April 1st Transcendence Maintenance - Page 10 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

April 1st Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
236 replies to this topic

#226 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 07 April 2020 - 06:51 PM

Yes

One Time Full Skill Reset and Partial Stat Resets

Can you elaborate on partial stat reset? 

Asura sp penalty is still 10 second, not 3 seconds as it's supposed to be

#227 MrPeep

MrPeep

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:14 AM

Yes

Please explain. 

#228 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:17 AM

What exactly do you mean by Partial Stat Reset? Can only a specific number of points be redefined or will there be a single reset per account?

#229 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:25 AM

Partial reset would be something like X amount of stats per use, or/and the service will be time gated. Nothing official yet though, just going by older partial time resets services. I would personally appreciate a one time full reset (restrictions may apply) but afraid it may backfire.

Also please let's be a little more polite when providing feedback or sharing a concern :/ Post has been removed.

#230 Aruteeru

Aruteeru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:36 AM

With how huge some of these changes are, a small partial reset isn't enough especially for some classes. 
With how bard and dancer songs will work now, there is no need for them to dive into max int/dex to boost their songs, since now it no longer affects the buff songs at all.

That is just one example.

I guess it will depend on how much stats we will actually be able to change for the partial, but some builds need a complete overhaul.

#231 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:04 AM

A partial Stat Reset at this point is just a slap in the face to players that made their build around said skill, the server should have had the skill changes from day one, a partial reset is just going to make people delete their chars and start over or drive them away because they will not have the time to restart with what is going on in the world right now, i ask that you reconsider this Partial stat reset to a full stat reset........is this polite enough for you o furry one?

Laser_Shark.gif

#232 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:08 AM

1 time full reset makes more sense if characters were made before set date

#233 MrPeep

MrPeep

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:13 AM

Tsk Tsk you must be nicer to point out their own faults to them, on their forums Sharky boi. Partial Stat reset in the example of a full reset as a one time use per character, Fine. Partial stat reset in the example of limited stat points per amount of time(Day, Week) is not ok. After you are finally putting in the skills that has been the main theme of the server we are playing on after so long, with those skills changing so many classes and how they work.

#234 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:13 AM

1 time full reset makes more sense if characters were made before set date

Agreed - makes perfect sense...but in all the years of Ive been around WP - making sense is like a card drop rate around here.

#235 MikeSagara

MikeSagara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:48 AM

Honestly, if you guys add partial resets, i wouldn't mind going back to any other old server... it's just not cool to build something around one skill, and when we get the rebalance, we need to wait WEEKS to re-build the character... or is this just another strategy to make us create new characters and buy manuals ??

One time PER CHARACTER full reset would sound ok, you can even put a time frame npc to do this... let's say... 1 maintenance cycle sounds about right? 5 week days and 2 weekend days to get a reset on all the characters you have that need them sounds about the perfect ammount of time, maybe excessive...

But yeah.... partial resets.... honestly.... when in doubt, do a poll....

Players are the ones that play the game and keep the server alive and spend money on it... just saying....

#236 WhyFox

WhyFox

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:02 AM

Look, I can understand the problems that a full stat reset can give to one server, but the thing is, these problems only comes when you think about a server that doesn't have changes so drastically about almost all the mechanics in the game. So please, listen, people that play in Poring already did their pp's and pf's if thats your concern, this isn't going to be a problem. As an example, in my case, I don't feel the need at this point in time to redo a character if I can't just play with my already geared and modified one, so I wouldn't bother to continue.

As people already said in this topic, just do a poll and the results you guys get there are what we're going to get, without any of us crying. I doubt that you'll recieve any votes to not do a full reset or even the partial reset.

Just my two cents. Thanks in advance.

@edit: just to add something here... I'm not asking for an unlimited reset, you can give just one per char, but don't do the "20 stats reset" thingy. PLEASE.

Edited by WhyFox, 08 April 2020 - 09:28 AM.

#237 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:12 AM

1 full stat reset would be fair since this changes are so major. I say this even though my guild already has woe stats on our characters (and many people last woe did not). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users