OCP Concerns & Discussion, moved from Renewal Feb 13th Patch notes. - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

OCP Concerns & Discussion, moved from Renewal Feb 13th Patch notes.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

#51 Crypton

Crypton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:52 PM

Most of ro players are within the range of late 20 to early 40. They either already have a family and have a jobs. Unless they are still a freeloader which most likely Asian. Asian parents don’t collect rent from their son they should make their kids paying rent to live in the parents house.
So if you are still a freeloader you may want to consider rot because you can spent your time playing and grinding most of your Nerdy little time for 1%.

#52 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:54 PM

Most of ro players are within the range of late 20 to early 40. They either already have a family and have a jobs. Unless they are still a freeloader which most likely Asian. Asian parents don’t collect rent from their son they should make their kids paying rent to live in the parents house.
So if you are still a freeloader you may want to consider rot because you can spent your time playing and grinding most of your Nerdy little time for 1%.

renewal is also grinding specially if you are a freeloader xD

#53 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:54 PM

Don't talk about the WP employees like that! Take this down!

#54 Crypton

Crypton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:55 PM

renewal is also grinding specially if you are a freeloader xD

We have BB and gramps makes life easier.

#55 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMidgard

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:56 PM

it aint the chaos server for no reason i guess <3  :rolleyes:

#56 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:58 PM

We have BB and gramps makes life easier.

have you try farming for the items you want? MVP card perhaps, like ET three times a day lol

#57 Crypton

Crypton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:00 PM

it aint the chaos server for no reason i guess <3 :rolleyes:

Yea dude I have experienced the pain of gaining 1 -_- % for hours. Grinding in clock tower. Luina guild dg with party. Cast sg then phen switching gear. I’m done thru all that bull-_-s. During my high school I got time for all that crap. If you ask me again to do it no way.

#58 Chacal666

Chacal666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:00 PM

now you understand the idea of my avatar *GAME OVER*

since you have family and children to raise, online games are not for you for the reason of responsibilities, go take care of your family, online games are for those who have time

*no offense*

#59 JoaquinAndres

JoaquinAndres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:02 PM

Can you explain this part to me? I always have seen Chakri talk about it too so hearing again from someone else maybe you can explain. As far as I can tell all the card does is give 100% wind/ghost magic damage. In WoE wouldn't that effect be pretty easy to replicate by just bringing a second Warlock? So I don't think it was the card itself that people cared about. My only other though is that the WoE guilds wanted in addition the WoE exclusive God items their guild dungeon exclusive MVP content kept for themselves. So was the thought of having to share that what made them all quit? Not trying to troll I just don't understand that much selfishness if that is indeed the case.

those dungeons that you talk about cant be accessible because there is a bug in woe 2.0 exactily in Juno 1 that prevents anybody to break either all of their barricades, and its been long time like that, so only 1 guild is benefied for that and it is UNFAIR , please close that castle until you fix it

over time the godly gears was getting useless or bad, so why would the guilds still go woe?

2 reasons

1> reason: fun

2> reason: the prestige of drops in the woe dungeon maybe a chance to drop gioia or other Card MVP woe dangeon

3> WP never encouraged a little more to get extra prize, rankz guild etc etc

how the WP fu***d it up, nobody else cared more go to woe

there are other reasons, I'm lazy :ani_swt3:

I want Gioia card but we can't becauuse only 1 guild owns their castle and becuase one of their casstle is for them, permanently... shame....

#60 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:02 PM

What does killing people in WoE have anything to do with that point? you're just bragging, not even low-key bragging, about something wildly unimpressive. People kill each other all the time in WoE, it's kinda the point. I've been in guilds with cheaters and believe it or not they do in fact die in WoE just as much as everybody else, killing them isn't an accomplishment. Also, unless I'm mistaken you only play RG, which doesn't really benefit much from OCP in WoE anyway, most RG specific OCP gears are better suited to PVM stuff. All your statement is a profoundly anecdotal non-accomplishment brag that addresses nothing.

Better than blaming everything on OCPs especially if it's not OCPs, we wouldnt even have server to play on. Learn some respect to OCPs! My post is not for bragging, but it's to prove the point that OCPs didnt kill WoE. Wanna know what people were afraid of in WoE? Tada ... Bio5 enchants and MvP cards. No one was afraid of OCPs  :ani_slur:  :ani_slur:  :ani_slur:

According to you, cheaters die as much as everyone else. So, are you saying that those who complain about cheaters in WoE are just crybabies and clueless noobs who cant kill cheaters? I see you're a man of cultures here lmfao xD 

#61 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

OCP made PVMing almost pointless. If we didn't have OCP, it would have been kRO Shadow Sets which also did stupid -_- (and continue to get worse, even moreso than OCP I heard). In terms of that kind of crap, it seems it didn't matter which road we went down, we would eventually hit this stale place.

And I think you would also call it stupid had iRO became P2P. Welcome back. How is RoT?  :D

#62 Crypton

Crypton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

Some of you may don’t even know what cast switching phen . Back then us wizards with fast hand always wanted to duet with priest. XD man this brings back memory. Makes me so old now.

#63 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:07 PM

And I think you would also call it stupid had iRO became P2P. Welcome back. How is RoT?  :D

RO needed to generate money sure, but it should have also taken other measures.

Don't play ROT, as I said to my guild mates before I left, even if they delivered zero, I wouldn't be bothered starting from scratch again.

Though, this return seems short lived regardless, don't see anything on these patch notes about fixing tame drops, which if they aren't by this maint, I ain't waiting.

#64 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

RO needed to generate money sure, but it should have also taken other measures.

Don't play ROT, as I said to my guild mates before I left, even if they delivered zero, I wouldn't be bothered starting from scratch again.

Though, this return seems short lived regardless, don't see anything on these patch notes about fixing tame drops, which if they aren't by this maint, I ain't waiting.

Oh yeah good move. I'm also not playing RoT. Finally you and I seemed to agree on something smart  :heh:  :heh:

#65 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

^Thats right!

We are old, we got jobs, we GOT MONEYYYY FOR OCP'S!

so please WP put in new ocp's

Its a damn fact ya'll aint got no damn teens playing this game, 95% of them are over 25+.

The kids are too busy playing fortnight and minecraft.

I have a job, and barely have money left over at the end of a week/month for anything.  

#66 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:12 PM

Theres no point becoming overpowered with ocp if you gonna be bored like this guy N00XElH.png few days later.

#67 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:13 PM

Theres no point becoming overpowered with ocp if you gonna be bored like this guy N00XElH.png few days later.

challenge mode comming soon and you will ask for more OCPs haha

#68 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:14 PM

Hey WP, get my money out of my pocket by bringing new OCP please!

#69 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:16 PM

Seeing current Chaos, I think it's the best bet for WP to bring all individual OCP pieces in Cash shop. People in Chaos get to buy whatever OCPs they always want.

#70 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:19 PM

Seeing current Chaos, I think it's the best bet for WP to bring all individual OCP pieces in Cash shop. People in Chaos get to buy whatever OCPs they always want.

Throw in the KRO cash shop items too not just KRO shadow sets

#71 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:24 PM

Yes

We got MOOONEEYYYYYY, WP.

Don't you guys want our money?!?!?!?!

#72 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:26 PM

Yes

We got MOOONEEYYYYYY, WP.

Don't you guys want our money?!?!?!?!

they must have reached the quota for the month from ROT already 

#73 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:38 PM

Better than blaming everything on OCPs especially if it's not OCPs, we wouldnt even have server to play on. Learn some respect to OCPs! My post is not for bragging, but it's to prove the point that OCPs didnt kill WoE. Wanna know what people were afraid of in WoE? Tada ... Bio5 enchants and MvP cards. No one was afraid of OCPs  :ani_slur:  :ani_slur:  :ani_slur:

According to you, cheaters die as much as everyone else. So, are you saying that those who complain about cheaters in WoE are just crybabies and clueless noobs who cant kill cheaters? I see you're a man of cultures here lmfao xD 

Your post is pure bragging, it boils down to, "Dude, bro, game is fine, I get epic kills on cheaters and pay to winners all the time because I'm so good at game, game is fine! loot box good". It all comes from your perspective as someone who plays one class. Would you be able to make these claims playing anything else? Like I said, it's purely anecdotal. As for "If it weren't for loot boxes, we wouldn't have a server to play on." I mean... if a stagnate server losing players and unable to keep new ones is a good thing then... I guess you got me there?

#74 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:46 PM

Your post is pure bragging, it boils down to, "Dude, bro, game is fine, I get epic kills on cheaters and pay to winners all the time because I'm so good at game, game is fine! loot box good". It all comes from your perspective as someone who plays one class. Would you be able to make these claims playing anything else? Like I said, it's purely anecdotal. As for "If it weren't for loot boxes, we wouldn't have a server to play on." I mean... if a stagnate server losing players and unable to keep new ones is a good thing then... I guess you got me there?

Funny, RG was not even the main meta class until lately that we received RG OCPs. If I started off playing Gen for PvM and Sura/SC for WoE and seeing other underdog classes getting more powerful due to cash items? Then I might be on your side to agree that OCPs were toxic, you're not wrong lmfao

Lets get it real. You dont want OCPs. You dont want kRO Shadow items. You also probably dont want P2P model in iRO. What the hell do you want? I've not played jRO or kRO but from reading here, people say that they also sell OP items in Cash shop. Are they dying? ... Another example I can say for sure is RoM, I'd played there for 8 months before I quit. That RoM is easily 10x more P2W than iRO Chaos, yet, it is still kicking. Even Gravity focus on RoM as it's a massive gold mine. If you were a CEO of Gravity, you WOULD do the same. 

The only problem Chaos has right now is a very ancient server and no WoE. Hence I support their idea for opening RoT, a new server and promising WoE, even I'm so well off in Chaos but this server is so done done ... super done.

Edited by nyyaan, 13 February 2020 - 06:49 PM.

#75 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:24 PM

Funny, RG was not even the main meta class until lately that we received RG OCPs. If I started off playing Gen for PvM and Sura/SC for WoE and seeing other underdog classes getting more powerful due to cash items? Then I might be on your side to agree that OCPs were toxic, you're not wrong lmfao

Lets get it real. You dont want OCPs. You dont want kRO Shadow items. You also probably dont want P2P model in iRO. What the hell do you want? I've not played jRO or kRO but from reading here, people say that they also sell OP items in Cash shop. Are they dying? ... Another example I can say for sure is RoM, I'd played there for 8 months before I quit. That RoM is easily 10x more P2W than iRO Chaos, yet, it is still kicking. Even Gravity focus on RoM as it's a massive gold mine. If you were a CEO of Gravity, you WOULD do the same. 

The only problem Chaos has right now is a very ancient server and no WoE. Hence I support their idea for opening RoT, a new server and promising WoE, even I'm so well off in Chaos but this server is so done done ... super done.

I understand iRo needs to make money, I'm not naive enough to believe they are just running the game out of the goodness of their hearts. The problem is that money is coming from loot box stuff that is all stuff itemized for an entirely different iteration of the game without regard for the future profitability of the game.

You either end up with players spending a bunch of money to get the best of the best gear and effortlessly plowing through content and getting bored before quitting or players so overwhelmed by how much they have to spend in zeny or real money and go elsewhere. kRO also has the luxury of always being up to date with content so players always have something to do. I think iRO somewhat recently officially became the least up to date of all official Ragnarok servers (I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure we're getting there) and combine that with a plethora of items that makes content effortless and boring... people aren't going to stick around for long and when they go so does the money. Not saying iRO's decline is entirely the fault of loot box stuff, but an issue that compounds on already serious problems that isn't helping anything if at all.

Also couldn't agree more about Chaos being super done for, hopefully they don't make the same mistakes with RoT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users