iRO need to learn from the kro/jro sucess and big hits - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

iRO need to learn from the kro/jro sucess and big hits

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 stormboyx

stormboyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Quit

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:35 PM

Hello warportal team, and also players who are going to view this post. Well today I come to use the topic suggestions for the first time. Because I'm really tired of how some things are wrong here and I really wish I could help and collaborate. Well my name is Marcos and I've been playing ragnarok since 2004. I started at bRO but played more at iRO chaos.

One of the things I always liked to play at warpportal is that it used to be more interesting than the game managed by level up in bRO. However, over time, I felt a certain lazzy on the part of the administration and the game was not only outdated in its updates, but also completely under-publicized and also lazy content in its social media.  Before I start to tell my suggestions, I want to make it clear that I am not here to attack the team and I do not know how the team is formed and how things are done around here, so sorry if ask those things are too much.

Starting with your website. If you take any website that have a functioning ragnarok server, official or a private server, you will see how iRO is completely decaying in relation to those sites. The site needs to be more alive bright and it is not because the game is from 2002 that the site needs to look old. Take a look on websites of kRO and Jro are very informative, upgrade that makes anyone want to play the game. Well i wish hah!

TgQXkXG.png

Update dissemination needs to be further elaborated. Especially in relation to customs and future items. Putting a brief information following their spirtes on the forum without much info its not a good ideia, make a impression the post bland, does not make the player's life easier and also makes the player lose interest in buying the box. Here a example:

Lteg48a.png

Looks great right? And you guys can use it on twitter, on facebook, instagram and on youtube, since you can use this images and talk about the news, its so easy. And take less than 1 hour to make a image like this.

Events 
XQufyMk.png

This is undoubtedly something that I find completely horrible here. I need to say, I don't want to offend again, no one here. But these stream events, with hide and seek, and monster invasion are boring and not everbody can participate.

There are hundreds of ideas suggested by players or even by other servers that make some events incredibly memorable. (Theres a topic here with translantions from kro e jro, to be honest i love that place here, because you can ho magic ragnarok can be there, but algo can be here)

Example - Drop of an item that before a certain monster did not drop for a week (example: obb) (maybe a 1% or 2% more easy?)

Events that encourage up and farm on abandoned maps (xp and drop increase and even the drop of some card or an item that this monsters did not drop, exclusively during the event)

Mvp events (I'm not talking about bossnia) Invasion, quest or even that mvp appears more often during the week on random maps.

Script events that are usually from quests, where you get a hat / costume but also farm this itens with party or i dont know maps that people dont go offen.

Anyway, there are hundreds of possibilities. And these events need to be more publicized on the website, on social networks and need to have a slightly better dissemination design. I made this post because I wish the best for the server, especially the transcedence but this also needs to come from the team that is not only focused on updating the server.

English its not my first language, but im here to tell you guys that iro can be great. I know you guys are in trouble with chaos and transcedence right now, but think about this and i sure that game will incress population and make the history. Thank you and have a good day! And you player that read all this, you can come here and troll, and say thats stupid, but belive me its not, now we are on mobile era, mobile games use to be more easy, and have alot to do, im not asking for iro be easy as hell. But make it more fun than just level up and buy boxes be on chaos or transcedent. Well thats it!

Edited by stormboyx, 31 January 2020 - 12:38 PM.

#2 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:46 PM

I wish that this post had had a lot of replies, because this is exactly how I feel about the official west (ocidental?) publishers of the game... Well, maybe it's because they are publishers and not developers, but warp portal is also Gravity, so IDK...

I've been playing RO since 2005 and I really like when I'm playing in an official server for some time (my longest continuous period playing officially were 6 months long), until I sadly realize that:

1) In many cases, the staff doesn't even know how to play the game. It was remarkable when watching some Kafra News from bRO or even whith some replies from tickets here.

2) They transformed a good game in a lottery by implementing OCPs (or promotional tickets in bRO) with broken items.

3) BOTs were neglected for a long time, because not even Gravity could fight them... Also, kRO was somehow ignored by the BOT developers, so they didn't give a FORK

I've played on many private servers... Some of them were bad, but others simply exceed in every way... Their staffs are ex players and have a deep knowledge about the game... They do balances and make direct actions to avoid inflation... They don't have BOTs...

I'm just playing at Transcendence until it get flooded by BOTs (just like Re:start) and I quit iRO for years again..

#3 ratinhow

ratinhow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationBrazil, Rio de Janeiro

Posted 03 February 2020 - 04:28 AM

Great post

#4 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 04:45 AM

not gonna happen

#5 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:46 AM

It's like you just ignored the past 10 years... If iRO taught me anything, is that you're not important as a customer, so top giving them money if you want real changes.

But this won't happen bc the whales will keep the p2w alive, so just lay back and enjoy iRO while it lasts.

#6 nguxdarkangel82x

nguxdarkangel82x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:08 AM

great post this needs a lot of attention, ive  played this game for 10+ years and have put a lot of time into iro and have put some money in at times just to get that little extra boost but with how the game has developed to now im done with it, its a complete joke and waste i loved playing this game and maybe in a few years i may come back just to see how things have changed again but if the sytem isnt any better then what offered now as far as characters exp gains/build/ homun ai system/bots etc iro has become a joke sorry ill miss this game greatly

#7 worldeditor95

worldeditor95

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:00 PM

great writing, +1

Dont let this post die

#8 Pulut

Pulut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:42 AM

+1

WP need seriously about marketing.
a lot ppl want this server success and them really care bout this.

Hopefully WP will hear this

#9 AngelCloud

AngelCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Asia

Posted 04 April 2020 - 08:18 AM

Recently got back to iRO Renewal, hope there will be more players in the game.

Renewal is dying, and it needs more people and advertisement.

#10 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:23 AM

Been volunteering for costume previews. Not done yet but...

https://forums.warpp...e-previews-wip/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users