Suggestion: re-roll of options - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion: re-roll of options

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lunestrudel

lunestrudel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:10 AM

I would like to bring the suggestion of re-rolling stats of some weapons. Like, for example, lvl 3/4 weapons that are rare, mvp/mini boss, etc.

This re-roll could be only once, and with no guarantee that the other stats would be nice. It's just a bummer to get a rarer drop and know that the weapon is almost worthless because it doesn't have a good roll. This could be done only once, it could use certain catalysts (perhaps mvp/mini boss drops?) and maybe zeny?

For example, let's say you drop a wizardry staff which is by no means an easy drop. And then, you get, I don't know, agi+3 on it (just an example). I wouldn't mind investind a bit in trying to re-roll it just to see what I get, even if the chances of getting something else good is also pretty random.

Edited by lunestrudel, 17 March 2020 - 09:22 AM.

#2 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:15 AM

This would be really nice, but it would need a proper catalyst/consumed item to make it fair game-design-wise.

My suggestion:
Use spare equipment(the same item-type/ID) to re-roll the options of the main item
Example:
Using extra Bow[4][bad options] to re-roll the options of +10 Bow [4carded][options].
Here, the unrefined bow[4] with bad options is consumed for 1 re-roll attempt and additional attempts may be made if the player has more bows[4].

I believe this would also help solve the problem of players getting stuck with multiple items with bad options and being unable to find a good use for them.

As an alternative, they could also use those planned Jellostar-something for re-rolling options of rare drops

Edited by ninJedi, 17 March 2020 - 10:45 AM.

#3 lunestrudel

lunestrudel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:25 AM

This would be really nice, but it would need a proper catalyst/consumed item to make it fair game-design-wise.

My suggestion:
Use spare equipment(the same item-type/ID) to re-roll the options of the main item
Example:
Using extra Bow[4][bad options] to re-roll the options of +10 Bow [4carded][options].
Here, the unrefined bow[4] with bad options is consumed for 1 re-roll attempt and additional attempts may be attempted if the player has more bows[4].

I believe this would also help solve the problem of players getting stuck with multiple items with bad options and being unable to find a good use for them.

As an alternative, they could also use those planned Jellostar-something for re-rolling options of rare drops

This is also a nice option! Perhaps there could be workarounds for lower level/more common drops. At least it would give a purpose for weapons that have terrible rolls or are worth nothing. Since you can't even sell them on npc....

#4 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 March 2020 - 01:38 PM

Imo, there should be a system in place for re-rolling the numeric values rather than the options. Option RNG provides replay and rarity/usefulness tiers. But the numeric amounts hinder the true value if you find it.

If you find a bow that offers... let's say, Atk and Aspd. Maybe the figures are low or out of balance (maybe high atk and the lowest aspd). Then you can offer a 1m zeny fee to reroll the values of said things and can continue dumping zeny in until the desired stat figures are there.

This would then retain the point of farming for your ideal weapon; whilst, giving an option to perfect it should you finally find it.

#5 5584171015142815377

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:33 PM

I'm personally not a fan of re rolls. I think the current system is fine. It makes drops more exciting. Keep in mind all the gear drops had their drop chance massively increased. Bone wands, tridents, arbalest bows, etc are all much higher than the card rate they were before to compensate for the enchant system. 

And because enchants are essentially a bonus compared to before that is a net power gain for literally everyone. 

I don't think the system needs changes, and I'm pretty sure there's no feasible way to change the system anyway. The enchants are generated on drop. You could make it work like Geffen Magic Tourney in renewal where you can endlessly re roll, but I think thats overall bad for the health of the server.

Keep in mind that people playing the game and farming is a GOOD thing. Getting -_- drops, unlucky cards, etc. is all part of the game. Its why we keep grinding and trying and trying. If we didn't have a reason to keep grinding then I just don't see the server lasting very long. People are already very geared. Getting those rare enchants is pretty much all they have left. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users