• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 HocusPokus

HocusPokus

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

okay so i decided to come back to dragonica(dragon saga) and i am having issues finding a guide for the kngiht character and i cant seem to find any guides that are worth anything or give in detail on building a PvE knight pathed character ive done lots of research and all the guides i find are lacking links or all the links are broken i was wondering if any one can help me in building a pve knight char. any help on this would be greatly appreciated and hopefuly all the help thats given can be stickied and used to produce a proper guide to help all the new commers and other players that decided to go knight.

The foloowing links ive used for researching and examples:
http://forums.warppo...knight-training
http://forums.warppo...__fromsearch__1
http://forums.warppo...705-goon-guides
http://forums.warppo...__fromsearch__1
http://forums.warppo...night-pve-build
http://forums.warppo...-builds-dragoon
http://forum.iahgame...ead.php?t=40301
http://forum.iahgame...ead.php?t=64836
http://forum.iahgame...ad.php?p=199213
http://dragonica.wik...iator_PvE_guide

#2 HocusPokus

HocusPokus

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:40 AM

bumping for hope >.<

#3 HocusPokus

HocusPokus

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

wow 50 views and not even one single post of encouragement or assitance, whats wrong with this games community? O_O i expected a troll or somthing by now atleast lol...

#4 Graythrone

Graythrone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:17 AM

the only thing i can tell you is if you are looking mostly for pve, then knight probably isn't your best choice, but i will tell you what skills i used to pve when my knight was 3x.

first, the curious thing is, the mobs are almost always in ground of 6~8, in missions, in maps, whatever, and in the early stages, they would all die from stormblade. now there are two ways to clear a mob in a flash:
1. keeping aerial smackdown at lvl 1, using it and storm blade kills off 5 mobs, then broom jab the rest if you can for a finish. this is what i did.
2. spent a few skill points and get aerial smack down up, launch them all, and storm blade.

now you may ask why aerial smackdown. it is fast, it's got big launch radius, comparable to high lvl pressure, fast, small mp cost... need i say more?

as for leveling places, i would stick to F6 cavern of doom MM in full party and dailies, do the hidden map quests as they give good exp.

Edited by Graythrone, 10 January 2011 - 10:18 AM.

#5 HocusPokus

HocusPokus

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

the only thing i can tell you is if you are looking mostly for pve, then knight probably isn't your best choice, but i will tell you what skills i used to pve when my knight was 3x.

first, the curious thing is, the mobs are almost always in ground of 6~8, in missions, in maps, whatever, and in the early stages, they would all die from stormblade. now there are two ways to clear a mob in a flash:
1. keeping aerial smackdown at lvl 1, using it and storm blade kills off 5 mobs, then broom jab the rest if you can for a finish. this is what i did.
2. spent a few skill points and get aerial smack down up, launch them all, and storm blade.

now you may ask why aerial smackdown. it is fast, it's got big launch radius, comparable to high lvl pressure, fast, small mp cost... need i say more?

as for leveling places, i would stick to F6 cavern of doom MM in full party and dailies, do the hidden map quests as they give good exp.

what about levels above 30+ like a full build of skills u can show me cause all t he links i tried all the builds they had were not able to be shown cause of the links being broken, whats wrong with knight for pve? high hp high def and moderate dmg sounds like a tank >.< a more pve oriented class?

Edited by HocusPokus, 10 January 2011 - 10:42 AM.

#6 HocusPokus

HocusPokus

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

bump for more help

#7 Graythrone

Graythrone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

what about levels above 30+ like a full build of skills u can show me cause all t he links i tried all the builds they had were not able to be shown cause of the links being broken, whats wrong with knight for pve? high hp high def and moderate dmg sounds like a tank >.< a more pve oriented class?

more pve oriented class would be like War Mage and Harle, but i'll post up a build:

warrior:
lvl 1 thrust
lvl 3 cutdown
lvl 5 stormblade
lvl 1 air combo launch
lvl 1 relaunch
lvl 1 sword dance

NO HAMMERS because i hate hammer spamming, and hammer lock and locks in general are just noob in pvp. Locks should only be used on classes like Hlt stacked shaman or WM.

knight:
lvl 1 aerial smack down
lvl 1 shoulder tackle
lvl 5 broom jab -your only nice attack skill for a while, im sure everyone will pour points into it.
lvl 1 pressure
lvl 5 spin it bear -lvl 5 give 5 hits with 5 seconds cool down, bear + storm blades typically demolish a mob of 7 or 8 easily, and this skills is one of your best skill against bosses, the mp cost is steep tho.
lvl 5 shield mastery
lvl 5 parry
lvl 1 aerial blow
lvl 1 impervious -the cool down is half the duration in all lvls, don't see why pour point into it

NO REVENGE because, again, it is noob in pvp, and it's useless in pve. Bottom line: DON'T USE IT
the big head buff doesn't give enough def, and the HP %+ buff and passive means nothing in pvp, as for pve, you have enough hp if you just stick to hlt gear. sometimes lower hp is good since you take 8% damage from traps, and more max hp = more damage taken.

paladin:
~lvl 1 armor mastery -the % def up apply to base def, there for wouldn't give enough def to worth the points.
~lvl 5 iron skin -this passive, on the other hand, do give enough def for point worth
~lvl 5 barricade*
~lvl 5 -_-roach life*
* it is questionable to have both of these skills, but they are absolute life savers in large groups, BSQ, or ~against players higher lvled, combined with high hlt you can just annoying people by staying alive. If you don't want both, i suggest you get barricade lvl 5, sure it doesn't instantly bring you out of the red like roach, but it give damage decrease, effect similar to impervious, cure to get ride of debuffs, and slow heal to regenerate hp*
~lvl 3 armor break -amazing skill, decrease def with a bang, hits ground mobs, and even have a knock down effect after lvl 3
~lvl 1 joint beat -while the debuffs do seem good, it's not worth it, armor break is more worthy of extra points
~lvl 1 weapon suspension -stops atking, sounds good, but not as useful as you would think. it's faster to flat out crush the mob with armor break and cross cut. in pvp players hit with this skill became unlaunchable and unable to be knocked down for some seconds, which make it a complete combo destroyer.
~lvl 2 weapon crusher -the description says it knocks down at lvl 5, but imo, 4 knockdown skills(sword dance, armor break, broom jab, cross cut) are more than enough
~lvl 5 cross cut -your bread and butter, mobs hate it, other players hate it, but you love it
~lvl 1 aura initiation
~lvl 5 timer reversal -i know i say locks are noob, but there are classes that's infallible except through locks *cough shaman cough WM cough hlt stacking cough*, and here is your best complement to locks, allow you to spam your skills faster. in pve, faster castes means faster boss death. only downside is MP draining, so prepare mp potion for pve and even int gear for pvp.

based on the simulator i used, this build is doable at lvl 60 with like no skill point +1, but i highly recommand you go out and do hunter G dailies, all ten of them. you get exp, and the skill point +1s are invaluable to upgrading your dragoon skills, all of them should be lvl 5ed except the ultimate skill. each lvl up on the dragoon skills +1 hits to the skill, so lvl 1 rolling ground hit 9 times, lvl 5 hits like 13 times. Happy killings :D

Man, ended up typing an essay, but there you go. NOW GO PLAY AND STOP BUMP FOR HELP! :D

Edited by Graythrone, 10 January 2011 - 03:05 PM.

#8 HocusPokus

HocusPokus

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:14 PM

thank you http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif this is what was needed for me and all other players in my shoes http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif thanks again this has been greatly appreciated

now does any one have any other tips on this build or is it nice http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

Edited by HocusPokus, 10 January 2011 - 03:18 PM.

#9 papapap

papapap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationWhere I live
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vvyren

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

I Have Shoulder Tackle at 3 just for low launch mobs but there are other options so it isnt needed.

#10 Graythrone

Graythrone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

I Have Shoulder Tackle at 3 just for low launch mobs but there are other options so it isnt needed.

best low launch skill: aerial smack down :D
also, by the time you get armor break to lvl 3, you'll be doing ground combo all the time xD

#11 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

wow 50 views and not even one single post of encouragement or assitance, whats wrong with this games community? O_O i expected a troll or somthing by now atleast lol...

The reason is because it doesn't matter what skills you get for PvE.

#12 HocusPokus

HocusPokus

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

The reason is because it doesn't matter what skills you get for PvE.

and why is that?

#13 Graythrone

Graythrone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:34 AM

and why is that?

well... since your skills should be build based on your pvp needs, and usually those skills will do just fine in pvp. Note when i made my suggestions i had a lot of skills neglected because they are useless in PVP. it is pretty much the same way for all classes

#14 HocusPokus

HocusPokus

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

well... since your skills should be build based on your pvp needs, and usually those skills will do just fine in pvp. Note when i made my suggestions i had a lot of skills neglected because they are useless in PVP. it is pretty much the same way for all classes

but i dont get why use pvp skills if u need to pve to level?

#15 Graythrone

Graythrone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

but i dont get why use pvp skills if u need to pve to level?

let's put it this way, people only use the best skills to pvp, and only spent points in those skills. Just so happens those skills works for pve too. Kinda make no sense to use a skill that's only useful for one while there are skills that's good for both pvp and pve. Also, consider you have limited skill points, it makes even less sense to go for skills that's only pve or only pvp.

#16 Tarmendeos

Tarmendeos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

Other reason: PvE is laughably easy compared to PvP.

The only skills you would get for PvP that would see nearly no use in PvE are, if Graythrone's fancy list wasn't enough:

Revenge (upcoming nerf, boring as hell skill)
'roach Life (items heal for more in PvE)

Other skills remain just as useful in PvE as they are in PvP, and thus builds don't really differentiate between the two.

Honestly though, you could go through the entire game with just Cutdown and Aerial Smackdown.

#17 Graythrone

Graythrone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

Other reason: PvE is laughably easy compared to PvP.

The only skills you would get for PvP that would see nearly no use in PvE are, if Graythrone's fancy list wasn't enough:

Revenge (upcoming nerf, boring as hell skill)
'roach Life (items heal for more in PvE)

Other skills remain just as useful in PvE as they are in PvP, and thus builds don't really differentiate between the two.

Honestly though, you could go through the entire game with just Cutdown and Aerial Smackdown.

slowly but i would say it's doable, :D
throw in some storm blade and you got yourself a basic launch air combo :rolleyes:

#18 HocusPokus

HocusPokus

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

so then since builds dont matter, what do you two prefer for pvp builds? =P then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users