P.Dodge set vs Tanky set for FS Archbishop - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

P.Dodge set vs Tanky set for FS Archbishop

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 StingLikeAli

StingLikeAli

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:42 PM

So I searched Google and I haven't seen a thread about full support archbishop wearing perfect dodge set. I'm an old school player so I'm heavily invested in the damage reduction set (Neutral Reduction + DEF + Vit) but I've seen a lot of Archbishops wear the perfect dodge set nowadays. 

In your opinion, is P.Dodge set better for Full support Archbishop?

I'm currently in High Ti range. Is the P.Dodge set better for Nightmare Clock Tower or even Bio5?? What about Endless Tower? MVPing blah blah blah?

I never wore one so I have no clue what its pros and cons are. It's cool to see all monsters swarm and miss the AB.

Is 100 perfect dodge enough to dodge every normal neutral attack even MVP? (I know magic does not count)

I've been considering to switch my gears to the other set but I need some solid answers. Lol

#2 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:45 PM

Well, you can get a lot of gears etc that cater towards buffing pdodge as an AB in general, I for one have about 90 pdodge.

I can post my gears/stats later if it helps.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 26 March 2020 - 06:48 PM.

#3 StingLikeAli

StingLikeAli

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:00 PM

Well, you can get a lot of gears etc that cater towards buffing pdodge as an AB in general, I for one have about 90 pdodge.

I can post my gears/stats later if it helps.

Yes please, Nirvanna21, I'm also curious about the stats and gears. That would be very helpful.

but I wonder whether anyone out there has actually made the switch from Tank to PDodge.

One thing I know for sure is, with Pdodge set, you rarely get stuck in mobs. LOL

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:21 PM

the thing with perfect dodge is, it only nulifies autoattacks.

If what you are fighting has mostly no skills, its great. If it spam skills or have really strong ones, you will miss the reduction.

The trick is to get crafty with your sets depending on the monster you are fighting, such as wearing almost/capped p.dodge + elemental reduction for the main element the enemy has. (or if the monster only uses magic skills, players can use a GTB if they got one for example)

#5 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 March 2020 - 01:05 AM

Please note, my AB is a tanky FS with Pdodge, it's built to survive Bio5 for leveling. Final stats when I get my last 7 levels will include getting my DEX to 120.

Stats

Spoiler

Equipment
Spoiler

Shadow Equipment

Just a basic shadow set at +0, some costumes (only one that is enchanted is shown).

Spoiler

Edited by Nirvanna21, 27 March 2020 - 01:06 AM.

#6 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:23 AM

You can bring both and use the gear swap system according to your needs.

#7 StingLikeAli

StingLikeAli

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:20 PM

Please note, my AB is a tanky FS with Pdodge, it's built to survive Bio5 for leveling. Final stats when I get my last 7 levels will include getting my DEX to 120.

Stats

Spoiler

Equipment
Spoiler

Shadow Equipment

Just a basic shadow set at +0, some costumes (only one that is enchanted is shown).

Spoiler

Thanks a lot,

So what card is slotted in your Clergy Nurse Cap?

and is there a way to search for Archbishop Lv1 now that Ragial.org is gone? LOL

#8 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:31 PM

Thanks a lot,

So what card is slotted in your Clergy Nurse Cap?

and is there a way to search for Archbishop Lv1 now that Ragial.org is gone? LOL

Gemini Card, when paired with Medical Scubs with the right base stats can provide Stone Curse immunity.

No, but it's pretty easy, just find a recovery stone slot 1 (or upper)

#9 StingLikeAli

StingLikeAli

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:46 PM

Stats

Spoiler

Equipment
Spoiler

Shadow Equipment

Spoiler

So Nirvanna, I still have a lot of question. LOL

According to iro wiki perfect dodge is the second value behind the flee. 

From your stats it says Flee = 480 + 86 so your actual perfect dodge is 86. 

How do you fare in Bio5 though? Do you still get hit often by neutral (non-magical) attacks? 

Do you think you're dodging them 86% of the time?

I see you also put quite a bit of Agi in there. Is that for the extra flee? Why not more luck = perfect dodge?

Does perfect dodge work with MVP monsters as well? 

If I have 100 perfect dodge, does it mean that nothing except magical attacks will touch me?

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:04 PM

because it's an all around tanky AB, not just focused into perfect dodge. 480 Flee is pretty respectable considering how many defensive layers he has

perfect dodge only nulifies auto attacks, any skill damage, physical or magical, does not care about it.

#11 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:27 PM

My AB can survive anything in Bio5 save a poor placement when comet is spammed, or, if the reflection is up and I am in direct visibility. Pdodge has some value, perfect, but enough to merit it's use :U

#12 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 01 April 2020 - 11:44 PM

Only my own opinion, but its either go 100pdodge or not at all. I'm not the most knowledgable about the defensive mechanics of RO so just take my opinion with a grain of salt.

#13 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:17 AM

It's nice to see your lively post on forums again, all hail Arch Pervy Sage :ani_slur:

I fully support Marty Opinion :ani_bo:

#14 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 April 2020 - 11:20 AM

I mean, I didn't aim for Pdodge, it's just that it comes with the default best OCP healing gears. The only 2 places that require 100 Pdodge are Sky Fortress and Sarah v Fenrir. Outside of that, it's just another layer of defense.

#15 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 02 April 2020 - 11:11 PM

I mean, I didn't aim for Pdodge, it's just that it comes with the default best OCP healing gears. The only 2 places that require 100 Pdodge are Sky Fortress and Sarah v Fenrir. Outside of that, it's just another layer of defense.

Thats a fair defense. I'm just in the opinion that if you gonna have the pdodge anyway just make it 100, no such thing as a 87% chance to dodge in my eyes, it's either go 100pdodge or none at all. I dunno though, how else could you think to tweak your gears to still get the tankiness but have the benefit of the 100pdodge?

#16 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:33 AM

Thats a fair defense. I'm just in the opinion that if you gonna have the pdodge anyway just make it 100, no such thing as a 87% chance to dodge in my eyes, it's either go 100pdodge or none at all. I dunno though, how else could you think to tweak your gears to still get the tankiness but have the benefit of the 100pdodge?

Well, I could drop AGI and replace it with LUK, also cast Gloria every so often, that would give me another 11, at that point I could use a Hunter Fly Pet and it would then give me 100+ Pdodge with the same defensive capabilities. It would drop some healing though, but I could then throw in some +20 luk food in place of the pet.

#17 StingLikeAli

StingLikeAli

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:59 AM

So these questions are gonna be regarding Bio5:

Should I prioritize Fire element reduction for Bio5?

Are there strong water element magic like water ball there?  Can I just put Pasana card in my Medical Scrubs?  Will I get frozen a lot?

Is Clearance really useful here?

Any other element to watch out for?

Thanks!

Edited by StingLikeAli, 03 April 2020 - 10:28 AM.

#18 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2741 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:37 PM

Try it urself i think... follow ppl not mean u can as good as the guy who build self..
Ppl are has own build n play style..

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 April 2020 - 01:25 PM

So these questions are gonna be regarding Bio5:

Should I prioritize Fire element reduction for Bio5?

Are there strong water element magic like water ball there?  Can I just put Pasana card in my Medical Scrubs?  Will I get frozen a lot?

Is Clearance really useful here?

Any other element to watch out for?

Thanks!

Fire, Neutral, Wind and Poison are the hardest hitters you can directly reduce. EQ also sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users