[Ragnarok Transcendence] General Newbie Questions - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Ragnarok Transcendence] General Newbie Questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Quantorion

Quantorion

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 08:58 PM

Hi guys!

I'm a new player on RT and have some basic questions regarding the game mechanism of RT. I'm quite familiar with the classic and renewal concepts but RT seems to be stepping on both lands (I guess the term is revvo-classic)?

So my understanding on the key differences between classic and renewal are the available classes, systems (stats, skills, atk, etc), and items.

I tried to understand and find out what are the classical and renewal elements that being poured into RT and here's what I found:

1. Renewal mechanism applied in RT

A. Status

B. Skills

C. Cast time (no instant cast with 150 dex)

D. ATK (ie: double strafe does more damage with a 2-hydra gakkung than a 2-hydra-2-skelworker composite bow)

E. Party system (the more members the more exp bonus)

F. Exp gained

2. Classic mechanism applied in RT

A. Monster spawn (I realized high orcs still spawn from west of orc village while in renewal they only spawn in ET & clock tower B2)

3. What I'm not sure

A. ASPD (max 190 or max 193)?

B. Classes (will RT go all the way to GX, RK, Ranger, etc)?

C. EXP penalty (gain less exp when fighting monsters that are too far in level difference with you)?

D. Items and item drops (following renewal or classic - ie: mavka drops card and cecil damon drops giant crossbow)?

4. I have totally no idea about

A. Weapons with built-in enchants - how to get this?

B. Not all weapons have built-in enchants (searched hunter bow on vendings and very few popped up and none had enchants) - why?

C. Tried looking for orc archer bow, steel arrow, hunter bow, and hunting arrow because I thought under the renewal ATK mechanism, orc archer bow with steel arrow and hunter bow with hunting arrow give more damage than gakkung but I can't find OAB, steel arrow, or hunting arrow on vending.

I'd be grateful if you guys can help me correct / answer my list above or if there's any links available by the RT developer to answer my above questions, thanks a lot!

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 April 2020 - 10:36 PM

every underlying mechanic is from renewal. There doesn't exist any officially supported "classic" anymore, nor will ever.

Spawns were using revo-classic initially, but they are kinda f"ed, and many maps have been reverted to what renewal has, since it has a better leveling curve/location for the more initial lvls. (supposedly more will change in the future)

193 aspd is just for 3rd jobs
no way to know what will be avaiable or not, they might, or not, no ETA on anything.
exp penalty from renewal expanded to a 30 lvl range, up and down
mostly follows revo-classic drop tables

weapons drop with enchants. Only drops generates them, Stealing gear will get clean copies of them
NPC/Stolen weapons are clean
OAB isn't in. Hunting Arrow is only introduced in late stages of renewal, post 3rd jobs.

#3 Quantorion

Quantorion

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 12:12 AM

every underlying mechanic is from renewal. There doesn't exist any officially supported "classic" anymore, nor will ever.

Spawns were using revo-classic initially, but they are kinda f"ed, and many maps have been reverted to what renewal has, since it has a better leveling curve/location for the more initial lvls. (supposedly more will change in the future)

193 aspd is just for 3rd jobs
no way to know what will be avaiable or not, they might, or not, no ETA on anything.
exp penalty from renewal expanded to a 30 lvl range, up and down
mostly follows revo-classic drop tables

weapons drop with enchants. Only drops generates them, Stealing gear will get clean copies of them
NPC/Stolen weapons are clean
OAB isn't in. Hunting Arrow is only introduced in late stages of renewal, post 3rd jobs.

On point, loud and clear.. Thanks a lot!

#4 M0ceaN

M0ceaN

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:12 AM

Please tell me, is there a drop penalty?

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:14 AM

drop penalties are disabled on all iRO servers

#6 M0ceaN

M0ceaN

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:11 AM

drop penalties are disabled on all iRO servers

Great! Thanks :)
PS. And tell me, are multi-Windows officially allowed?

Edited by M0ceaN, 23 April 2020 - 07:12 AM.

#7 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:03 PM

You mean Dual clienting? Yes. It's allowed.

#8 M0ceaN

M0ceaN

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 12:56 AM

You mean Dual clienting? Yes. It's allowed.

Lost in translation, sorry)
Are only dual allowed?

#9 thedrkemperor

thedrkemperor

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 12:21 PM

hi, also new, was wondering what database should i be looking at for exp/job exp. Bigfoots are giving 310exp//348job, while Greatest generals are giving 291 exp//328 job. I can't find a database that matches this. 

thanks,

Hi guys!

I'm a new player on RT and have some basic questions regarding the game mechanism of RT. I'm quite familiar with the classic and renewal concepts but RT seems to be stepping on both lands (I guess the term is revvo-classic)?

So my understanding on the key differences between classic and renewal are the available classes, systems (stats, skills, atk, etc), and items.

I tried to understand and find out what are the classical and renewal elements that being poured into RT and here's what I found:

1. Renewal mechanism applied in RT

A. Status

B. Skills

C. Cast time (no instant cast with 150 dex)

D. ATK (ie: double strafe does more damage with a 2-hydra gakkung than a 2-hydra-2-skelworker composite bow)

E. Party system (the more members the more exp bonus)

F. Exp gained

2. Classic mechanism applied in RT

A. Monster spawn (I realized high orcs still spawn from west of orc village while in renewal they only spawn in ET & clock tower B2)

#10 Demonsaru

Demonsaru

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:54 PM

i had a question about items and stats/bonuses being broken or is it a diminishing returns factor. eg 

• Fenrir Chain [1]
  • Vanargand Helm [1] giving
    • Atk + 5%
    • Aspd + 5% with the helm +6 or higher which I have my helm at +7 and equipping and unequipping the items 1 at a time and watching the stats they don't change just wondering. This is on a 102 RK with 90 agi base. so with 90 base agi and beserk pot and 2hand quicken and these 2 items (no rune) my aspd only hits 187 with agi buff from priest/monk I hit 188

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:35 AM

% bonuses to your atk are not shown in the stat window

% aspd will reduce the delay between your attacks, and not always give a full point of aspd. You may be going from something like 187.04 to 187.92 aspd, and the game will show both as 187.

#12 Quantorion

Quantorion

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:21 PM

Hey guys I have several questions regarding race, element, and general damage modifiers:

1. As we know, +% race damage cards (such as hydra) has a cap of only +50% bonus max, that's why for a 3-slotted weapon, we never use 3 hydra, but instead use a 2 hydra & 1 skeleton worker card as combination. But what about the +% race damage bonus from weapon enchants? If a 3-slotted weapon has a +25% damage against demi-human monsters, does that mean it's only effective to put 1 hydra and fill up the rest of the slots with skeleton worker cards?

2. There's also weapon enchant that gives +% neutral damage bonus, which I assume is the default element for players in PVP & WOE? But what if I use elemental armor / elemental modifier armor card such as pasana (changes my armor to fire property)? Does that mean that the +% neutral damage bonus will not apply in that case?

3. In the latest skill rebalance update, it's mentioned that brandish spear now is a "long ranged physical damage". Does that mean that using archer skeleton cards will boost the brandish spear damage?

Thanks a lot!

#13 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 25 May 2020 - 04:46 AM

1. Where do you obtain the information from about 50% racial cap? It was never mentioned it is being capped but it does better to put different cards such as racial%, size% and even element% dmg instead putting same type of cards

2. Yes wearing other non neutral elemental damage will not getting %neutral dmg increment from player's weapon

3. Yes archer skel card works better for brandish spear dmg

#14 tupnn62u

tupnn62u

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 01:43 PM

Honestly I'm nice and I absolutely decide on it.  If we had been capable of regulate AI controls  I think this would be a decent device.  That or if this could auto goal mobs we are currently attacking to assist that might be first-rate too. Right now it's a chance to learn more about knives.  If you've got more than one monster on you and try to goal it. you may target the same one you're attacking half of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users