome habit of sitting on Eden with a chat saying S> My View.

Edited by Valtios, 30 January 2020 - 11:23 PM.

#116 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:35 PM

Would it be too late to request for at least all the Illusion Dungeons to be up in the game?

Can we expect more updates in April or May, push some 3rd class improvements at least.

Additionally, jRO character as alternate sprite into the game, please.

#117 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:42 PM

Little did I know, I have never seen this being used at all at in all this years that I have been playing on the server.This is great, so we just need to have available the ability to broadcast, this would easily replace the troublesome habit of sitting on Eden with a chat saying S> My View.

I also didn't know about that before until someone told me how to do it last October. :heh:

Would it be too late to request for at least all the Illusion Dungeons to be up in the game?

Can we expect more updates in April or May, push some 3rd class improvements at least.

Yeah, me too. I'm already bugging them to put at least AB and SC since those are supposed to be first before homun update.

But I doubt that it's possible to place all Illusion Dungeons at the same time. I prefer to add Abyss and Teddy first, then 185 update, then the rest of the Illusion dungeons to proceed to the next episode (17.1).

#118 AngelCloud

AngelCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:56 PM

With the servers opening in 4 days time, what do you think?

Have to also keep in mind that Gravity Interactive doesnt work on weekends.  :heh:

#119 AngelCloud

AngelCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:09 AM

Do we need to re-download the renewal client?

I hope not.

-_- 

#120 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:14 AM

Do we need to re-download the renewal client?

I hope not.

-_-

Yes, there will be a new client. It will be announced once we are closer to reopen date.

#121 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 01:07 AM

With the servers opening in 4 days time, what do you think?
Have to also keep in mind that Gravity Interactive doesnt work on weekends. :heh:

Scheduling the following week maybe? :heh:

#122 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 31 January 2020 - 03:31 AM

Yes, there will be a new client. It will be announced once we are closer to reopen date.

It's a must to have available link to download for the slow internet users. Some may take DAYS to complete for them.

RIP slow and limited internet users. :heh:

#123 MASTERZMEGA

MASTERZMEGA

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Server:Final Fantasy XIV

Posted 31 January 2020 - 03:47 AM

It's a must to have available link to download for the slow internet users. Some may take DAYS to complete for them.

RIP slow and limited internet users. :heh:

True Most Have Snail Internet Where They Are From. :P

#124 Batima

Batima

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:46 AM

At new client, will be allowed to do sprite edits? (big card only)

#125 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:51 AM

At new client, will be allowed to do sprite edits? (big card only)

Rules still apply as posted by the staff here.

If you can still do or not do sprite edits with EAC, that's another thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users