PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOTS ON TRANSCENDE! - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOTS ON TRANSCENDE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
298 replies to this topic

#101 RTLM

RTLM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Location/merai
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:54 PM

The game don't need to be P2P or a bit more P2W to counter bots. We need  GMs to look map by map for a  player that  behavior is like a BOT. Ban the BOT, the IP, the Mac Adress, everything related to that person.

(g) Former Members. Members whose Accounts have been terminated by Gravity may not access the Service in any manner or for any reason, including through any other Account, without the express written permission of Gravity. 
(h) Related Accounts. If Gravity terminates an Account, Gravity may terminate any other Accounts that share the same member name, phone number, email address, postal address, Internet Protocol address, or credit card number with the terminated Account.

It's all about the EAC putting out a paddle on the stuff that goes out of control , it is a sad reality that 

third party programs do use bots to enhance their idle gaming life.

#102 Lugal

Lugal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:12 PM

It's all about the EAC putting out a paddle on the stuff that goes out of control , it is a sad reality that 

third party programs do use bots to enhance their idle gaming life.

From the  very beginning of ragnarok, the game have BOTs, they try to use  programs like EAC, shield guard, etc. The game continues to have BOTs, i don't know the efficiency of those programs to ban BOTs, but you can't focus a defense system based on only one thing.

Shield/Firewall programs seems to me have failed. And people still believe on them. after 10+ years of BOT.... WP need to change it's plan or the players will change they. Unless you like Botscendence.

Why not  use a captch inside the game for example? Why not use a GM to ban BOTs on maps? Why not try to study the BOT program and see how it works and try to prevent it?  Why not stop everything they are doing to try counter BOTs? BOTs will kill the game.

Edited by Lugal, 17 February 2020 - 05:14 PM.

#103 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:14 PM

i know EAC is pretty recongize in the gaming industry

lots recent developed games are using EAC.

& have you seen any other games that has a proper BOTs running on MS-DOS?

reading txt file. database of it's own, configured IP address to access the game

whatever you call "BOTs" outside of Ragnarok those arn't.

i mean those "BOTs" are pretty much macros right?

Yeap. which EAC has been successful on those?

that aside, have it come across to you

that ECA never claim to prevent BOTs in their pitch?

because warpportal could have easily *entertain you with
"we have feedback to EAC, they are working on upgrading the game security. thread close"

my understanding of how the EAC works on ur PC defines that.
no, it doesnt prevent BOTs.

#104 Luinachan

Luinachan

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:31 PM

Well if it is uncomfortable to play because of bots.... just dont play it. Lul xD

#105 Fourbid

Fourbid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Server:RT: Chaos

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:32 PM

i know EAC is pretty recongize in the gaming industry
lots recent developed games are using EAC.
& have you seen any other games that has a proper BOTs running on MS-DOS?
reading txt file. database of it's own, configured IP address to access the game

whatever you call "BOTs" outside of Ragnarok those arn't.
i mean those "BOTs" are pretty much macros right?

Yeap. which EAC has been successful on those?

that aside, have it come across to you
that ECA never claim to prevent BOTs in their pitch?
because warpportal could have easily *entertain you with
"we have feedback to EAC, they are working on upgrading the game security. thread close"

my understanding of how the EAC works on ur PC defines that.
no, it doesnt prevent BOTs.

It does prevent bots/cheats atleast 90%. EAC however can be shutdown by dll tampering and exes. Before the success of atleast 10% of botters/cheaters in RO or in any other games they made the bypass through hexa coding using the game exes/dll itself. Not really the EAC. So the vulnerability relies on how the EAC was integrated by the programmers.

#106 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:02 PM

Sea Otters is infested worse than Joe's Apartment

#107 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:10 PM

So which server is sadder? Chaos ... few bots because all BiS and items in demand are Cash shop items. Or RoT ... a new promising and Cash item free server full of players and botters, the battle of the fittest  :wub:

Edited by nyyaan, 17 February 2020 - 10:14 PM.

#108 EleazarJ93

EleazarJ93

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:19 PM

I just stop play it. My dream is a sever without this bot stuff, and on friday i took some screenshots of bots on cmd_fild04, now there are more and more. I refuse to play like this, so anyway thanks guys wish you all the best. 

This. this is what ive submitted tickets on and now i'm here to post about it only to see others have ALREADY POSTED ABOUT IT. This is so ridiculous there is literally a "subway" of rogues on kokomo beach cmd_fild04 .. over 20 bots all botfarming sea otters. why is there no @report /report in-game GM

#109 ShiryouOni

ShiryouOni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTornado Alley
  • Server:Loki... Classic

Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:04 AM

EAC stops casual botters, and that's soon to change at this rate. With the amount of GM's I'm guessing the game probably has, the report and ban method will never succeed. The last time I even saw a GM in game was back in like 05. Relying on EAC won't ever work either, if people can profit, it will always get bypassed.

Something needs to be implemented in game that breaks bots on a regular basis. Even just the server IP changing will break most bots for a day, or how about a simple visual captcha when you login.

I hate to sound negative because I really do love this game but certain private servers that won't be mentioned have healthy player bases in the 1500-3000 range that are bot free. If they can achieve this, so can iRO. I honestly believe one daily active in-game GM like we had sometimes on old iRO would solve a huge amount of the problem, they used to come into farm maps and warp en masse suspected botters to a special map were they could quickly pass final judgement.

#110 sokernet

sokernet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:49 AM

Please adjust the sea otter drop rate. Its getting crazy those bots earn so much 24/7...

#111 lunestrudel

lunestrudel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:25 AM

Please adjust the sea otter drop rate. Its getting crazy those bots earn so much 24/7...

I would rather they fix the damn map and ban bots there so people can farm in peace without nerffing the drops of things. 

#112 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:00 AM

Just ban them using HWID method. What's wrong with that?

#113 leo1074

leo1074

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:54 AM

Cool but what about the players there that are not bots? -_-

I can only stay there for an hour per day, making 200-280 k. 

Bots can stay 24H, with less drops they still make more money than a normal player.

Edited by leo1074, 18 February 2020 - 09:55 AM.

#114 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:21 AM

I hate to sound negative because I really do love this game but certain private servers that won't be mentioned have healthy player bases in the 1500-3000 range that are bot free. If they can achieve this, so can iRO. I honestly believe one daily active in-game GM like we had sometimes on old iRO would solve a huge amount of the problem, they used to come into farm maps and warp en masse suspected botters to a special map were they could quickly pass final judgement.

Your solution won't fly in here bc it requires competent staff, that's how pservers remove bots and anything related to them, they simply check the logs to confirm and that's it, sadly WP staff can't be bothered to do the simplest of things.

#115 Sobral147

Sobral147

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:https://discord.gg/B7s26TE
  • LocationGravatá PE

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:21 PM

Cmd_fild04 Bot Bot Bot 

Campitor

please the game is full of bot we will lose one more serves by the impetus of warpportal

your team is failing

#116 jajajohn

jajajohn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:52 PM

Same group of bots are back on moc_fild06
Ton of merchants with same name scheme+priest+monk. This has been reported multiple times as well, but nothing has been done.

#117 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:54 PM

Cool but what about the players there that are not bots? -_-

I can only stay there for an hour per day, making 200-280 k. 

Bots can stay 24H, with less drops they still make more money than a normal player.

I'd adapt and move on, there's other ways to make zeny

#118 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:07 PM

Guys don't forget to record a replay of the bots when reporting. I find that makes the GMs handle the bots quicker than just them investigating. It worked for me when I reported in moc_fild03.

I'll let you know how it goes for gef_fild05

#119 monicako669

monicako669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Server:Watching RT burn

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:37 PM

Today I saw a GM patrolling sea otters, and as soon as he was gone a gazillion rouges popped up and started their otter farming back again. Since this server is new I hope they make a big effort to nuke those botters because it will eventually ruin the game economy and nobody will be able to keep up with prices if everything is inflated due to botters.

#120 Fiendgrief

Fiendgrief

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:52 PM

EAC sucks, that's it. i wonder if in the asian servers has so much bots...

#121 GKole

GKole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:50 AM

Had to create a account quickly just to share this over here. We all know where this will be going =/ sad.. will be stop spending my time on the server as well, was good while it lasted s2

screen-Poring011.jpg

Today I saw a GM patrolling sea otters, and as soon as he was gone a gazillion rouges popped up and started their otter farming back again. Since this server is new I hope they make a big effort to nuke those botters because it will eventually ruin the game economy and nobody will be able to keep up with prices if everything is inflated due to botters.

Thank you Luubiii for the perfect screenshot. Feels a little STUPID to stop what you are doing and submit a ticket for all of those right? 

Disappointing to hear that the bots avoided the GM. I would hope that they are smarter about hunting them and just make a normal account, walk over there like Luubii did and start taking down IDs like a madman.

Everyone is right about this being restart 2.0. ROT started with promise (Restart bots were choking the server and ruining the eco on day 1) but this thread we are all in right now has existed hundreds of times already on those old forums. Everyone sits here proposing ideas to deal with it meanwhile screenshots like Luubii's become EASIER to take over time as bots keep flooding right in.

I won't ever understand it and I suppose I am the idiot for continuing to show up here and type. 

#122 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:47 AM

Well, as long as there are people monthly earning *3 digit number* USD selling 5 slots of bots per user's machine, the bot infestation will not stop. I wonder how EAC and/or warp portal can be so naive and let those guys easily bypass them.

Only way that botters be gone, apparently is users to stop buying the bots itself AND zeny from RMT websites.

One thing that can't get out of my head is if there is someone receiving a share to leak how to bypass this eac or not being banned ingame.

I just can't understand how a business can let those guys make A LOT OF MONEY on their backs  :wacko:. From the money your are not receiving you could hire more people to ban bots, because your customers (players) will eventually (and probably) leave the game OR will only buy stuff from RMT websites, because its MUCH CHEAPER.

Please, do not erase my post. (as always)

Edited by rdoc3, 19 February 2020 - 06:52 AM.

#123 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:52 AM

The server will die similar to Restart if bots are allowed to ruin the economy, it's not at that point yet though. 

#124 rdoc3

rdoc3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:00 AM

The server will die similar to Restart if bots are allowed to ruin the economy, it's not at that point yet though. 

Maybe it's not at that point yet, but before you notice, it will hit you like a truck and it will be too late.

#125 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:27 AM

Bring OCPs and BiS in RoT cash shop, so bots cant accumulate wealth through cheap loots. Bots can farm all they want to supply WoE folks!  B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users