Production Notes April 3rd, 2020 - Page 3 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Production Notes April 3rd, 2020

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
180 replies to this topic

#51 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:TRO

Posted 04 April 2020 - 03:29 PM

Anyone knows the new trigger chance of hindsight?

(2 x skill level)%

#52 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 April 2020 - 03:37 PM

I wanna remove that ME cooldown... but at the same time, I know if we did, it would destroy this game entirely... such Chaos.

#53 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 04 April 2020 - 03:56 PM

I wanna remove that ME cooldown... but at the same time, I know if we did, it would destroy this game entirely... such Chaos.

I want Cannon spear cooldown removed too! 

#54 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:11 PM

If ME got those changes without the cooldown, it would be the most overpowered skill in the entire game.

#55 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:36 PM

Old Glast Heim Advanced Instance (3X5nqY6.png)

• Additionally for RO1 The Old Glast Heim Advanced Instance will be implemented. Once we finish the official translation work on the skill balance changes, this instance is next on the block for us. We have the files, but we need to proceed with some translation first to make it work.

Will we receive the change to Muscle Fool enchant along with this? It was changed from Def to Vit

http://ro.gnjoy.com/...ew.asp?seq=6488

- 근육바보의 옵션이 DEF 증가에서 VIT 증가로 교체됩니다. (1/30 추가)

#56 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:42 PM

If ME got those changes without the cooldown, it would be the most overpowered skill in the entire game.

let ab rule the game, make em main killer !

#57 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:46 PM

But GTB = killed the game so rip ME

#58 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2145 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 04 April 2020 - 05:25 PM

headless mule card

headless mule card.

make him drop card please.

#59 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 05:57 PM

Time to change the community hats, let's reduce the CD just a bit :D

#60 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:18 PM

But GTB = killed the game so rip ME

Would force GTB as a default for WoE, still would -_- pvm up xD

Time to change the community hats, let's reduce the CD just a bit :D

That would require effort on my part, that died ages ago kek

#61 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:32 PM

11.3 Guillotine Fist
- Increases damage by 100% when there are 6 spirit sphere or more remains.

They love making Monk/Sura more OP.

#62 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:01 PM

Rest assured kRO will just release cash shop items to remove those skill cooldowns now that they've implemented them :heh:

#63 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 05 April 2020 - 12:30 AM

Rest assured kRO will just release cash shop items to remove those skill cooldowns now that they've implemented them :heh:

Most of them are from shadow gears too. :heh:

#64 activista

activista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSt. Capitolina Abbey
  • Server:Ghost

Posted 05 April 2020 - 10:00 AM

Skill/Stat Reset <3 TIA

#65 Chainboy23

Chainboy23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Un:Install

Posted 05 April 2020 - 10:07 AM

War of Emperium (nfGqzCP.png3X5nqY6.png)

• Next week, we're going to run WoE-time polls for each server.
  • A few rules we have regarding the poll results:
    • These polls will remain open until April 29th, 2020
    • WoE will take place on different days. Time precedence will be WoE 1, WoE TE, and WoE 2 (As applicable to each server)
    • Changes will be implemented on May 27th/28th depending on server.
    • If a server shows an extreme lack of interest in voting then the times will be left unchanged for that server.

Another poll for RT WoE 1 Times? What the hell Campitor????????????????????

WoE times should not be changed for Transcendence we already voted on it, doing a re-vote for the few cry baby's is just pandering to them, about time we are getting them skill changes.

>Weapons Crafted by Blacksmiths can now come with item options YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Camp Do we have a ETA on when we will get ninjas? also will we get a free stat/skill reset when the changes come in?

unknown.png

Why does RoT need to run another poll? They decided their woe time.

Why another poll for the WoE time? I don’t get it.
Also, good to finally have the rebalance, I’ve been waiting for this for so long!! Thanks and keep up the good work!

TBH, I really dont like another poll for WoE Time, we already voted and the majority won, fair and square.

#66 2999140515055616440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 03:40 PM

So the new ME would still be using the same damage formula? That is crazy strong considering that it would be able to deal damage to all type of enemies.

headless mule card

headless mule card.

make him drop card please.

And Mavka card... :sob:

#67 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:27 PM

So the new ME would still be using the same damage formula? That is crazy strong considering that it would be able to deal damage to all type of enemies.

And Mavka card... :sob:

Yeah, but the cooldown offsets the crazy thing. Currently, you can spam ME with a +9 Shrine Maiden Hat, to the point where you can cover up to 9 ME at any one stage, which is INSANE on a TI map with dual targets, I remember getting from 130~150 in like 40mins of High TI grinding with a BMX3. With the changes, you can still do it, but the 6 second CD means that really you can only every have 2 ~ 3 up at any one time. Just remember, when leveling with ME though, you need to make a party and set it to EXP Share, that way you will get EXP even if kills are on the other side of the map.

#68 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:58 PM

it's both a buff and a nerf at the same time.

For one, it enables ABs to aoe kill any monster with ME (because they couldn't be F* to make Judex decent instead), on the other hand, in situations when you are killing undead/demons, your killing speed is severely limited compared to what we have right now.

The single target on monsters weak to it will be pretty high, since it's a 30~70% damage increase depending on how many conditions match for the monster.

#69 2999140515055616440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, but the cooldown offsets the crazy thing. Currently, you can spam ME with a +9 Shrine Maiden Hat, to the point where you can cover up to 9 ME at any one stage, which is INSANE on a TI map with dual targets, I remember getting from 130~150 in like 40mins of High TI grinding with a BMX3. With the changes, you can still do it, but the 6 second CD means that really you can only every have 2 ~ 3 up at any one time. Just remember, when leveling with ME though, you need to make a party and set it to EXP Share, that way you will get EXP even if kills are on the other side of the map.

Yeah I can see what you mean on the cooldown. But it's still pretty crazy considering how ME works where it stays around and deal multiple waves of damages and now it works on all types of enemies.

Other skills like Meteor Assault would start to look crazy too with the increased damage.

Can't wait to try the new Focused Arrow Strike though. Can't remember when is the last time I used it. :ani_swt3:

#70 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:16 PM

For Camp and team

Is there any plans to address the value loss of the new VIP system? 1500WPE before would get you 30days vip +1500kp, now it gets +900kp instead.

I really feel like giving an honest shot with the skill changes and all that, and would very much prefer to have the easier time VIP gives you, but i still won't buy it out of principle that it just got dumpstered for no good reason. Can we expect some better deal for it?

#71 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:32 PM

For Camp and team

Is there any plans to address the value loss of the new VIP system? 1500WPE before would get you 30days vip +1500kp, now it gets +900kp instead.

I really feel like giving an honest shot with the skill changes and all that, and would very much prefer to have the easier time VIP gives you, but i still won't buy it out of principle that it just got dumpstered for no good reason. Can we expect some better deal for it?

Everything in the world is inflation. Don't expect the game service to always keep the same price.

The price adjustment to new VIP system is acceptable. It is fine. Every chargeable service in the game is already so cheap.

WP needs profits, to support the server cost, to pay for technical team, and to pay for copyright of kRO, and so on. However the income of the game is limited, especially in the current situation that we don't have new OCP.

If you want to let iRO server continue to open, don't complain the price adjustment. Just pay and enjoy your VIP service.

#72 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:41 PM

FYI
Base level modifier of trans skills is (base level/100), same as 3rd classes skills.
BTW this modifier doesn't reduce skill base dmg if character level is lower than 100.

Edited by Sigma1, 05 April 2020 - 06:41 PM.

#73 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:52 PM

FYI
Base level modifier of trans skills is (base level/100), same as 3rd classes skills.
BTW this modifier doesn't reduce skill base dmg if character level is lower than 100.

Thank you for providing this information!  :wub:

#74 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:24 PM

Everything in the world is inflation. Don't expect the game service to always keep the same price.

The price adjustment to new VIP system is acceptable. It is fine. Every chargeable service in the game is already so cheap.

WP needs profits, to support the server cost, to pay for technical team, and to pay for copyright of kRO, and so on. However the income of the game is limited, especially in the current situation that we don't have new OCP.

If you want to let iRO server continue to open, don't complain the price adjustment. Just pay and enjoy your VIP service.

They can adjust their direct pricing on WPE if adjusting for inflation was the goal.  But not replacing the old deals they set in place since the new system has been implemented is just plain oversight that hasn't been adressed since.

Anyways, that's not comenting on the basics, that having a more appealing option to spend money generates more profit through higher sales than raising your product price, since they hold an infinite supply on it (it's just virtual codes)

Edited by Ashuckel, 05 April 2020 - 07:28 PM.

#75 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:47 PM

They can adjust their direct pricing on WPE if adjusting for inflation was the goal.  But not replacing the old deals they set in place since the new system has been implemented is just plain oversight that hasn't been adressed since.

Anyways, that's not comenting on the basics, that having a more appealing option to spend money generates more profit through higher sales than raising your product price, since they hold an infinite supply on it (it's just virtual codes)

Singlely adjust the price of VIP is much better than wholely raise the price of WPE.

One another issue is the current pricing of VIP is already the reasonable price. It doen't cost much, only 250kp for 10 days, but has a very powerful function. It is worthwhile, and is affordable by everyone. It is even cheaper than some gaming boost like WTFAST, which some iRO players will also buy.

At the same time, since the VIP is 10-day design, you can have a good utilization of it. There may be an interval like several days you don't log in the game, and you can avoid having VIP in the days you are absent. This will still potentially save your money in buying VIP.   In the old VIP era I buy 180 days VIP but the utilization rate is actually not high. I sometimes have a lot of continuous days not log in. 

And Infinite supply doesn't mean no cost. Game technical team, server base, copyright fees, those are all cost of this virtual codes, and those costs are very high. Players have to pay to sustain the providing of this service.  :p_smile:

Edited by crystalerLM, 05 April 2020 - 10:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users