Why isn't there more matk focused Genesis Ray RGs? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why isn't there more matk focused Genesis Ray RGs?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paperpaper123

Paperpaper123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 April 2020 - 11:05 AM

I saw one vid of a physical Genesis Ray RG but then I look at the skill and..

Damage (MATK) = [Base_Damage_MATK + (Banding_Guards × 200) × (JobLv ÷ 25)]%

1500+200x2.4=4080 for 10 secs under banding and banding has no cool down o.o. Even without banding looks superior to physical not hard to get aspd matk and mdef bypass o.o.

Edited by Paperpaper123, 05 April 2020 - 04:14 PM.

#2 Debonair

Debonair

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:25 PM

I was curious about this too.  I was going to make a Grand Cross crusader with the new updates, and the only RG skill that really follows from that build is Genesis Ray.

I guess everyone would rather make a Rune Knight instead.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:54 PM

Because RGs have a much easier time scaling ATK than MATK.

Also banding is ehh to use since it requires other RGs to also have it and party with you and be at a very close distance.

Also because it deals both types of damage, you don't need to gear for defense pierce on it.

When it gets the rebalance and becomes fully magical and without the banding/inspiration requirements, then it will see more use, but will have a lower damage ceiling.

#4 Paperpaper123

Paperpaper123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:13 PM

Because RGs have a much easier time scaling ATK than MATK.

Also banding is ehh to use since it requires other RGs to also have it and party with you and be at a very close distance.

Also because it deals both types of damage, you don't need to gear for defense pierce on it.

When it gets the rebalance and becomes fully magical and without the banding/inspiration requirements, then it will see more use, but will have a lower damage ceiling.

I saw that genesis ray becomes lvl 10 and full holy magic but didn't see damage formula. Do you know what it will be?

If I was gonna go a build I would rather build for what it will be later than have to sell gear down the road. What weapon would a matk rg use btw?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users