March 18th Transcendence Maintenance - Page 2 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

March 18th Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
178 replies to this topic

#26 lunestrudel

lunestrudel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:48 AM

Soft reset is ok. Stat reset... Please, only bring that in with rebalance (since it will be necessary regardless). People that leveled WoE/forgers/brewers shouldn't  have their effort diminished. 

Edited by lunestrudel, 18 March 2020 - 06:49 AM.

#27 5584171015142815377

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:05 AM

Stat resets are absolutely needed.

Woe builds are not leveling builds. 

or you could do what we all do, and leech your woe characters that can't level themselves. It's part of the process. Either accept it or lose in woe because you are too lazy to leech yourself. 

#28 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:08 AM

Ah ... wonder how WP will handle this. Whichever side they take action, there will be angry people.

#29 SettlerofCatan

SettlerofCatan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:09 AM

Im not a woe player, so it doesn't matter for me. 

Plus, what woe? woe isn't even on the server yet.

Just helping argue for stat resets, cause they're useful.

If you don't have the means to leech yourself, cause you're

1. poor and cant gear a 2nd class/account

2. busy with work/school

then you should have the ability to stat reset. 

#30 GFStorm

GFStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:11 AM

Ah ... wonder how WP will handle this. Whichever side they take action, there will be angry people.

I hope it's the fairer side

the reset of stats that some want is just a way to circumvent the system to have a build difficult to have

#31 Sukirai

Sukirai

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:55 AM

Would it be possible to include pics of the costume headgears on these posts?

#32 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:09 AM

2. busy with work/school

This is the easiest server in the history of iro to hit 99, you can leech yourself 90-99 in 5~ hours. 5 hours on original RO is 5-10% of 98. 

Edited by AaronP2W, 18 March 2020 - 08:09 AM.

#33 WhyUs

WhyUs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:15 AM

This is the easiest server in the history of iro to hit 99, you can leech yourself 90-99 in 5~ hours. 5 hours on original RO is 5-10% of 98. 

anolian?

#34 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:34 AM

the reset of stats that some want is just a way to circumvent the system to have a build difficult to have

Have you played other MMO's? Did you know that in the vast majority of them you can choose different builds and you can always switch when you want? 
Only Ragnarok Online still maintains this crude method of being stuck in a build just because some players want to suffer to level a craft character.
And well, I respect if you think it's fair or unfair but it doesn't have to be a rule just because you think so

#35 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:45 AM

2. busy with work/school

If I don't have the means to get good gear and zeny cause I'm busy with work/school should I get free -_- too?

#36 SettlerofCatan

SettlerofCatan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:47 AM

When did i ever say free? lol

Im a proponent of the old method. 8 reset stones = a stat reset, where reset stones are cash items, or in game farming items like 40 OPBs

Again, agree to disagree. I find stat resets very useful, and should be put in the game. Clearly half of you don't think so, as you can leech yourself to 99 EZmode. 

Edited by SettlerofCatan, 18 March 2020 - 08:52 AM.

#37 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:57 AM

Im actually kind of siding with no reset. That is, players need to make a PvM char first, then use that PvM to level their WoE char or whatever a weird random build they wanna test out.

#38 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:21 AM

I think it's still too early for stat resets. Let the players who made woe characters reap the benefits. RoT has attracted a lot of the classic ro style players and back then the old method was make a new character, not the renewal method.

#39 Delsavior

Delsavior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:22 AM

Technically you all get one free reset regardless ;p When you trans class.

I'm with the No reset side, as useful as they are, I don't personally believe people should be allowed to reset unless the option is open to every player, regardless of p2p or f2p. Like example, give every character 1 free reset they can use whenever.

You want a WoE character? Make a WoE character. Doesn't matter if easy or hard to level up. Crafters didn't get the option to reset back when RO was fresh. That aside, this servers hella easy and fast to level...

#40 Oculon

Oculon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:31 AM

Stat resets are absolutely needed.

Woe builds are not leveling builds. 

Hey Genius, that's why you make a WoE build and still level it like every other person.  Did that with my Wizard and Sac Sader, got my ass in a party and killed stuff as best as I could.  You don't need a stat reset, you just need to stop being lazy.   

#41 MikeSagara

MikeSagara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:07 PM

Where can we preview the costumes??

Spoiler

Edited by VModCinnamon, 18 March 2020 - 12:18 PM.
Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags.

#42 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:12 PM

Do we still not have Costume: Machoman's Glasses? :(

#43 Xsansao

Xsansao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:15 PM

Im actually kind of siding with no reset. That is, players need to make a PvM char first, then use that PvM to level their WoE char or whatever a weird random build they wanna test out.

people are all using the "WOE card" to sell this stat reset thing! As i read before, the stat reset will come with the ballance, SO JUST WAIT! This server shouldnt be a p2w and paying to get your stat reseted whenever you wanted is exactly this! 

Taking Monk class (asura) out of the equation: what kind of change in your PVM build you could possibly do to alter SIGNIFICANTLY your damage on human monsters-players? Geez. This isnt even transclasses..

#44 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:18 PM

Where can we preview the costumes??

You can find a preview of the costume headgears on this link.

#45 monicako669

monicako669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Server:Watching RT burn

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:23 PM

A lot of people are stuck with the mentality of "it has always been like this so why should it change" when it comes to stat resets. The only people arguing against the addition to stat resets are the leechers who are part of guilds that just send their alchemist/BS to anolians with trappers so they can reach 99 in a couple of days and reap the rewards of being lazy and having someone else do the job for you, while at the same time saying they "worked hard for the brewer/forger". Maybe there are a couple people doing it at the painful and legit way of leeching from your homunculus, but for the most part you can just go to anolians and see people leeching left and right. If you want to be stuck with a system that keeps you stuck with a certain build unless you start on a fresh character good for you, grind (or leech from your friends) all you want, but don't take away the possibility from the rest that don't have extremes ammount of free time or friends to carry you through the game on ez mode.

#46 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:28 PM

You have a very shallow thought about it. Does it mean that whenever I want to have a different construction in my character I need to create another character? Redefining Stats is not just about Alchemists and Blacksmiths but having the possibility to move to a new build if I get tired of playing with the one I started with. For example if I created an Agi/Crit knight and decide to switch to STR/VIT Lancer do I need to start another character with the same class? What is the logic of this?
The arguments here are only supported from a personal point of view because there is no logic behind them.

#47 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1098 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:29 PM

You can find a preview of the costume headgears on this link.

omg i want that sweets party costume hope it arrives on renewal

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 18 March 2020 - 12:30 PM.

#48 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:31 PM

omg i want that sweets party costume hope it arrives on renewal

Pretty sure it will :)

#49 GFStorm

GFStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:33 PM

Have you played other MMO's? Did you know that in the vast majority of them you can choose different builds and you can always switch when you want? 
Only Ragnarok Online still maintains this crude method of being stuck in a build just because some players want to suffer to level a craft character.
And well, I respect if you think it's fair or unfair but it doesn't have to be a rule just because you think so

I have played many others, yes, the ragnarok has already had, but, so what?

is that why you have to have it here too?

if you want the resets, why not play on the servers you have?
so you wouldn't need to care about the one where you don't have it and that many don't want

#50 monicako669

monicako669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Server:Watching RT burn

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:34 PM

You have a very shallow thought about it. Does it mean that whenever I want to have a different construction in my character I need to create another character? Redefining Stats is not just about Alchemists and Blacksmiths but having the possibility to move to a new build if I get tired of playing with the one I started with. For example if I created an Agi/Crit knight and decide to switch to STR/VIT Lancer do I need to start another character with the same class? What is the logic of this?
The arguments here are only supported from a personal point of view because there is no logic behind them.

Even in this scenario the stat reset is like half of the change, you still need to change your entire gear (most of the time) if you want to change your build completely, so stat reset isn't even the final solution to the problem of being stuck with the same build. For example right now I got a hybrid blitzer hunter, which is built around attack speed, if I want to switch to double strafer or the OG AGI/DEX build I still need to change my gear to make the new build viable, but some people think it's ok to start a completely fresh character to achieve this for some reason, just because it's "more fair"  to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users