[RT] The beggining of the end. (ENG/PTBR) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

[RT] The beggining of the end. (ENG/PTBR)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#1 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:44 AM

ENG:

Yes, its the beggining of the end. There are tons of bots at Sea Otters. Check the replay on the following .rrf file.

I though EAC would prevent those kind of things.

There are a lot of measures that bots can be prevented on the game.

- Machine Learning

- Temporary IP Block

- Reports that shows players suspicious transactions via database

and many more options that you could appeal.

Some guild members of my clan are already leaving the game and selling all their zenys, equipments and characters for real money, saying that they will not lose more time on the server and, honestly, i am almost doing the same. I put some money on the game, had a really good time this past month but maybe its time to stop, if nothing will be done anyways.

For the ones that doesnt know how to replay: download the file. Put at replay folder inside RT game folder. Open launcher, click REPLAY button (next to Play) and open the file.

PTBR:

É isso, este é o início do fim. O servidor ja está infestado de BOTS. Podem conferir um deles que foi gravado poucos minutos atrás la nas Lontras.

Eu achava que o EAC iria prevenir (ou pelo menos dificultar muito mais) os bots do jogo.

Existem muitas medidas que podem ser adotadas para prevenir bots, são elas:

- Machine Learning

- BLoqueio de ip temporário para ips com mais de 3 contas conectadas no mesmo ip (havendo uma investigação)

- Alguns relatórios diários mostrando transações suspeitas entre jogadores (como trade de zeny e tal)

...e muitas outras formas 

Alguns conhecidos meus, até mesmo do clã, já estou vendendo zeny e a conta em sí por dinheiro de verdade e saindo fora do server... E eu já estou pensando em fazer o mesmo. Eu coloquei um pouco de dinheiro no jogo e não me arrependo, tive bons momentos de diversão até o momento, mas talvez já seja a hora de parar... Já que nada está sendo feito, aparentemente.

Espalhem este link para todos seus amigos, antes que os moderadores deletem o link e tranquem o tópico.

para quem não sabe ver o replay: Baixe o arquivo, coloque na pasta replay do jogo, abra o launcher, clique no botão replay, perto do botão PLAY e abra o arquivo.

[Removed]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 04 February 2020 - 09:13 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed link.

#2 raoniddo

raoniddo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:50 AM

I hope the CMs can give us a serious and open position about what is happening. The shadows of a Re-Start 2.0 are monstruous and demotivating at some point. Real time is invested and we can desire no less than a fair play between all players.

This is extremely importante to be adressed and spoken since we are coming closer and closer to WoE launch. Please, be serious about this. You are dealing with passionate players who suffered enough with previous Rag servers negligence.

#3 2254150806115526583

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:54 AM

Eu já vi bots até mesmo no campo de trinamento farmando garrafa vazia, nas cremmy, nos sporos, nos bigfoot, e ate mesmo em mapas 60+, como nas lontras e nos baphomet Jr.

#4 Heliwr

Heliwr

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:03 AM

We cannot ignore the existence of bots on RO:Transcendence! It's a fact! The staff needs to take action immediately!

#5 Windave

Windave

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:08 AM

Something have to be done here.

But anyway if you are doing RMT you might as well leave :P

#6 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:18 AM

Just saying: erasing links and removing public youtube videos... PUBLIC YOUTUBE VIDEOS is proof that you have no solution for bots, because you want to hide the truth.... Think about it 

#7 TheB3CK3R

TheB3CK3R

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:34 AM

All we ask is for the staff to take a position on this, what has been done what will be done etc etc
I mean dont be rude guys

#8 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:38 AM

Re-quoting my post since this is starting to be a recurring report or users missed the memo.

I would like to stress that posting a topic in this manner, even that I know you are simply reporting the issue, is hurting more than helping. Also please do not repost what has been removed by a moderator ;) Forums rules forbid calling out users, even them being bots.

By openly reporting the suspected users on forums, you are allowing them take extra precautions when GM check up them.

So again,

To handle this appropriately;

For bot reports we ask the user to ticket in with the following detail:

• Name of suspected user.
  • Profile such as their class and what they were wearing if getting the name was difficult.
  • Map, type /where to get the exact location.
  • Time, of when you saw the activity.
  • Brief description of the issue, for example, things you noticed that appear to be of bot behavior.

That's said,
It is not advised to create a heads up topic in this manner as it renders GM staff investigation impotent.
In addition to that, call out topics are not permitted on the forums.

Warpportal Support:
https://support.warp...frmTickets.aspx

#9 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:43 AM

WP better act fast or it'll be too late.

Edited by Lilp, 04 February 2020 - 09:43 AM.

#10 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:45 AM

Re-quoting my post since this is starting to be a recurring report or users missed the memo.

I would like to stress that posting a topic in this manner, even that I know you are simply reporting the issue, is hurting more than helping. Also please do not repost what has been removed by a moderator ;) Forums rules forbid calling out users, even them being bots.

By openly reporting the suspected users on forums, you are allowing them take extra precautions when GM check up them.

So again,

I am sorry to say, Cinnamon, but we are dealing with real professional programmers. They dont care if there are 1 or 1000 topics on the forums. This topic is to show the community where they are playing, and not to expose some random bot. 

I already opened a ticket reporting the bot, but in here the subject is another one.

Also, if some post is removed by a moderator (as you said above), how would i know that it has being posted before me? 

As I said before, we are dealing with professional programmers, with blood in the eyes to make money. They are selling tons of bots, earning money on YOUR server, from people that could be DONATING to you.

Again, this is a community and if i break any rules forgive me, but let people express their thoughts because, if you start to suppress everyone, it will be bad for the server. No server will live only with bots online, think about it.

Thank you!

#11 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:51 AM

I really understand, my hands are tied when it comes to the forums rulings.

But for this concern, I just spoke with the head of the GM team in regarding this report and the one posted in the other thread.

They are taking this seriously and are looking to take action.

I have provided them with the video, and name of problematic maps.

If you know any other map that require their immediate attention to post here, I will forward it to them as soon as I am able.

#12 GotWhiskey

GotWhiskey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Bonechewer

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:53 AM

There's actually too much bots going around and no matter how much we help the game by reporting them, they always find a way to come back and hence, it can be tiring to report them. Hopefully, there's a better way of eliminating the bots. 

#13 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:04 AM

There are many, all better than EAC, even something as simple as putting a single person to hunt them would be miles better but we're talking about WP here so...

#14 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:16 AM

I really understand, my hands are tied when it comes to the forums rulings.

But for this concern, I just spoke with the head of the GM team in regarding this report and the one posted in the other thread.

They are taking this seriously and are looking to take action.

I have provided them with the video, and name of problematic maps.

If you know any other map that require their immediate attention to post here, I will forward it to them as soon as I am able.

All maps that is money farm, currently Sea Otter

All maps that drops alchemist loots for breweing potions. Mandragora, Poison Spore, Yggdrasil Tree, Verit, Muka, Martins... Even Bathory.

All byalan island maps.

Skeleton Soldier maps.

Mummy Maps.

Spore Maps.

Bigfoot Maps.

Edited by rdoc3, 04 February 2020 - 10:17 AM.

#15 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:33 AM

Thank you,

I will get the gat names and send them to the GM staff :)

#16 Hurancank

Hurancank

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:33 AM

I shame my comunity. When we are not creating memes, we are acting like memes. Can you start to report people and not overload the forum with posts like this?

If WP dont ban bots, the server will just die as Restart did, as people will quit nonstop, in that case they will stop earning money. Just report and let them do their job.

#17 9804131128173020287

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:56 AM

Just ran into a bot while killing orcs on the side map of village. Report sent in, hopefully something is done.

Edited by 9804131128173020287, 04 February 2020 - 10:59 AM.

#18 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:02 AM

The video is good evidence and all.

But unfortunately, these kinds of posts can be misinterpreted by the community as a greenlight to start going around "attacking" (the personal/offensive verbal abuse kind) random people in-game as a means to call them out.
This could plunge the community into deeper levels of toxicity much worse than what the inter-language issue already stirred up.
And a toxic community has a far lesser chance of survival than one that's just filled with a couple bots.

Also worth mentioning that aside from bots, other legitimate non-bot players make appearances in the video. Even though they may just be walking by and not directly involved, the fact that they got associated means they may also end up being targetted, possibly creating additional collateral damage.

Edited by ninJedi, 04 February 2020 - 11:12 AM.

#19 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:05 AM

Just ran into a bot while killing orcs on the side map of village. Report sent in, hopefully something is done.

Just to be sure, this is the regular orcs village or High Orcs to the west?

#20 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:20 AM

Let's all just take a deep breath and don't panic... EAC can be bypassed, but the said professional programmers are charging for it... I saw one of them asking for 90 USD to do that on the Brazilian forum.

I've just seen bots at the sea-otters map until now... I was at moc_pryd05 yesterday during all day and all the players that I suspected were actually real players (we chatted for a while).

This kind of post won't help the staff, what will help will be reports, so let's all keep that in mind. I'm usually pessimist about this kind of problem, but I honestly believe that they are trying to make Transcedence a sucessful Re:Start.

#21 XianHuo

XianHuo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:30 PM

Just to be sure, this is the regular orcs village or High Orcs to the west?

Reality is that it matters very little if we specify the maps where this is happening here if the issue keeps growing, as it looks like it is, this will very soon become an all maps issue. If the GM team starts focusing one map, they will just move on to another one.

Why not take broader actions such as monitoring players that have been online for too many hours? Or players that have been killing the same mob for many days? This won't be a 100% action, but it can easily drive most of the farming bots away, which causes the most harm.

I work on a web service with petabytes of data and we can very easily write a data mining script that go through 30 days of logs and generate a report to give us a top 100 list of any data aspect we want. I would imagine a Ragnarok server with 3000 players online would generate much less logs than this which could very easily be mined to generate a report of the players that have had suspicious behaviors on the past 30 days (e.g. the player spent 99% of its time online on the same map, or the player distribution of mobs killed has 90% Sea Otters). It doesn't require Machine Learning to detect most if not all of the bot farms.

This should be easily done by any programmer with access to logs. They would just go a generate a report with a list of "suspicious" bots that should be checked by the GM team.

Relying on the community to report these has proven not to work, and in the end people will just get tired of it and start ignoring as it has happened in the past.

Edited by XianHuo, 04 February 2020 - 12:31 PM.

#22 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:18 PM

Make game P2P and actively ban botters. Though been playing iRO for years and I think that most players probably dont want to pay money much. Not sure if it's a reason why Warpportal still keeps iRO F2P full of bots.

#23 Fourbid

Fourbid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Server:RT: Chaos

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:52 PM

There are times when you feel like you're the only player existing in the map and you feel like everyone around you are AIs. But when you try to scrutinize the situation they are real players.

I myself have been falsely accused of botting because of the rubber band effect which makes my character go back and forth and my hours of grinding in a certain map.

You can easily spot real bots. Fortunately, I haven't spotted one yet.

Btw, if you want your videos retained. Do not expose the players name or just try to blur it.

#24 WhyUs

WhyUs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:03 PM

Only the one who have experience in botting know how to detect the real bots

#25 Fiendgrief

Fiendgrief

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:17 PM

I just don't want to see a re:start 2.0. the actual [Removed] for EAC, as i know, is paid and for slots(idk what it means, if someone can explain me), so if some TRASH got banned, prolly will make a new account, i think, after clean this "old bots" is necessary to verify every new account, starting for the training grounds.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 04 February 2020 - 09:44 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed mention illegal program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users