What if you couldn't trade zeny anymore? - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What if you couldn't trade zeny anymore?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:14 AM

After getting entertained by another post of "Zeny trading item" made by a very not chill OP i decided to post this to get some opinions of people of how flawed this suggestion can be just cause it was something i came up while chatting with my friend after i logged in to check how the market was going.The suggestion is as follows:

How about changing the way zeny gets traded to it being only tradeable through vending, you can only use the vending shop if you want to buy or sell stuff, trading would still exists but you cant trade zeny anymore, While you can still trade items they would be named versions with the name of the character that attained the item. And the name would only change if you bought it through vending. You can only put that item on a vending shop if it has your name on it. You can only trade an item with its current owner, after that you would need to buy it from him if you want to trade it with a different account.

I know its quite messy but its the best i can put it together at the moment, i appreciate the insights people can come with beforehand.

Thank You.

Edit: i realized that if you could trade infinitely people would just change the items from multiple accounts indefinitely and that would be very difficult to track where the item is, so i added a new condition.

Edited by vividort, 20 March 2020 - 07:58 AM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:52 AM

a trade system similar to path of exille. 

It can work, but the bottom line is that duping is completely eradicated, even more so in a case where item = only currency avaiable

#3 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:05 AM

Duping issue haunts this game for ages i once hoped it was some kind of bug that could possibly be fixed over the years, but it seems to be some sort of fundamental oversight in the game, the best way i can think of fighting it is making it easier to keep track of when the items change hands, if every item needs to go through a check when its being traded or bought that would possibly make it easier to know when its a dupe, but at the same time that could be a new way to dupe items depending on how it is implemented, you never know :ani_swt3:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users