#1 SaltySailor

SaltySailor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:37 PM

I've been playing RT since the open beta and so far I am very disappointed with what has been given to the community in terms of content and the reaction to issues by Warp Portal staff and forum dictators. From how I understood it the game was supposed to be classic in style with only transcendent classes and no 3rd jobs. What we got was a renewal system without transcendent classes, modern episodes, extended classes, doram, etc. RT has limited to zero direction with no major content additions planned. To prevent TLDR, I will sum up why the current game needs to be fixed before I continue to spend time on this game.

Content

RT is missing so many game locations and dungeons that it is almost laughable. Content is at bare bones, and nothing has been said to how this is going to be resolved. The only thing that has been said (CM Astra), is that one day we will have 3rd jobs. So far the only thing you can really do in game is grind. The name of the server is Transcendence, yet we have no option to transcend.

EXP Scale

Renewal mechanics cause EXP earned from monsters to be scaled based on the monsters and players level. Since most monsters are scaled so much higher than that of the player, this causes a couple of problems, but most noticeably, if you kill a monster that is much higher level than you are you won't receive anything for it. Best example: You need to be level 80+ (That's 19 level away from max on our server) in order to kill Anolian's to get exp worth while.

Monsters

The current monsters that we have in game on RT are based on the max level of 175 (stats can go past 99 once base level is > 99). The max player level in RT is 99 with the max stat for each attribute being 99. Self explanatory really; can't compete with stuff you should easily be able to kill.

Skills (Cast time)

Due to the expanded level cap in renewal, it easier than ever to invest those once precious attribute points into dex. As a result almost all classes were able to instant cast their skills. What did Gravity do? They modified cast times to have a fixed and variable cast time. The variable cast time can be removed by pumping huge amount of points into dex where as the fixed cast time was designed to be be just that, fixed. This caused the game to be slowed down a little as basically no one had to contend with the variable cast time and only had to worry about fixed. What is happening on RT is that people still have to put points into dex to help mitigate the variable cast time, but still cannot remove it all together as they simply do not have enough stat points to do so. This essentially makes wizards and sages all but useless. Once we finally have WoE this fact with be even more apparent.

Items

What items?

To deal with higher level monsters you need better items, better items that we do not have, and some items that can only be equipped by trans classes are not in the game. The new items that are available in renewal do ever so important features like removing fixed cast times, increasing defense, and increase utility, etc. This issue is exasperated by the lack of content that is in the game.

WoE

No WoE available.

EAC

Chaos was closed for 2 months to implement EAC and RT launched with EAC. This was promised to be fix to the bot problem the game constantly faced. EAC has failed.

I've already spent to much time writing this. It's probably just going to be deleted by VGod anyway.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:48 PM

VGod will allow this, feedback is always appreciated.

#3 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:37 PM

Dude, the server is 3 months old

The only thing I think they should have added (on launch) was the skill rebalance. But all the other things are okay for a fresh server.

#4 SaltySailor

SaltySailor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:00 PM

The game is 18 years old.

#5 willyFF7

willyFF7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:10 PM

I'm okay with no transcend option yet... but I heard it's coming around April, that's too damn long and a bad month, so many other better games launching then, this transcend patch should be placed around March, cuz there's nothing much to do between now and then.

#6 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:33 PM

From how I understood it the game was supposed to be classic in style with only transcendent classes and no 3rd jobs. What we got was a renewal system without transcendent classes

I do not remember seeing any official post saying that the server would use classic mechanics, in fact the answer was that the server would be similar to RO: zero with some changes and as far as I know RO: zero uses renewal mechanics.

#7 Urouge

Urouge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:49 PM

This server is not even 3 months old. The only thing accurate about this post is your name. Salty.

Anyways, more accurately the exp system is refreshing to say the least. Prevents dumb things like "best way" exp leveling. Pre renewal exp content was like make an archer and leech 11 characters in frames with a couple buddies and suddenly everyone is 60+. Now you have options. Fight something in range and explore different places to level. Just because something is not the way your used to does not make it worse. It is just different. Yes it is odd to have monsters that are like level 110+. But they will have their places in time.

Woe availability usually ends up being a couple months so people can gear / level up and whatnot. Some of us do not grind 24/7 and takes us a bit longer.

The item content is fine. If your struggling to kill something its probably not your items.

I will agree that there needs to be more content updates. I was hoping for fever fields and some other places opening up sooner rather than later. But again they will come eventually.

Peace

#8 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:55 PM

Only way to truly quit is to give away everything. You can trade me in east pront all gear, zeny and anything else you have. We will miss you...

#9 kebryi

kebryi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:59 PM

lol... it was not use to be call transcend class. it was call rebirth class hence why you becomes a novice. 

#10 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:01 PM

Urouge u just cracked me up when u said the only thing accurate about this post is your name. Savage LMAOO

#11 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:31 PM

Whoa whoa, stop that. We are not yet there.

#12 leinnad1991

leinnad1991

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:08 PM

The server is not yet 3 months old and by april there will be trans I believe? That's pretty fast imo and prerenewal exp and attack(card percentage )mechanics is trash. Just old players value nostalgia than balance in mechanics.  

#13 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:13 PM

VGod  :heh:

come chaos we happy few here

#14 5584171015142815377

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:20 PM

what we're getting 3rd classes. please no. why even bother implementing them at all. it doesn't appeal to the type of players who want to play pre renewal classes anyway. 

3rd Jobs completely change the way the game is played. I'm not saying its bad. It can be fun in its own way, but you shouldn't be making servers that appeal to players who prefer trans classes at most over 3rd jobs. It just defeats the point.

stop trying to convert us to renewal. its not going to work. renewal has its player base, we have ours. The closest pre re players will ever get to renewal is this or revo classic. 

#15 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:35 PM

It was never said anywhere that RoT would be using classic balancing.

And to be honest... classic balance is so janky and so heavily encouraged extreme glass cannon builds that I can't say I miss classic much.

I've always said that renewal stat and card multiplier balancing feels a lot better for first and second jobs.

The balance of the pre-third job skills on the other hand... definitely could have used an overhaul, but renewal was all about third jobs and balancing skills around them so they didn't give a damn about that.

Thankfully that's finally coming, ten years late, but there you go.

And cast time was changed to what it is in renewal because the old system was hilariously broken and unintended.

This is also why they're taking the nerf bat to the bard hardcore in the rebalance, and with the changes to cast time across the board and suffragium in the rebalance magic strings isn't going to be necessary anyway.

No, in a world where third jobs don't exist this doesn't make wizards and sages useless.

Back before renewal and everyone having 100 in every stat SG hurt and caused freeze, meteor storm hurt and caused stun, lord of vermilion caused blind and the worst position lag in history, and anyone who died to the damage of these spells alone weren't worthy of taking a castle anyway.

#16 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:35 PM

But RoT is Renewal ... Dont worry. I dont think RoT will last that long to see 3rd classes. 

#17 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:41 PM

There's a conversation to be had about that Exp Scale and hunting monsters on the edge of your exp range (max 30 lvls away).

There's just a point where it starts to become inefficient, you know?

Getting the highest exp per kill doesn't always imply you get the best exp rate per minute.

Going for a real example:

As a lvl 25 archer, you are already in range to recieve 115% exp from Greatest Generals (lvl 55), but you are also within range to maintain 100%~ exp from Bigfoot (lvl 29).
Supposedly, Greatest General would give around 7??+ exp per kill, while Bigfoot gives around 3??+ exp.
With not enough hit and too low dmg, lvling at GG would be slow and painful. Not to mention they can bicch slap you to insta-dedth if you walk too close.
While on the other hand, Bigfoot can be taken down easily, even with just 1-2 DS.
At some point, you could easily kill 2-4 BF in the same amount of time it takes you to kill 1 GG, with less effort.
This would mean lvling at BF would be more efficient for you compared to trying to brute-force things to happen with GG.

someone else could probably do a more accurate comparison.

As far as I'm concerned, the exp scale is fair and extending it any further would just be pushing things too far.

Also, if players were using monsters 50+ lvls above them to level, then that can only mean there's something wrong with how the game was designed or how the characters are balanced. (Yeah, I know how ironic this sounds coming from a trapper main in RT's environment : p)

Edited by ninJedi, 19 February 2020 - 10:47 PM.

#18 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:50 PM

I'd like to be a Doram priest, hunter, knight, ect.  Summoner probably won't be in since it was balanced with 3rd class capabilities in mind, but lets have Doram normal classes

#19 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:02 PM

Also, if players were using monsters 50+ lvls above them to level, then that can only mean there's something wrong with how the game was designed or how the characters are balanced. (Yeah, I know how ironic this sounds coming from a trapper main in RT's environment : p)

This is exactly how mages leveled back in classic.

Learn fire bolt lv10, go hit up geographers.

What else were you going to fight when your most basic spell takes literally ten seconds to cast and every other monster is either cast sensor or aggro on sight?

On the other hand int matk scaling was so absurd you could go fight geographers.

It basically forced extreme int/dex builds and I'm glad the current system doesn't.

Although first and second job spells do less damage post renewal than back then thanks to lower matk scaling, it also doesn't take two and a half eternities to cast a spell without 99 base dex anymore.

Edited by Krispin2, 19 February 2020 - 11:04 PM.

#20 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:21 PM

Where exactly did this "confirmation of 3rd classes coming to RT" come from, exactly..?

Like most of the other points in the op, most of these seem misinformed ._.

#21 5584171015142815377

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:24 AM

Where exactly did this "confirmation of 3rd classes coming to RT" come from, exactly..?

Like most of the other points in the op, most of these seem misinformed ._.

I would honestly like some damn clarity. I'm so tired of reading so many different opinions. I know Camp and crew are busy, but someone needs to take the time to clarify what this servers progression timeline is and what its' goals are.

especially when the content updates are appearing to be like someone threw darts at map of rune midgard to decide what comes next. Like seriously, Abyss before Einbroch? laughable. 

#22 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:49 AM

Rome is not built in 1 day. Give the server some time. Gravity need money to implement those new contents tho.  :Emo_16:

#23 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:19 AM

No, however it's been near 17 years and we're still years behind kRO. What makes you think that RoT won't be the same?

#24 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:19 PM

WP, IRO is not for the weak.

Another one bites the dust.

LOL

#25 ShoLin

ShoLin