Mighty Hammer Bugged Chance - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mighty Hammer Bugged Chance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:14 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm here to make some noise to complain about something that really affected me, and maybe have some attention from Campitor.

So, I decided to enjoy this Mad Bunny event and do some refining. To start, I was planing to get my Old Casket of Protection to at least +10 so, in the middle of this COVID crisis, where tons of ppl are losing their job in my country, I invested around R$ 100 (which is around 1/10 of a minimum monthly wage in my country) to get some HD ores and do some refining.

After that, I went to the Mighty Hammer NPC, spent around 5 safe to 7 to get my headgear from +4 to +7 and started with a 100 HD Elunium box and, believe me or not, I didnt get to +9 once in those 100 ores. So I tought "Well, its propably just bad luck, lets try again", and I bought another 100 HD Elunium box and, once again, I didnt get to +9 ONCE in those another 100 ores, in fact, i was still stuck at +7 when the box ended.

So I, believing that Warpportal's job is trustworthy, decided to spend the rest of the KP I had in HD Elunium, cause I wanted to +10 that Old Casket. Silly me.

In total, counting with the ore mentioned before, I spent 440 HD Elunium on Mighty Hammer, to have my Old Casket AT +4.

Yeah, 440 ores got me to +9 3 times, and failed uncountable times to go +6 to +7, +7 to +8 and +8 to +9.

So, I did some math and I came to the conclusion that this wasnt possible, even if I was the unluckiest man on the planet, which leads me to believe that the chances on Mighty Hammer for HD ores are Rigged and different than the chances on Shunmi's refine UI.

To support this, I took some screenshots of the refine UI with the chances from +7 to +8, +8 to +9 and +9 to +10, as follows:

unknown.png?width=1232&height=598

8_to_9.PNG?width=1309&height=598

9_to_10.PNG?width=1186&height=598

Those images above only support my point that the chances on Mighty Hammer are rigged, since it is definetly IMPOSSIBLE to spend 440 HD eluniums and only reach +9 THREE TIMES.

Therefore, I submitted a ticket to warpportal requesting this matter to be reviewed and, also, I decided to post this on the forum to alert other players and maybe get some attention from Campitor, since I have the RIGHT to have the ores back and even my helmet reverted to +7, as I lost all of it due to an ingame error caused by warpportal's crew.

I really hope I can get either the ores back or the KP back (since with the real chances, I wont have use for 440 HD eluniums, and i want to refine some stuff beyond +10 as well) before the Mad Bunny refine event ends, since I want to refine my stuff.

Also, I wish that everyone takes this as a warning to not trust Mighty Hammer. I will update this post with everything that happens on the ticket.

Thanks for your time and attention.

#2 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:32 PM

I can tell you this for a fact, HD Elunium and HD Oridecon have no boost during a Mad Bunny event.

Only Enriched Elunium and Enriched Oridecon do up to +10, but they have a chance to break.

HD Carnium and Bradium work safely at a higher rate when going beyond +10.

That dialogue is completely off and you are due a refund if that's how it presented itself when using HD Elu/Ori.

#3 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:35 PM

Guess this shows the dialogue doesn't reflect actual rates, kinda thought it did before, but I guess they have a separate file for displaying rates than what actually controls them...which is kinda messed up. But yeah, hd ori/elu rates aren't changed during this event.

#4 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:38 PM

I can tell you this for a fact, HD Elunium and HD Oridecon have no boost during a Mad Bunny event.

Only Enriched Elunium and Enriched Oridecon do up to +10, but they have a chance to break.

HD Carnium and Bradium work safely at a higher rate when going beyond +10.

That dialogue is completely off and you are due a refund if that's how it presented itself when using HD Elu/Ori.

Guess this shows the dialogue doesn't reflect actual rates, kinda thought it did before, but I guess they have a separate file for displaying rates than what actually controls them...which is kinda messed up. But yeah, hd ori/elu rates aren't changed during this event.

If they aren't supposed to be changed, something is wrong with the refine UI, right? Since it's meant to have the same chances of normal ores if they are not buffed.
I refined on mighty hammer cause I believed it had the same chances as the UI shows, which are quite high. Otherwise, I wouldnt spend that much on HD elunium.

Edited by Griffin2, 28 March 2020 - 12:38 PM.

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:53 PM

Putting Bunny event out during Covid 19 was not really a good move, imo. Most people would rather save money during this difficulties. I know few people who only spent $200-$300 and that's it as they said they needed to be careful. Personally, I also spent only $300 too (while other Bunny, I could spend almost up to $1k+ enjoying the refinement). You should've been more careful and dont let the gambling trill gets better of you. Sorry for your losses.

There isnt any proof but this refinement algorithm is working kind of weirdly. If you experience extremely bad luck consecutively, take a break ... like 1 hour or so and come back to try. Continue refining only when you feel it's your lucky time. Dont force to win the game. This is a known trick (though not proven) among experienced vets. You will keep losing more money. Warpportal is the true winner in the end, but we only spend money to support the game, and they give these ores in return. We dont really buy the ores, if this makes you feel better about your losses.

I learnt the hard way through trying to force my way to win the Might hammer way back in 2017? I lost 30 Safe to +10 certs in a roll ... lol

#6 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:06 PM

Putting Bunny event out during Covid 19 was not really a good move, imo. Most people would rather save money during this difficulties. I know few people who only spent $200-$300 and that's it as they said they needed to be careful. Personally, I also spent only $300 too (while other Bunny, I could spend almost up to $1k+ enjoying the refinement). You should've been more careful and dont let the gambling trill gets better of you. Sorry for your losses.

There isnt any proof but this refinement algorithm is working kind of weirdly. If you experience extremely bad luck consecutively, take a break ... like 1 hour or so and come back to try. Continue refining only when you feel it's your lucky time. Dont force to win the game. This is a known trick (though not proven) among experienced vets. You will keep losing more money. Warpportal is the true winner in the end, but we only spend money to support the game, and they give these ores in return. We dont really buy the ores, if this makes you feel better about your losses.

I learnt the hard way through trying to force my way to win the Might hammer way back in 2017? I lost 30 Safe to +10 certs in a roll ... lol

I know its a lottery and the algorithm is weird, but in this specific event I think that there is either something wrong with the NPC or the UI. The chances on both seem to be different from each other.

I dont know if something changed, but HD below +10 wasnt supposed to be affected by Mad Bunny, but it was in the refine UI, and I believe that it isnt on Mighty Hammer.

Anyways, let's wait and see WP team's opinion on the matter.

#7 Rudolphs

Rudolphs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, I also think the chances are rigged, since I saw a lot of people failing to refine their stuff on Mighty Hammer NPC. It's really sad to see that Warpportal would leave that NPC with the option to use HD ores when it doesnt change the chances to refine. (It actually seems like a way for them to make more money of of everyone). I mean, they are lazy enough to update just half of the refinement system, and leave the NPC there for those unlucky enough to try and use it. I hope they give your stuff back and recognize their error.

#8 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:16 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm here to make some noise to complain about something that really affected me, and maybe have some attention from Campitor.

So, I decided to enjoy this Mad Bunny event and do some refining. To start, I was planing to get my Old Casket of Protection to at least +10 so, in the middle of this COVID crisis, where tons of ppl are losing their job in my country, I invested around R$ 100 (which is around 1/10 of a minimum monthly wage in my country) to get some HD ores and do some refining.

After that, I went to the Mighty Hammer NPC, spent around 5 safe to 7 to get my headgear from +4 to +7 and started with a 100 HD Elunium box and, believe me or not, I didnt get to +9 once in those 100 ores. So I tought "Well, its propably just bad luck, lets try again", and I bought another 100 HD Elunium box and, once again, I didnt get to +9 ONCE in those another 100 ores, in fact, i was still stuck at +7 when the box ended.

So I, believing that Warpportal's job is trustworthy, decided to spend the rest of the KP I had in HD Elunium, cause I wanted to +10 that Old Casket. Silly me.

In total, counting with the ore mentioned before, I spent 440 HD Elunium on Mighty Hammer, to have my Old Casket AT +4.

Yeah, 440 ores got me to +9 3 times, and failed uncountable times to go +6 to +7, +7 to +8 and +8 to +9.

So, I did some math and I came to the conclusion that this wasnt possible, even if I was the unluckiest man on the planet, which leads me to believe that the chances on Mighty Hammer for HD ores are Rigged and different than the chances on Shunmi's refine UI.

To support this, I took some screenshots of the refine UI with the chances from +7 to +8, +8 to +9 and +9 to +10, as follows:

unknown.png?width=1232&height=598

8_to_9.PNG?width=1309&height=598

9_to_10.PNG?width=1186&height=598

Those images above only support my point that the chances on Mighty Hammer are rigged, since it is definetly IMPOSSIBLE to spend 440 HD eluniums and only reach +9 THREE TIMES.

Therefore, I submitted a ticket to warpportal requesting this matter to be reviewed and, also, I decided to post this on the forum to alert other players and maybe get some attention from Campitor, since I have the RIGHT to have the ores back and even my helmet reverted to +7, as I lost all of it due to an ingame error caused by warpportal's crew.

I really hope I can get either the ores back or the KP back (since with the real chances, I wont have use for 440 HD eluniums, and i want to refine some stuff beyond +10 as well) before the Mad Bunny refine event ends, since I want to refine my stuff.

Also, I wish that everyone takes this as a warning to not trust Mighty Hammer. I will update this post with everything that happens on the ticket.

Thanks for your time and attention.

I will look into whats going on. But as far as I can tell mighty hammer is using the appropriate ore rates from the normal refine tables. The numbers shown are the enriched ore rates. It may be that the HD ores are being treated as enriched ores by the refine UI during the event.

#9 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:18 PM

Yeah, I also think the chances are rigged, since I saw a lot of people failing to refine their stuff on Mighty Hammer NPC. It's really sad to see that Warpportal would leave that NPC with the option to use HD ores when it doesnt change the chances to refine. (It actually seems like a way for them to make more money of of everyone). I mean, they are lazy enough to update just half of the refinement system, and leave the NPC there for those unlucky enough to try and use it. I hope they give your stuff back and recognize their error.

Mighty Hammer was left in as there is no way for the refine UI to use safe certs. He should only be used for Safe Certificate refining.

#10 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:24 PM

I will look into whats going on. But as far as I can tell mighty hammer is using the appropriate ore rates from the normal refine tables. The numbers shown are the enriched ore rates. It may be that the HD ores are being treated as enriched ores by the refine UI during the event.

Thanks camp, I really appreciate your attention.

I only used all those ores cause I tought the chance was the same as shown in the Refine UI, otherwise I would never spend all that KP to try and refine my gear.

#11 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:26 PM

Thanks camp, I really appreciate your attention.

I only used all those ores cause I tought the chance was the same as shown in the Refine UI, otherwise I would never spend all that KP to try and refine my gear.

PM me your ticket number.

#12 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:27 PM

Mighty Hammer was left in as there is no way for the refine UI to use safe certs. He should only be used for Safe Certificate refining.

I think that he meant that the HD ore option should have been removed from the NPC, since its meant to be used for safe to 7s only.

#13 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:29 PM

Done!

#14 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:36 PM

definitely rigged as hd ores have the same rates as enriched ores and it's way cheaper.

#15 jeybuks

jeybuks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationHall of Abyss

Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:04 PM

same ting happened to me.

ticket submitted and sent to you sir camp

#16 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:21 PM

I know the new refine UI thing is confusing but for us guys that have been around a long time know that getting to +10 with HD ores using Mighty Hammer is almost impossible lol. The rates absolutely suck regardless of what the upgrade UI thing says. You try to get your items to +10 during a Enriched Hammer event. If you are a baller you can use certs to get a item to +7, use blacksmith blessings to +9/+10 your item(or +10 certs), then use Mad Bunny Event with HD Bradium/Cranium to go up past +10. 

Griffin2 is pretty new to the forum. I can see how someone new might think the UI rates would be the same with Mighty Hammer. Us vets know upgrading from +7 to +10 with HD ores using Mighty Hammer is a big no no. 

The sad thing is Mighty Hammer is now gone during a Mad Bunny event. I don't think they can fix the UI thing that easy. I was having good luck over upgrading my stuff to +14 and up. 

#17 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:33 PM

So no way of refining safe till then? Can we get blessed Hammer then, since I think he does safe cert refining too.

Also Chak, people requested the Mad Bunny cause they got nothing else to do, might as well refine when they stay at home. 

Spoiler

Edited by yamasakai90, 28 March 2020 - 07:10 PM.

#18 ragking

ragking

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 07:17 PM

Could also disable the NPC that exchange normal oridecon/elunium to normal bradium/carnium in Morroc Inn? After then people have to use kafra HD ores for +10 to +11 instead of the ones gained from ordinary oridecon/elunium, and then leave more profits to WP in this MBE event.

Otherwise the abuse of normal ores from +10 to +11 will impact WP's income to support future better iRO.

The 100% success rate of HD Ores from +10 to +11 is good thing, please keep that.

#19 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 28 March 2020 - 07:42 PM

Could also disable the NPC that exchange normal oridecon/elunium to normal bradium/carnium in Morroc Inn? After then people have to use kafra HD ores for +10 to +11 instead of the ones gained from ordinary oridecon/elunium, and then leave more profits to WP in this MBE event.

Otherwise the abuse of normal ores from +10 to +11 will impact WP's income to support future better iRO.

The 100% success rate of HD Ores from +10 to +11 is good thing, please keep that.

:rolleyes: You just can't please everyone can't you. 

WP made it cheaper and easier for you and all you have to do is remember to swap the ores between Normal and HD ores. 

#20 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:37 PM

Just wait next week, Seem Player isn't trust developer anymore  :eyes:

#21 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:53 AM

Hey, Camp. 

Did you have the opportunity to check my ticket, as I PMed you the number?

[Removed] replied to it saying that "They would investigate the matter", but I was hoping you would check it yourself.

Thanks.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 29 March 2020 - 03:58 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed GM Name

#22 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:59 PM

Griffin2, Campitor will check the status when it's possible though he's not technically a GM staff. Also please avoid sharing the ticket detail on forums ;)

#23 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 08:32 AM

Griffin2, Campitor will check the status when it's possible though he's not technically a GM staff. Also please avoid sharing the ticket detail on forums ;)

He is not GM staff but he asked for the ticket number, right?

My hopes are that he will solve it quicker than the "GMs" that keep repeating that they will "investigate the matter" once a day.

Thanks tho

#24 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:00 PM

He can assist yes, I will check for an update shortly.

#25 Griffin2

Griffin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:01 PM

He can assist yes, I will check for an update shortly.

Alright, thanks a lot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users