OCP Concerns & Discussion, moved from Renewal Feb 13th Patch notes. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

OCP Concerns & Discussion, moved from Renewal Feb 13th Patch notes.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

#26 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:51 PM

there are several reasons why the server is a xit

1> OCP gears comes to IRO breaking PVM/WOE

2> EUA BANNED

3> the great idea of warpportal by gioia at an event, since it was a last guild motivation!

4> lack of update/improvement

5> the innovative server idea down server for 2 months.

6> listen to dumb player ideas

tenor.gif?itemid=5719761

1. I have killed all known cheaters in WoE and OCPs were not my main arsenal, most of the time 2 pieces is. mob set? I don’t remember but mainly I used Gods. Gods > OCPs + Cheats

2. Yes this is true. That killed WoE in Classic and consequently terminated the server. It’s totally Warpportala fault. Classic WoE died, Restart launched.

3. Yes this is true. That killed WoE in Chaos and now slowing killing the server. Population before Gioia was 2.3k ish? That’s after GDPR and OCPs have been out since 2016. Then it jumped to 3.2k at one point during the event. Since then after the event, the population dropped to 1.7k and gradually dropping to 1.3k. Warpportal decided to open RoT in response to save iRO.

4. No money, no honey. I don’t know why some people are complaining abo it the lack of updates. I think most iRO folks are F2P and don’t even financially support the game. VIP is/was so cheap.

5. Needed to close Chaos for two months to focus on a brighter future, RoT.

6. This is subjective. People opinions are biased and they say whatever they want whenever it’s convenient to them. For example, some people say OCPs broke the game. I disagree because before OCPs, some classes were obviously more powerful than other classes and that broke the game to my convenient argument. Since OCPs came, now every class is powerful, which is seen as broken by other people and so on.

#27 Chacal666

Chacal666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:06 PM

Can you explain this part to me? I always have seen Chakri talk about it too so hearing again from someone else maybe you can explain. As far as I can tell all the card does is give 100% wind/ghost magic damage. In WoE wouldn't that effect be pretty easy to replicate by just bringing a second Warlock? So I don't think it was the card itself that people cared about. My only other though is that the WoE guilds wanted in addition the WoE exclusive God items their guild dungeon exclusive MVP content kept for themselves. So was the thought of having to share that what made them all quit? Not trying to troll I just don't understand that much selfishness if that is indeed the case.

over time the godly gears was getting useless or bad, so why would the guilds still go woe?

2 reasons

1> reason: fun

2> reason: the prestige of drops in the woe dungeon maybe a chance to drop gioia or other Card MVP woe dangeon

3> WP never encouraged a little more to get extra prize, rankz guild etc etc

how the WP fu***d it up, nobody else cared more go to woe

there are other reasons, I'm lazy :ani_swt3:

Edited by Chacal666, 13 February 2020 - 04:09 PM.

#28 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:13 PM

People wanting defensive OCPs are just crazy, more likely trolling but I love it. Why do you wanna defend when you can kill. This stupid mentality used to spread like god damn corona virus in WoE until noobs realized why defend if they can kill first. In real fight, the best defender is to sucker punch and run if you know the fight is about to start, you make the first move.

i don't know about other skills but I do know Support RG could use some buffs.
King's Grace with 10 seconds cooldown would be cool in WoE and could really change how it plays out.
Of course, the mechanics would be to make sure its only for support RG and only activates in PvP maps.

Winning by hitting first is not the most fun way to duel.

#29 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:16 PM

over time the godly gears was getting useless or bad, so why would the guilds still go woe?

2 reasons

1> reason: fun

2> reason: the prestige of drops in the woe dungeon maybe a chance to drop gioia or other Card MVP woe dangeon

3> WP never encouraged a little more to get extra prize, rankz guild etc etc

how the WP fu***d it up, nobody else cared more go to woe

there are other reasons, I'm lazy :ani_swt3:

the number of cards dropped would not have been a problem if several "veteran" players had not used and abused the bug that allowed them to endlessly repeat a quest that should have been daily, because as far as I remember camptor had said that the chance of the gioia appear was 1%.

#30 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:21 PM

I thought that was a rumour though? Well I was told so anyways and maybe that explains why the population jumped to 3.2k. I didn’t do that event because it’s a waste of efforts. Only a few times to make a final video.

Me in 2018 to my future self: Don’t have to do the instance. It’s a waste of time. You wouldn’t be playing iRO even if you got Gioia or Nightmare Amon card.

Me in 2019/2020 to my old self: Damn your right hahaha

Edited by nyyaan, 13 February 2020 - 04:24 PM.

#31 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:50 PM

Lets not be so toxicccc!!!

My goodness, this should be a learning lesson, for all of us

The lesson is...

Please WP put new OCP onto renewal. I promised i'll be sweet and not gaslight any forum topics. LOL

giphy.gif

Edited by abui951, 13 February 2020 - 04:50 PM.

#32 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:01 PM

1. I have killed all known cheaters in WoE and OCPs were not my main arsenal, most of the time 2 pieces is. mob set? I don’t remember but mainly I used Gods. Gods > OCPs + Cheats

What does killing people in WoE have anything to do with that point? you're just bragging, not even low-key bragging, about something wildly unimpressive. People kill each other all the time in WoE, it's kinda the point. I've been in guilds with cheaters and believe it or not they do in fact die in WoE just as much as everybody else, killing them isn't an accomplishment. Also, unless I'm mistaken you only play RG, which doesn't really benefit much from OCP in WoE anyway, most RG specific OCP gears are better suited to PVM stuff. All your statement is a profoundly anecdotal non-accomplishment brag that addresses nothing.

#33 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:01 PM

In my opinion, OCPs bring excitement for new gameplays yet tries to destroy it as well.

How WP earns their bread money actually depends on them. OCPs has made players push this company to produce these player "requested" item, and has had a very bad effect at how updates are getting delivered.

As far as I do respect all your input into this, I believe that these OCP influx has to stop at this point. There's gotta be the end of the line.

If they don't act now, they will always create the same dialogue 'where's our new ocp', and it has been unhealthy since then.

Edited by Vladdin, 13 February 2020 - 05:04 PM.

#34 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:06 PM

In my opinion, OCPs bring excitement for new gameplays yet tries to destroy it as well.

How WP earns their bread money actually depends on them. OCPs has made players push this company to produce these player "requested" item, and has had a very bad effect at how updates are getting delivered.

As far as I do respect all your input into this, I believe that these OCP influx has to stop at this point. There's gotta be the end of the line.

If they don't act now, they will always create the same dialogue 'where's our new ocp', and it has been unhealthy since then.

Where's Our New OCP?!?!!?

#35 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:08 PM

LOL, I know for a fact that when you get it, you'll soon get bored and find more OCP items from jRO to make this again.. #feelsbadwp

#36 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:11 PM

OCP made PVMing almost pointless. If we didn't have OCP, it would have been kRO Shadow Sets which also did stupid -_- (and continue to get worse, even moreso than OCP I heard). In terms of that kind of crap, it seems it didn't matter which road we went down, we would eventually hit this stale place.

#37 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:12 PM

Please new OCP
A girl needs new toys

Edited by abui951, 13 February 2020 - 05:13 PM.

#38 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:19 PM

OCP made PVMing almost pointless. If we didn't have OCP, it would have been kRO Shadow Sets which also did stupid -_- (and continue to get worse, even moreso than OCP I heard). In terms of that kind of crap, it seems it didn't matter which road we went down, we would eventually hit this stale place.

If we had the KRO shadow sets we probably woulda been more up to date  :p_devil:

#39 Chacal666

Chacal666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:22 PM

If we had the KRO shadow sets we probably woulda been more up to date  :p_devil:

yeeeee, i Agree, a server less OP and alot Update, a server fun  :no1:

plus warpportal betray the KRO

let's go by the way JRO   :wall:  :wall:

Edited by Chacal666, 13 February 2020 - 05:27 PM.

#40 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:35 PM

Funnily enough, no. I mean the reason we were behind was because no one had a record of what iRO had; most of the stuff we got was because of users making lists and pointing it directly to the korean source :deadson:

#41 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:37 PM

Funnily enough, no. I mean the reason we were behind was because no one had a record of what iRO had; most of the stuff we got was because of users making lists and pointing it directly to the korean source :deadson:

so like

the blind guiding; the blind

#42 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:40 PM

so like

the blind guiding; the blind

more like the blind guiding; the blind that also doesn't really care too much

#43 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:42 PM

Noone can say for sure because we never got them  :hmm:

#44 Chacal666

Chacal666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:42 PM

why warpportal didn't run after?

I wonder if they do the tests on sakray, or expect a good willingness from the players to do the service update tests

because everything comes broken to the main server

Edited by Chacal666, 13 February 2020 - 05:43 PM.

#45 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:43 PM

more like the blind guiding; the blind that also doesn't really care too much

We  :rwar: k'd

random question/statement

-I do hope the WP employees are getting paid overtime, maybe thats why they always drag server open time,

trying to get those min's in for OT.

#46 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:43 PM

Noone can say for sure because we never got them  :hmm:

Yes but no. Shadow Gears and OCP are just items. Both would have been to generate revenue, neither actively help or hinder the update process.

#47 Crypton

Crypton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:44 PM

with the OCP we are at full steam currently, right?

OCP exists for 2~4 years only, right?

server lifetime > 18 years right?

tenor.gif?itemid=7322428

Look at restart no lucky boxes and no ocp only stupid costumes look where it is now? Lol and mark my words most iro players are old they are in late 20 to early 40. They ain’t got time to start all over, grinding 3 -_-in hours for 1%. Do you think rot will last over 10 years without any lucky boxes and only depends on costumes and vip?

#48 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:45 PM

So do you want Thanatos shadow gears from kro?

Please, link me those 'Thanatos' shadow gears from kRO. I'll wait.

#49 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:46 PM

Look at restart no lucky boxes and no ocp only stupid costumes look where it is now? Lol and mark my words most iro players are old they are in late 20 to early 40. They ain’t got time to start all over, grinding 3 -_-in hours for 1%. Do you think rot will last over 10 years without any lucky boxes and only depends on costumes and vip?

^Thats right!

We are old, we got jobs, we GOT MONEYYYY FOR OCP'S!

so please WP put in new ocp's

Its a damn fact ya'll aint got no damn teens playing this game, 95% of them are over 25+.

The kids are too busy playing fortnight and minecraft.

Edited by abui951, 13 February 2020 - 05:50 PM.

#50 Chacal666

Chacal666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:51 PM

forget it dude, ignorance won, I give up :no1:

Forget that point and move on

lets talk about maintence!

too much time for the server back? :hmm:

Edited by Chacal666, 13 February 2020 - 05:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users