February 19th Transcendence Maintenance - Page 5 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

February 19th Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

#101 l3ofoda

l3ofoda

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:39 AM

Unfortunately there is a bug with the multi searches where users were getting items that they didn't add to their shopping carts. Were bug reporting this up and preventing the issue for now.

First of all, thank you for all the work to make this server happend. I know its a lot harder than people imagine.

But, honestly, this board change makes no sense, you solve a problem for very few players and create another for a lot of players... Me and none of my friends ever had a problem with the multiple searchs, now everyone is complaining. There must be a better solution than limiting the searchs to 1.

#102 lunestrudel

lunestrudel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:06 PM

Any news regarding opb, obb, gift boxes and hocus pocus loot table fix? 

Before adding new npcs, could there be a test if it's actually recognizing VIP or not? I mean this "bug" happened with a lot of NPCs, it should be at least tested before you put something new that usually requires VIP.

#103 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:44 PM

seriously been asking for weeks every maint notice about opb/obb/oca and gets ignored everytime

#104 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:51 PM

We will not ban by automated programs as that removes the human from the decision making process. However we do not need to test every account individually in order to ban them. We will routinely remove accounts associated with tested accounts through different means. Detecting, rejecting logins, and other tasks by automated programs we do allow for.

Dear Campitor,

The use of illegally logging in botting programs falls under the definition of hacking.  When enough

evidence is acquired to ban accounts, I suggest an additional check be made.  This check will be

done by having the GMs and bot hunters forward the packet of information on the ban of that set

of bots and their accounts.   This packet is forwarded to community managers for review to verify

that there is an abundant excess of overlapping evidence covering the proof of botting.  Then this

is reviewed by the corporate lawyer and a lawyer letter about hacking of services is sent to the ISP

for those accounts.  The lawyer letter can request Terms of Service Violation Shutdown of those accounts as

most ISP have Terms of Service that forbid hacking.

As you've heard in the past, banning bots means they just make new accounts.   But they cannot

make new accounts if their Terms of Service violation got their account closed because they had 10 or more

separate hacking lawyer letters sent to them over say a four month period.  Let's hope it doesn't

take that many lawyer letters as I only whipped that number out for the sake of discussion here.

#105 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:19 AM

I hope there's news regarding woe this week....

#106 exploiter

exploiter

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:48 AM

if you bring this NPC to RT, can you add silver/gold/diamond rings to it?

4UNFcrr.gif

#107 LothVital

LothVital

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:41 AM

1. Honestly? Right now were preparing to tear down all the server hardware and reinstall it again across the city. Expected downtime for this move is 2/24-2/26. Included in this is a disaster recovery plan just in case something goes insanely wrong.

2. The GMs should be much much more visible hunting going forward. A test of an EAC update is underway and if it goes well we will ask for it to be applied to live.

3. Sakray will be up once the server move is finished.

4. New headgears are being prepared to hopefully release with the fever field. There are no plans to make them require Silvervine or Jellystar.

Campitor, can you update us about Sakray, it should be online isn't?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users