• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Zuziak

Zuziak

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:45 AM

Hi, I'm new to renewal and I got myself a Rebel. Leveling this boi is super easy I just gat my gun and everything naenaes.

I want to invest in a leech helmet because potions are getting expensive, so I'm farming money to buy a leech helmet. Following yosummer-senpai's guide it seems I have 4 options:

Headgear:

for hp/sp regan: 19163.pngCatherina Von Blood[1]/19171.pngMagician Knit Hat[1]/18652.png+9 Vanargand Helm[1] /5208.png+9 Rideword Hat[1]

Could someone please expand more on each helmet? I'm a little confused.

First of all the cheapest one is the Magician Knit, is 120kk a good investment? Will it give me enough SP to never use a potion in gramps again? Because otherwise I'll just farm for a more expensive one.

Than there is the Vanargand vs Rideword, both go for around one billion, but Rideword looks much better. Vanargand says that:

• If refined to +4 and below:
    • Adds a chance to restore 1% of the damage dealt into HP.
    • Adds a chance to restore 1% of the damage dealt into SP.
  • If refined to +5 and above:
    • Adds a chance to restore 3% of the damage dealt into HP.
    • Adds a chance to restore 1% of the damage dealt into SP.
  • If refined to +7 and above:
    • Adds a chance to restore 5% of the damage dealt into HP.
    • Adds a chance to restore 2% of the damage dealt into SP.
  • If refined to +9 or above:
    • Adds a chance to restore 8% of the damage dealt into HP.
    • Adds a chance to restore 4% of the damage dealt into SP.

While Rideword says:

• If upgrade level is +9 or higher,
  • Adds an additional 8% of the damage dealt as HP when performing a physical attack.
  • Adds an additional 4% of the damage dealt as SP when performing a physical attack.
  • Adds a 5% chance of restoring 8% of damage as HP when performing a physical attack.
  • Adds a 1% chance of restoring 4% of damage as SP when performing a physical attack.
  • Drains 10 HP from the user every 5 seconds.
  • If refined to +9:
    • Adds an additional 8% of the damage dealt as HP to the user with each physical attack.
    • Adds an additional 4% of the damage dealt as SP to the user with each physical attack.

Thats a grand total of 16% HP drain and 8% SP drain, right? It gives double what Vanar gives so why are the prices similar?

And then there is Catherina, is she a better investment than Rideword? The price is also near one billion.

Or maybe a helmet is not the cheapest way to get leech, I wouldn't know. What do you guys think?

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:37 PM

vana has higher activation chances, specially for sp. Generally the amount converted does not matter since we deal much much much mora damage compared to the cost per skill use.

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:40 PM

IMO, I like Catherina on a Rebel, it really is good providing you can kill enemies quickly.

#4 Zuziak

Zuziak

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:44 PM

vana has higher activation chances, specially for sp. Generally the amount converted does not matter since we deal much much much mora damage compared to the cost per skill use.

Interesting! In that case is a +0 Rideword enough leach for low level Gramps? I believe it will proc a lot down there.

And do you have an opinion on 19171.png+0 Magician Knit Hat[1] versus5208.png+0 Rideword Hat[1]?

#5 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2020 - 05:32 PM

Try +10 Black Feather.

Sure 50 SP gain for each killed mobs, Dex +10, Hit +50 and 100% Def Bypass to everything.

#6 Zuziak

Zuziak

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:25 PM

Try +10 Black Feather.

Sure 50 SP gain for each killed mobs, Dex +10, Hit +50 and 100% Def Bypass to everything.

I'll add it to the list, but right now this is way ahead by budget. I'm struggling to farm 100kk let alone 1kkk

#7 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:21 PM

Hi, I'm new to renewal and I got myself a Rebel. Leveling this boi is super easy I just gat my gun and everything naenaes.

I want to invest in a leech helmet because potions are getting expensive, so I'm farming money to buy a leech helmet. Following yosummer-senpai's guide it seems I have 4 options:

Could someone please expand more on each helmet? I'm a little confused.

First of all the cheapest one is the Magician Knit, is 120kk a good investment? Will it give me enough SP to never use a potion in gramps again? Because otherwise I'll just farm for a more expensive one.

Than there is the Vanargand vs Rideword, both go for around one billion, but Rideword looks much better. Vanargand says that:

While Rideword says:

Thats a grand total of 16% HP drain and 8% SP drain, right? It gives double what Vanar gives so why are the prices similar?

And then there is Catherina, is she a better investment than Rideword? The price is also near one billion.

Or maybe a helmet is not the cheapest way to get leech, I wouldn't know. What do you guys think?

I'm currently making an army of Rebels, and you're in luck.

There's no "good" or bad from all the leech headgears out there.

The only tip I'm about to tell you is that Magic Knit and Catherina sips out SP per monster kill, so basically, if you want to get decent leech amount from them, calculate how much sp are you getting per kill, multiply by how many monster you need per "mob". (e.g. if you get 5 sp per kill from magic knit hat, and you're using a 30 sp skill, you might want to get at least 6 monsters before you use the skill, that is if it kills them in 1 shot). I leave the logic there for you.

For the other leech gears out there that offers a "chance" to suck SP out (meaning not 100%) and depends on the damage you deal to them, it's a matter of RNG bruf. Complete random chance or whatever it says chance it gives ya per kill.

I prefer magic knit more since I can technically "calculate". Get a +9 at least. It's good for low leveling chars too since it leeches per kill regardless of magic or physical.

Drop questions if you need.

#8 Zuziak

Zuziak

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:35 PM

I'm currently making an army of Rebels, and you're in luck.

There's no "good" or bad from all the leech headgears out there.

The only tip I'm about to tell you is that Magic Knit and Catherina sips out SP per monster kill, so basically, if you want to get decent leech amount from them, calculate how much sp are you getting per kill, multiply by how many monster you need per "mob". (e.g. if you get 5 sp per kill from magic knit hat, and you're using a 30 sp skill, you might want to get at least 6 monsters before you use the skill, that is if it kills them in 1 shot). I leave the logic there for you.

For the other leech gears out there that offers a "chance" to suck SP out (meaning not 100%) and depends on the damage you deal to them, it's a matter of RNG bruf. Complete random chance or whatever it says chance it gives ya per kill.

I prefer magic knit more since I can technically "calculate". Get a +9 at least. It's good for low leveling chars too since it leeches per kill regardless of magic or physical.

Drop questions if you need.

If I go for the Magician Knit, where do I get my HP leech? Both the +9 Rideword and +9 Magician are going for around 300kk right now I was wondering if the Rideword is better thanks to the HP leech. I have no idea how frequent or infrequent are the procs tho.

(I'm really thigh on money BTW I expect to buy a helmet maybe after a month of farm.)

#9 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:55 PM

Hi Zuzi,

PM me your char name, I'll rodex you for free  Pirate Folly If I still have it in my storage from the distant past.

If only rebel and remainder of expanded class could wear cursed book and nidhoggur shadow garb. :ani_swt3:

I wish expanded class will be able to wear diabolus boots, armor / robe & its ring too :P

#10 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:31 AM

If I go for the Magician Knit, where do I get my HP leech? Both the +9 Rideword and +9 Magician are going for around 300kk right now I was wondering if the Rideword is better thanks to the HP leech. I have no idea how frequent or infrequent are the procs tho.

(I'm really thigh on money BTW I expect to buy a helmet maybe after a month of farm.)

i personally use a scatleton pet and buy fresh fish for healing at npc

Edited by Vladdin, 30 March 2020 - 06:32 AM.

#11 Zuziak

Zuziak

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:09 AM

Hi Zuzi,

PM me your char name, I'll rodex you for free  Pirate Folly If I still have it in my storage from the distant past.

If only rebel and remainder of expanded class could wear cursed book and nidhoggur shadow garb. :ani_swt3:

I wish expanded class will be able to wear diabolus boots, armor / robe & its ring too :P

That is very generous of you sr, I would very much appreciate it. I sent the PM

i personally use a scatleton pet and buy fresh fish for healing at npc

I ended up doing something similar, I had a Snowier card from leveling a Wizard before the server closed on Christmas. It's not enough to never stop but is helping me stay in the dungeon for muuuuch longer.

#12 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:08 PM

you do have a merchant for your continues NPC price markdown right?

#13 Fi3ryd4rkness

Fi3ryd4rkness

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 04:48 AM

Hello, 109/20 GS here, with Round Trip build. How are you farming so much zeny? I am struggling to even farm 10m.... Really need one of those leech items to sustain the RT (despite investing 70+ ints) but as you mentioned, the decent ones are in 300+m range.

#14 Zuziak

Zuziak

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 11:25 AM

you do have a merchant for your continues NPC price markdown right?

Yes, but the bulk of my money comes from selling to players.

Hello, 109/20 GS here, with Round Trip build. How are you farming so much zeny? I am struggling to even farm 10m.... Really need one of those leech items to sustain the RT (despite investing 70+ ints) but as you mentioned, the decent ones are in 300+m range.

I'm not making that much money either. I """did 100kk""" in a month (I still need to sell what I farmed). I usually farm either gramps (got a lot of Oridecon there with the Anolians) or food items like petite tail or that ever is most expensive atm. I don't have the patience but you can probably make a lot of money farming cards in places like Byalan.

Farm whatever people are buying as long as you don't rely to selling junk to NPC there is no money there. Sell to players.

(I'm also open to new ideas if a veteran has a better option)

#15 Fi3ryd4rkness

Fi3ryd4rkness

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:33 PM

Ah I see, I thought you were able to do 100m on a weekly basis. Sorry must have misunderstood haha.

Have you tried the Pirate's Folly? Is it able to sustain the SP and HP spend? May I ask how much INT do you have? I saw one for sale at 70m and considering to buy it.

#16 worldeditor95

worldeditor95

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:49 AM

Ah I see, I thought you were able to do 100m on a weekly basis. Sorry must have misunderstood haha.

Have you tried the Pirate's Folly? Is it able to sustain the SP and HP spend? May I ask how much INT do you have? I saw one for sale at 70m and considering to buy it.

hi, for starter you can try doing BB / TI's quest from gramps, then exchange 8 Eden merrit badge to a magic stone, you can sell them like 5-7m each idk, around that number

#17 NaILza

NaILza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:52 AM

I have a Rebel with Pirate Folly so I can tell you how it work for me

my rebel is lv100 with 100 int and a Sohee spurred boots have 1233 sp (try to build for sell leech but end up used only for my own personal leech insted)

in case of carefully choose your target and try to get many mob every RoundTrip ,Pirate Folly can work wonder along with your netural sp regen and you can stay leveling for sometime

but in case of mindlessly walk around and spam Roudntrip on everything you see,Pirate Folly while did help me stay longer, its proc rate is still too low (sometime It didnt proc even after I empty my sp pool) and I need to walk in hotel very often if I don;t want to use sp pot and the like

Edited by NaILza, 06 April 2020 - 08:53 AM.

#18 Zuziak

Zuziak

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:37 PM

No, unfortunately I don't have hands on experience with it. But for 70m it looks like a good kickstart.

If it helps I am level 120 and have 90 int and a mana pool of 1219.

For us newbies I recently found this quest here: https://www.novaragn...wiki/Rock_Ridge it gives nice rewards and easy to do.

hi, for starter you can try doing BB / TI's quest from gramps, then exchange 8 Eden merrit badge to a magic stone, you can sell them like 5-7m each idk, around that number

Omg, I have been doing a lot of turn in and only have 22 badge. It doesn't feel like a lot of money (but sure will come in hand, I need all I can scrap)

I have a Rebel with Pirate Folly so I can tell you how it work for me

my rebel is lv100 with 100 int and a Sohee spurred boots have 1233 sp (try to build for sell leech but end up used only for my own personal leech insted)

in case of carefully choose your target and try to get many mob every RoundTrip ,Pirate Folly can work wonder along with your netural sp regen and you can stay leveling for sometime

but in case of mindlessly walk around and spam Roudntrip on everything you see,Pirate Folly while did help me stay longer, its proc rate is still too low (sometime It didnt proc even after I empty my sp pool) and I need to walk in hotel very often if I don;t want to use sp pot and the like

Interesting. I might invest in this hat if it's only 70kk. That is way below the 300kk for a rideword.

#19 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:38 PM

if you got the time, farm in magma 2. check mobs and loots here: http://db.irowiki.or...info/mag_dun02/

whenever there is token hammer, i farm coins there for 15-20mins and make around 1M zeny per round just selling loots by greeding everything.

i am using a 110 gx there.no edp/no pots needed.

catherina

crimson katar holy

HBP

enforcer shoes

phen clip

tele clip

catherina is nice if you can save for it together with succu pet, your leeching should be fine for life. mostly.

you can use a rebel, just that the loots will be scattered. but you should survive there and level just fine. just greed the loots.as a rebel, you only need

catherina

probation gatling gun

HBP

should be able to 1 shot every mobs there with round trip. i got a low lvl rebel doing it in magma with this gears.

Edited by ZanRen, 06 April 2020 - 04:42 PM.

#20 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 08 April 2020 - 11:22 PM

rebel with fire dance

+7 probation revolver

#21 Savio619

Savio619

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGoa India

Posted 09 May 2020 - 10:56 PM

+10 EDA(Evil Dragon Armor) personally i never needed to pot 1 potion till date, I'm lvl 168 now.

Note: Purely Level up purpose. 

Worked with +9 Vana but personally I love EDA. 

First I don't round trip I only Fire Dance more spam able and in turn HP SP leech.

Got 4 Rebellions at 160 all used that fr farm. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users