Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:02 PM

hey guys i'm building a sin with critical katar
i`m a bit lost about the most optimal weapon i should lookout for
what do you think is best

- Jur[3] +10crit or +2 aspd

( i own a +8crit jur already)

- katar [2] +12crit or +2 aspd

or either +25% crit damage

the thing is i want to pair it with a sidewinder and a paper card, but that way i cant put a soldier skeleton in the Katar[2]. I dont know by how much that will compromise my crit rate.
i've seen some sins using jur[3] with Sw, 2x SS, but using a jur [3] wont reduce your overall damage by a large margin?

what do you guys suggest me?

#2 xintz

xintz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Soul Society

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:36 PM

I've plugged in the calcs and seems like +10Jur[3] +2ASPD with sw, ss, paper yields the highest damage output. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong tho..

#3 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:02 AM

if you are a assassin the Jur [3] is your best friend, you will get way more out of that 3rd card slot then you will with any other katar, also it is easy to get crit so just go with the 2aspd.

katar_shark_small.png

Edited by ShekelShark, 24 February 2020 - 06:02 AM.

#4 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:27 AM

Using compare.irowiki.org, it looks to me like you'll get a lot more mileage out of a properly rolled Katar [2].  ASPD +2, Crit Damage, and Crit Rate options all give more damage on the Katar in every calculation I've done.

That being said, while the DPS difference is significant (10~20%, roughly), it relies on getting a decent roll on your second line of the Katar. You'll still get perfectly respectable damage on the Jur, so if you want to skip that RNG hell, you'll be more than fine.

This also assumes you can get your crit rate high enough that you don't need to use Soldier Skeleton cards at all. Personally, I think the card is awful, so I avoid it like the plague. 2x Kobold + Hair Brush +  a decent amount of Luck will give you a good chunk of crit rate on its own. You can make up the rest right now with a Green Maiden card if you're rich (if you're planning on using The Paper cards, I assume you're making money somehow), or be patient and wait for Fever Fields to get some Crit Shoes.

If you're using The Paper cards, Crit rate enchants will give you more DPS than ASPD +2 as well, assuming you don't have over 100 crit. But with Fever Field shoes giving a potential 20 crit (40 for Katars), getting over 100 should be hilariously easy, so in the long run ASPD will probably give you more mileage.

#5 nicholasles90

nicholasles90

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:35 PM

If you are using Jur[3] +2aspd. You will need to choose 1 Side Winder + 2 The Paper card for the best damage output. I personally reached 188 (Will be 189 soon)

If you are choosing Katar[2], you will need Critical Dmg +25% with 1 Side Winder + 1 The Paper, this will nett you higher attack damage but however, you will lose out ASPD compared to Jur [3]. 

You dont need to worry about critical rate, 100% critical rate is easily achievable by using Abrasive, which will grant you a total of 60 (30 on stat window) upon usage.

Overall, Jur[3] is the winner if you are looking for DPS.

#6 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:29 PM

If you are choosing Katar[2], you will need Critical Dmg +25% with 1 Side Winder + 1 The Paper, this will nett you higher attack damage but however, you will lose out ASPD compared to Jur [3]. 

What about Katar[2] with ASPD+2 and 1 Sidewinder + 1 The Paper instead? Is the crit% DMG really better whan 2 aspd?

#7 nicholasles90

nicholasles90

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:06 PM

What about Katar[2] with ASPD+2 and 1 Sidewinder + 1 The Paper instead? Is the crit% DMG really better whan 2 aspd?

Yes i tried both of them. Jur[3] is better since you are able to slot another The Paper card, therefore additional 20% Crit. Dam. With the right stats towards higher STR, you will do more DPS.

Of course, it depends on your overall enchantment as well.

#8 WhyUs

WhyUs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:21 AM

Using compare.irowiki.org, it looks to me like you'll get a lot more mileage out of a properly rolled Katar [2]. ASPD +2, Crit Damage, and Crit Rate options all give more damage on the Katar in every calculation I've done.

That being said, while the DPS difference is significant (10~20%, roughly), it relies on getting a decent roll on your second line of the Katar. You'll still get perfectly respectable damage on the Jur, so if you want to skip that RNG hell, you'll be more than fine.

This also assumes you can get your crit rate high enough that you don't need to use Soldier Skeleton cards at all. Personally, I think the card is awful, so I avoid it like the plague. 2x Kobold + Hair Brush + a decent amount of Luck will give you a good chunk of crit rate on its own. You can make up the rest right now with a Green Maiden card if you're rich (if you're planning on using The Paper cards, I assume you're making money somehow), or be patient and wait for Fever Fields to get some Crit Shoes.

If you're using The Paper cards, Crit rate enchants will give you more DPS than ASPD +2 as well, assuming you don't have over 100 crit. But with Fever Field shoes giving a potential 20 crit (40 for Katars), getting over 100 should be hilariously easy, so in the long run ASPD will probably give you more mileage.

Where do you get info on fever field equipments list???

#9 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:20 AM

Where do you get info on fever field equipments list???

https://forums.warpp...0-fever-fields/

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:04 PM

Rule of thumb is: your enchant ideally should be equal to/stronger than what a card would offer you that you don't need to slot in anymore.

ex: crit6, is usable and nice, but it's weaker than a soldier skeleton card.

You can also calculate the impact of aspd on your dps by doing a rule of 3 with your attacks per second value

1/[(200-aspd)/50]

ex: 185 aspd = 3,3333.... atk/s
      187 aspd = 3,846 atk/s

3,846/3,333 = 1,1539 or 15,39% DPS increase

Edited by Ashuckel, 28 February 2020 - 02:09 PM.

#11 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:40 PM

I got a sidewinder card this week and I'm really afraid to use it. I'm a poor casual player so this one has to count. I'd hate it to put it on a Jur just to realize that Katar would be better.

But I'm gessing +APSD Jur is the winner here, tho getting 2 (or even 1) paper card seems a bit unrealistic

#12 WhyUs

WhyUs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 06:27 PM

https://forums.warpp...0-fever-fields/

I dont see any shoes giving crit stat

#13 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:49 PM

Literally the first image of the linked thread

#14 Melcior4

Melcior4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:07 AM

Ok
i did some testing with a +10 jur with 3 paper card versus a +9 katar with 2 paper cards on Iro wiki status calculator / monster combat simulation
assuming in the future we have other means to double crit and both with a +2 aspd option (that would be the most expensive to get with cards)

i got to the conclusion that against either low lvl monsters or higher ones (tested against poring and abysmal knighs)

the critical damage of the katar would beat that of the jur by a small amount (100 against porings, about 70 against AK)

so the higher damage of the katar would actually compensate the extra paper card

so i guess i will roll with a +2 aspd katar in the future when rachel gets implemented (i wont waste my time for hunting for capped 10 desert wolfs per map, as of today)
i wont invest in Skel soldier cards, i too think that their boost is achieavable throughout other means 

what are your thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users