Anti-bot with captcha system - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anti-bot with captcha system

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 shakawbr

shakawbr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:43 AM

Hello,
I good idea, is create a simple system to generate captcha in a regular time, like each hour, where the player have to text a captcha code, in this moment the character need be untouchable, and theres two options:

- right code: captcha window close and the player can still playing.
- wrong code: disconnect player and when try relog the captcha window appears again instantly, until the player send the right code.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:04 AM

bad, annoying and non effective

#3 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:37 AM

Bots?

I don't see no bots.

:eyes:

#4 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:52 AM

Would be amusing to imagine...

Until you get forced to captcha while in the middle of a heated battle/ timed instance/ mvp fight, and end up mistyping the captcha because you were rattled... then get disconnected, losing all your progress immediately :heh:

Would be worse to experience it every hour too. That would make afk-ing/vending insanely annoying.
But that's just my opinion of the idea.

There's other things that are better off as an every-hour procedure instead. For one:
GM Bot-Hunt Patrols

#5 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:00 PM

Would be amusing to imagine...

Until you get forced to captcha while in the middle of a heated battle/ timed instance/ mvp fight, and end up mistyping the captcha because you were rattled... then get disconnected, losing all your progress immediately :heh:

Would be worse to experience it every hour too. That would make afk-ing/vending insanely annoying.
But that's just my opinion of the idea.

There's other things that are better off as an every-hour procedure instead. For one:
GM Bot-Hunt Patrols

I would like to apply as a GM Bot-Hunt Patrols

me me me

#6 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:19 PM

They got many ideas, but they can't afford the development cost.

#7 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:34 PM

We need bots. Look at Chaos. When some bots are prohibited from entering, people complain about expensive supplies and Ragial lol

#8 Kishign

Kishign

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:51 PM

The simplest solution is just HWID ban, meaning they not only ban the account but also the Hardware ID associated with that account, its way harded to buy some hardware piece just to change your HWID than it is to just create another account.

But i guess they rather have a bot infested server than lose a few ghost numbers.

#9 Melcior4

Melcior4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:13 PM

We need bots. Look at Chaos. When some bots are prohibited from entering, people complain about expensive supplies and Ragial lol

i sure hope you are joking

and if you are not i sure hope you get the hammer

The simplest solution is just HWID ban, meaning they not only ban the account but also the Hardware ID associated with that account, its way harded to buy some hardware piece just to change your HWID than it is to just create another account.

But i guess they rather have a bot infested server than lose a few ghost numbers.

i can +1 that
that way it becomes too costly to erase your number 

#10 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:58 PM

Don't forget to farm lunatics for the pierrot nose since you wanna be a clown

#11 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:21 PM

does the game even collect your HWID?

if anyone that has ever setup a server before.
kindly advise.

Edited by bearl, 17 February 2020 - 06:29 PM.

#12 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:23 PM

i sure hope you are joking

and if you are not i sure hope you get the hammer

now you're joking

him getting the hammer? for that?

#13 7926170719135018827

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:47 PM

Doesn't matter what we suggest, what we do, who we report.....This company has no plans to stop bots, -_-s sad...repeating history over and over.....

#14 leinnad1991

leinnad1991

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:52 PM

It won't work since people can bot through [Removed]- Manual Login then auto pilot after

Edited by VModCinnamon, 17 February 2020 - 11:36 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed name.

#15 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:48 AM

Useless idea and the worst thing to be implemented in any kind of service. As leinnad1991 said (i guess bc it was removed), bots can still use the client, so a person botting can simply input the captcha every hour with no problem while the system annoys the hell out of legit players.

#16 shakawbr

shakawbr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:43 PM

Its a simple idea, but They can improve that system, like applying the captcha appears just when the characters headed a number X of actions in the same map or in a time....

The system cannot active in WOE, instances, etc....it obviously...btw...hope staff read this topic and get a Insight

#17 sonatta

sonatta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:55 AM

oh please i have used [Removed] to bot on many private servers before where theres capcha..like "please input to matched the color, 34 + 99 x 436 =? , mathical questions, logical question like if 3 cat fell on the tree how many cat left? etc.. NONE OF THIS WILL WORK  it so easy to bypass through plugins that solves the capcha for you.. if the bot developer managed to bypass eac gameguard.. its is so easy as abc for him to auto solve the capcha too lol 

Edited by sonatta, 21 February 2020 - 03:56 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed mention of illegal program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users