patch problems - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

patch problems

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 johngone

johngone

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:17 AM

alright... so i used to play RO a lot last year. as school started i couldnt anymore cuz of homework and such. we got a new computer and the game was deleted. I re-downloaded the client and started it up again to play it. I know how the patch opens up and loads before you can play if there are any, and of course, there were a lot. the patching was going fine until one big file can up.

2009-12-8data_gm_132.rgz

this is WAY bigger than all the other ones and ive tried and retried about 4 or 5 times and after the file unpacks, it says that it failed to get it. it just sits saying it FAILED!!! grah!

im wondering why this is happening and what to do about it...?
thx

#2 johngone

johngone

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:37 AM

ok, i just checked the vista thread (thats what im using btw), and im gonna retry with the admin thing on. we will see how things go now... mua ha ha ha !

#3 johngone

johngone

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:31 PM

yea... it still didnt work...

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

Try patching manually.

http://irowiki.org/w...nts_and_Patches

I think you're stuck on the Ash Vacuum Patches.

#5 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:03 AM

You can try to cut+copy the contents of the RO folder into a new folder on your desktop, patch as admin, and go from there. And disable UAC. Sadly the vista thread I made can't be foolproof <3

#6 johngone

johngone

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

yea, it worked, thx guys

#7 IIBII

IIBII

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

John, what ended up working for you, because i seem to be having the same problem

#8 Thor39

Thor39

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

i got exactly the same problem too, but im not using vista, im on win xp
so i downloaded the manual patch "iRO_ver13.2_standalone_patch-20091207-1403.exe" from the iRO official server,
i ran the file then a file "2009-12-8data_gm_132.rgz" comes up, i copied it to the "C:\Program Files\Gravity\RagnarokOnline folder",
i run again Ragnarok Online from my desktop, but still patching again,
above the manual patch download link, theres note that more information about manual patch can be read at the FAQ, where the FAQ is it? seems no link to that anywhere, then how to manually patch it?

Edited by Thor39, 17 August 2010 - 08:12 PM.

#9 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:24 AM

alright... so i used to play RO a lot last year. as school started i couldnt anymore cuz of homework and such. we got a new computer and the game was deleted. I re-downloaded the client and started it up again to play it. I know how the patch opens up and loads before you can play if there are any, and of course, there were a lot. the patching was going fine until one big file can up.

2009-12-8data_gm_132.rgz

this is WAY bigger than all the other ones and ive tried and retried about 4 or 5 times and after the file unpacks, it says that it failed to get it. it just sits saying it FAILED!!! grah!

im wondering why this is happening and what to do about it...?
thx

manually patching is a big can of worms. i will copy and paste how i worked through this with someone else.

i went over this for a few hours with someone actually. what resolved it for him was running the patch client from another location, like a starbucks or his friends house. if your internet drops the connection even a bit or its wireless, sometimes it loses its link with the RO download site (basically).

you can try updating from another location, or installing it and patching it on another computer (either at another location or directly connected to your home internet not via wireless) and then copying it back to your original computer (probably using a USB key both times).

Edited by Ultimate, 19 August 2010 - 06:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users