MVP drop - Transcendence Technical Support / Bug Reports - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

MVP drop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 7854130609051302393

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 April 2020 - 09:53 PM

Good morning, can you tell me how MVP loot is defined? Because this happens when winning the MVP, but loot is going to someone else. Even giving less damage.

I was told that whoever gives the first wins the loot, but I already won the MVP and Drop arriving later and winning.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:43 PM

AFAIK, first hit gets a bonus to pick up loot.

#3 7854130609051302393

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:01 AM

AFAIK, first hit gets a bonus to pick up loot.

Do you know how much this bonus is for me?

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:02 PM

Loot priority =/= getting the MVP award

MVP is simply the sum of damage dealt+damage received, and it awards the mvp pop up, the extra exp from it and mvp prizes

Loot priority is only the damage dealt to the monster, but the player to make the 1st hit to the monster has it's "loot points" doubled.

So if a monster has 1million health, and someone deals 400k damage, then you come and deal 700k damage. You get the mvp award, since 700>400, but the first person gets his/her points doubled, becoming 800k, and thus getting loot priority.

#5 NashHen

NashHen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2020 - 06:19 AM

This feels all over the place lately.

I'm pretty sure I got the Amon Ra loot couple days ago while getting the mvp but no first hit (even checked the recording) and doing very similar damage to the other players (by my current understanding I shouldn't be able to pick the loot). Today I got the first hit, didn't get mvp and did very similar damage to the other knight competing, but couldn't get the loot regardless (also checked the recording to be sure).

#6 XianHuo

XianHuo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 05:24 PM

This seems like a bad design for MVPs specifically (although is probably good for regular mobs due to KSing).

The main issue here is that if you play with slightly higher ping, you are at a higher disadvantage due to skills like Spear Boomerang. I've been able to get the award multiple times, but due to being unable to get the first hit, I don't get the loot which is very frustrating.

#7 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 May 2020 - 03:20 PM

they never really clarify how the loot priority works

there was an instance where moonie spawns and my friend asura it for 200k and clearly got first hit, then the other monk also dealth 200k and the moonie died.

the thing is, the other monk ended up getting the mvp and the loot? like how is that even work lol

#8 Arthurlol

Arthurlol

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 01:06 PM

This system is not working well and some players abuse from that, i will expose what happens on LoD, i'm one of the guys who farm it a lot, and a guy called Mylta_- every day kill it too, that guy simply runs to deal the first damage and don't care if die or don't in the mvp, he only wait it die if he got the first damage, he deal 100~120k on a mvp with 603k life and won the drops, when i have 330k+ lexed and sometimes i give 500k damage and happens that in the screen shot.

https://prnt.sc/sfmqnq

PS: This guy called Mylta_- really don't care about lose mvp, he only go to mvp to deal the first damage and take the loot, like a bug abuser.

This is not cool, because we are only with low tiers mvps for now, but when bio3, valk, bzb comes...

Edited by Arthurlol, 12 May 2020 - 01:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users