[RT] The beggining of the end. (ENG/PTBR) - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

[RT] The beggining of the end. (ENG/PTBR)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#26 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:18 PM

Only the one who have experience in botting know how to detect the real bots

It's not that hard to detect a bot... They won't stop their actions if you keep following them, and also will not have a proper conversations with you... At least the usual bots and I highly doubt if someone would use machine learning to emulate a person to reply you...

#27 Fiendgrief

Fiendgrief

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:27 PM

Reality is that it matters very little if we specify the maps where this is happening here if the issue keeps growing, as it looks like it is, this will very soon become an all maps issue. If the GM team starts focusing one map, they will just move on to another one.

Why not take broader actions such as monitoring players that have been online for too many hours? Or players that have been killing the same mob for many days? This won't be a 100% action, but it can easily drive most of the farming bots away, which causes the most harm.

I work on a web service with petabytes of data and we can very easily write a data mining script that go through 30 days of logs and generate a report to give us a top 100 list of any data aspect we want. I would imagine a Ragnarok server with 3000 players online would generate much less logs than this which could very easily be mined to generate a report of the players that have had suspicious behaviors on the past 30 days (e.g. the player spent 99% of its time online on the same map, or the player distribution of mobs killed has 90% Sea Otters). It doesn't require Machine Learning to detect most if not all of the bot farms.

This should be easily done by any programmer with access to logs. They would just go a generate a report with a list of "suspicious" bots that should be checked by the GM team.

Relying on the community to report these has proven not to work, and in the end people will just get tired of it and start ignoring as it has happened in the past.

Sometimes i think the Warp Portal is unable to do it or just don't want.

Edited by Fiendgrief, 04 February 2020 - 04:27 PM.

#28 WeiOWeiO

WeiOWeiO

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:49 PM

The otter map is bad but I can honestly say that it's been way worse in the past. Most of you probably are unaware of how the North Comodo Cave was infested with Rogue bots on Pre-Renewal Chaos. Or the utter bot induced anarchy on any map where something could drop an Old Box. And yet IRO is still kicking, albeit with a lower player count.

I am not saying that there isn't a problem. I do my part and report when I can. I am just saying that it could be way worse.

I say this as both a returning old timer and as someone who currently plays a Rogue to build up money for essentials for other classes and has to deal with wanna be bothunters who go by the logic of Rogue = bot.

#29 Windave

Windave

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:24 AM

Not massive yet, so don't panic. But yes something has to be done

#30 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:43 AM

I shame my comunity. When we are not creating memes, we are acting like memes. Can you start to report people and not overload the forum with posts like this?

If WP dont ban bots, the server will just die as Restart did, as people will quit nonstop, in that case they will stop earning money. Just report and let them do their job.

Reporting does nothing as everyone knows it from 15+ years of experience playing the game, so don't kid yourself.

Yes, if WP don't ban bots the server will just die as Restart DID, reporting them achieved nothing back then, what makes you think it's gonna be any different NOW? History has proven otherwise and those that don't know their history are doomed to repeat it, this one being the FOURTH TIME, at this point you and WP admins have no shame coming out with nothing at all other than damage control, as it has always been.

I'd say going P2P could save RO's game experience (not the game as it went F2P for a reason) but with the game running like crap as it is, it wouldn't be worth paying for; and don't kid yourself, if they were to do it in order to remove EAC, bots would return in droves even if they have to P2P bc they know WP admins would do nothing against them, specially since they'd be paying customers after all.

Edited by Minabe, 05 February 2020 - 10:45 AM.

#31 Slateback1

Slateback1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor/Transcendence

Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:43 AM

Ever considered adding gepard shield? I heard it's very effective against bots. 

I have never experienced/seen any bots in private servers that uses gepard shield.

Why does official servers refuse to use gepard?

#32 P3litez

P3litez

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcedence

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:51 AM

Let's all just take a deep breath and don't panic... EAC can be bypassed, but the said professional programmers are charging for it... I saw one of them asking for 90 USD to do that on the Brazilian forum.

I've just seen bots at the sea-otters map until now... I was at moc_pryd05 yesterday during all day and all the players that I suspected were actually real players (we chatted for a while).

This kind of post won't help the staff, what will help will be reports, so let's all keep that in mind. I'm usually pessimist about this kind of problem, but I honestly believe that they are trying to make Transcedence a sucessful Re:Start.

@VModCinnamon, how about if you had a little interest at least go to the guys' website and buy 1 license and see how it works.
Simple, you would have all the tools to know how to block this crap again.
If you prefer I can send you the link where they sell the bypass per pm for you to pass on to the developers.
It is just a suggestion, better than wiping ice banning account on account.

#33 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:56 AM

@VModCinnamon, how about if you had a little interest at least go to the guys' website and buy 1 license and see how it works.
Simple, you would have all the tools to know how to block this crap again.
If you prefer I can send you the link where they sell the bypass per pm for you to pass on to the developers.
It is just a suggestion, better than wiping ice banning account on account.

Hello,

Please contact WP staff Campitor, I am only a volunteer forums moderator ;)

#34 Chacal666

Chacal666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:19 AM

where's arnold schwarzOda ??? :heh:  :heh:

WP need a staff member in game!

miss you Oda :sob:  :sob:

when are you going to hire a new Oda 2.0 WP? :rice:  :rice:

Edited by Chacal666, 07 February 2020 - 08:19 AM.

#35 P3litez

P3litez

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcedence

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:26 AM

Hello,

Please contact WP staff Campitor, I am only a volunteer forums moderator ;)

Okay, I'll contact Campitor via PM.
Just to make it clear, I made a formal report on the EAC website, sending prints and links on how the bypass was built, asking them to try to fix the bypass.

#36 PiersGouen

PiersGouen

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:43 AM

I haven't seen any suspicious players until yesterday, but today, when I was looking for Stinky Scale to the Blue Fish headgear quest, I unfortunately saw them on Mao, the East Cave (beach_dun03), which made me feel upset about it.  :(

#37 Paulohbk

Paulohbk

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:40 PM

I went to the Sea Otters map to do some farming for the first time today, and honestly, i was expecting a huge crowd of bots based on the things u guys are always saying in the forum. Ive seen a couple player that im pretty sure are bots and i sended a ticket about it.

The map was crowded for sure, and there was some bad behavior from some players, and thats a problem. But the server itself is pretty crowded, so its expected to have a lot of player on a popular farm map. Im not sayng that the server doesnt have problems, it have a lot of them, but this hysteria  like "THE SERVER IS CROWDED WITH BOTS! RT IS DOOMED!!! ITS JUST RESTART 2.0!!!!!" doesnt help anybory. Ive seen posts like that since the first week...

I really hope the staff kepps working on that stuff and dont let it sink like Restart did. We should demand the staff to solve the problens of the server and not to solve our own hysteria.

#38 PiersGouen

PiersGouen

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 01:34 PM

I don't like when people call upon the apocalypse too.

The machines seems to be in small numbers, thankfully. I hope this gets solved as well (or at least minimized even more).

#39 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:45 PM

So... Do we have any update about the bot banning or EAC update? Because if you go RIGHT NOW at Toy Factory 2 you will find at least 2 full parties of BOTS all with /exall command. [Removed]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 08 February 2020 - 01:11 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed.

#40 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:12 PM

Please don't post party names here, or names of users. It is making GM investigation MUCH harder than what it deserves.

You can instead PM me a user name of one of those party and I can help forward the detail to the staff.

#41 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:29 PM

It's a free server. Free server means free botting. Be grateful there is a free server to play at least  :parel:  :parel:  :parel:

#42 RagsBruno

RagsBruno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:54 AM

I’m bringing this topic back at top cuz @ spore maps there’s a lot of bots! They all have white hair with black glasses and surgery masks.

Edited by RagsBruno, 10 February 2020 - 11:55 AM.

#43 Brokoly123

Brokoly123

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 01:34 PM

They still pretend like there aren't bots in RO T. 

We have no events, its all about grinding and we have to compete against bots.

And no, i'm not going to send a ticket for every bot that i see. Is GM's jobs hunting down for them 

#44 Sherafm

Sherafm

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:22 PM

please is it possible that some gm or someone from the server staff can tell us something about bots due to the fact that it is infested in all the card maps that are worth it, it doesn’t pay or even go farther discouraging to see a bot beside

#45 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:11 PM

Only took 1 week after Renewal's release for the botting to be very noticeable in ROT.

Hahahahahahahah/Jajajaajajaajjja

Welcome new players of ROT!

Suffer!!!!! Renewal has had this same issues for the past 10 years. Tickets never being answered, Botting never being stopped, GM's/WP's never around to clean up.

And now you guys/girls are the next lucky fools!!!!

The same team running renewal are trying to get a "fresh start" by opening this low rate server, old habits die hard!

Edited by abui951, 10 February 2020 - 05:13 PM.

#46 hashtagmilkshake

hashtagmilkshake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:42 PM

At the very least there is still EAC. From what I hear someone is selling a bot config that is able to bypass it, so in that regard its not exactly as widespread yet, it can still be fixed.

WP if your trying to get a fresh start please maintain it. And in the mean time, your highest paid salary workers should patrol 8 hours a day in rotation. I want to spend money in your store but not if things like in-game economy are illegitimate. I'm definitely impressed so far though outside of this happening.

#47 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 05:00 PM

At the very least there is still EAC. From what I hear someone is selling a bot config that is able to bypass it, so in that regard its not exactly as widespread yet, it can still be fixed.

WP if your trying to get a fresh start please maintain it. And in the mean time, your highest paid salary workers should patrol 8 hours a day in rotation. I want to spend money in your store but not if things like in-game economy are illegitimate. I'm definitely impressed so far though outside of this happening.

"your highest paid salary workers" I highly doubt WP is paying them a large sum of salary. LOL

These workers are the bottom of the barrel in their field of work/career and thats the nicest way to say it.

Edited by abui951, 10 February 2020 - 05:15 PM.

#48 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 05:31 PM

Reporting does nothing as everyone knows it from 15+ years of experience playing the game, so don't kid yourself.

I'd say going P2P could save RO's game experience (not the game as it went F2P for a reason) but with the game running like crap as it is, it wouldn't be worth paying for; and don't kid yourself, if they were to do it in order to remove EAC, bots would return in droves even if they have to P2P bc they know WP admins would do nothing against them, specially since they'd be paying customers after all.

Give this guy a medal.

Also yes, going P2P could be a right way but it can also backfire. F2P means all bots are welcome and there isnt a real punishment if caught. However we know that most players in iRO will not pay for P2P. They'd rather spend money to for power creeps in a F2P environment. I'm very curious why did iRO change from P2P to F2P.

Edited by nyyaan, 10 February 2020 - 05:33 PM.

#49 Slateback1

Slateback1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor/Transcendence

Posted 12 February 2020 - 08:19 AM

+1 to P2P!

Although going P2P is a double edged sword because there will be people who will not pay so the population be reduced.

It's already going downhill after 1 month, instead of bots getting banned, they seem to be multiplying by the day.

I know people who are already considering quitting cause they saw bots. 

There are already bots in the famous farming maps. Spore map, payon dun 2, orc village, creamy map. 

I don't have time to report all the bots I see every time I login. I don't even know if the ones I reported got banned. 

#50 AdonSouter

AdonSouter

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:08 AM

+1 to P2P!

Although going P2P is a double edged sword because there will be people who will not pay so the population be reduced.

It's already going downhill after 1 month, instead of bots getting banned, they seem to be multiplying by the day.

I know people who are already considering quitting cause they saw bots. 

There are already bots in the famous farming maps. Spore map, payon dun 2, orc village, creamy map. 

I don't have time to report all the bots I see every time I login. I don't even know if the ones I reported got banned. 

yesterday i took the Monk job change quest, and there are also bots inside one of the abby selling overpriced Sticky Mucus for 900z. 
Mucus are one of the possible needed items for a part of the whole quest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users