Request to ban dual clienting - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 8 votes

Request to ban dual clienting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#51 Kiritosama

Kiritosama

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 03:00 PM

Interesting post, yet it is meaningless. RoT is dying because of bots. Dual clienting problem is never a problem if bots are flying around the world. We don't need any distracting "problems" to be discussed ATM.

WE NEED TO GET RID OF BOTS FOR THE LOVE OF WORLD.

I DON'T CARE ANYTHING ELSE.

Beside, I am one of the dual-client users too. The only reason I use dual client only because I do not want to waste money and time. even if you banned this feature just like JRO, we still have our way to be dual clienting just like those loaded players from JRO,and now JRO is the best Ragnarok server in the world, do you think banning dual clienting is one of the main reason JRO to be successful?

I suggest you all write more tickets for bots other than wasting time to discuss this topic tbh.

#52 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:53 PM

Interesting post, yet it is meaningless. RoT is dying because of bots. Dual clienting problem is never a problem if bots are flying around the world. We don't need any distracting "problems" to be discussed ATM.

WE NEED TO GET RID OF BOTS FOR THE LOVE OF WORLD.

I DON'T CARE ANYTHING ELSE.

Beside, I am one of the dual-client users too. The only reason I use dual client only because I do not want to waste money and time. even if you banned this feature just like JRO, we still have our way to be dual clienting just like those loaded players from JRO,and now JRO is the best Ragnarok server in the world, do you think banning dual clienting is one of the main reason JRO to be successful?

I suggest you all write more tickets for bots other than wasting time to discuss this topic tbh.

The reason jRO is successful is because jRO is strictly Japanese  :ani_bzz:  :ani_bzz:  :ani_bzz:  

#53 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1098 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 27 March 2020 - 09:58 PM

The reason jRO is successful is because jRO is strictly Japanese  :ani_bzz:  :ani_bzz:  :ani_bzz:  

you'd be surprised at the amount of people larping to be japanese playing on that server

i think it's more of their server culture to not be a jerk or scummy in general

#54 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:47 AM

you'd be surprised at the amount of people larping to be japanese playing on that server
i think it's more of their server culture to not be a jerk or scummy in general

I know there are quite many.

And yes because if a scrub did some stupid -_-, he would become an obvious black sheep. Unlike iRO, if did something good, suddenly he would become a white sheep among black sheep hahaha

People tend to not do bad things when they get exposed and humiliated in public, especially if laws/rules are strictly enforced and punishment is an absolute.

#55 koitishi

koitishi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:11 AM

I agree, ban dual account.

#56 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:37 AM

I agree, ban dual account.

Man do you guy's really want to see your server population nose dive that badly?

#57 koitishi

koitishi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:39 PM

Man do you guy's really want to see your server population nose dive that badly?

I want a Priest FS to play together :) If the population now is fake news, I want to see the true population of the server.

#58 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:42 PM

I want a Priest FS to play together :) If the population now is fake news, I want to see the true population of the server.

Learn how to play the class. Literally hundreds of us have made full support priests with the way the current system is. Again, learn HOW to play your class.

And for the record, I have 5 priests myself. One ME, one battle priest, and THREE full supports, with the lowest fs being 125/30 so I'm fairly certain I know what I'm talking about.

#59 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:50 PM

told you bruh. trans ppls all wanted to play hardcore gaming lol

#60 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:19 PM

I had to jump in to add my reply! 

I'm a LONG time Ragnarok player. By that, I mean that I'm literally still logging in to play Transcendence on the account I created in May of 2003.

I've created a thief class and an aco class and dual-cliented them together for as long as it has been allowed. I've religiously leveled these two classes together for most of the time I've been online for years! 

I've played using a duo of Chisami/Soma for so many incarnations, that I couldn't resist it again on Transcendence (except someone stole Soma and I was forced to use a different name for my aco).

I've never abused the system. I've always logged on both accounts and played both at the same time. I've done it so long that I'm a master at switching clients.

I'd be very sad to be forced to go back to my single screen.  :Emo_22:

Edited by Chisami, 29 March 2020 - 03:20 PM.

#61 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:15 PM

I did not bother reading your reason for wanting to ban dual. It is not and will pretty not affect anything that you think it will.

I'll give you the reason to keep the dual instead:

The game is old. Super old. It's not the golden age of MMORPG already. We are past that. People play the game due to the fact that it allows dual. Yeah, that's one of the reason. If you remove that people/population will decline. This game is a game of afk. You, you and you afk while you play with friends. The many yous is your duals.

Ok, ok I'll read. I've read them.

1. Economy? Economy doesn't rotate to drops or MVPs because they are already a thing of the past. The economy is latching into the Instances. If we talk about them- Duals or none it doesn't matter because everyone has a fair share of them. You can go solo or do with party.

2. Discourage class? With or without dual there are already class that's not suitable to be played solo. Well, thanks to OCP it is now possible to play them whatever you like.

3. Botting and dual are not and has no relationship. They got but it's of no relevance

#62 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:07 AM

if you ban dual clienting people will see that nobody actually plays this game anymore... you have less than 200 people on thor and like 1500 people on chaos as of the time i write this (during a global pandemic which is forcing people to stay home and inside)... thats including bots and dual clients... meanwhile over on Final Fantasy XIV (a subscription based model) you have to wait in a queue just to get into the servers which holds 10k people at a time... 24 "worlds"  just for North America, 32 "worlds" the japanese data center, and another 12 "worlds" just for Europe... and FF14 isnt even considered the top of the MMORPG universe... so worrying about 700 or 800 people dual clienting because it hurts the game is laughable at best...

#63 JonahElbert

JonahElbert

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:31 AM

I'm pretty sure the OP was referring to the Transcendence client. +1 disable multi-clienting on RT now. If the server was meant to rectify the mistakes accumulated through the years, it's high time already. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users