April 23rd Transcendence Maintenance - Page 3 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

April 23rd Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
225 replies to this topic

#51 Huwoji

Huwoji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:41 PM

Added a Costume Box to go on sale in the Kafra Shop

My heart leaped for joy when I saw this. Now I just hope the costume/costumes would look good (if they’re new) or the ones I have missed if they are just the old ones. Again, thank you soooo much!!! Campitor and the whole RO team. And thank you for your hardwork as always!

#52 Brenao

Brenao

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationVitória, Brasil
  • Server:RT

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:42 PM

Reset stats will be full or partial?

#53 bilulo420

bilulo420

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:43 PM

6PM or 8PM? /gg

Today is gonna be like 10PM lol

At least rebalance is here

#54 gabemayhem

gabemayhem

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:50 PM

btw, how your character works mostly doesnt change.  You still aim for the same stats, so stat builds would be largely unchanged for pretty much every class.

I Disagree with you, I know pretty how much stats and skills works as you.

I had a TyR Knight but now due to rebalance I like brandish spear build more, thus I need a stats change because the woe stats build tyr/brandish spear differs from each other.

Just an example

But I agree only 1 reset is enough

#55 tzovenosproject

tzovenosproject

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:53 PM

Sou novo aqui e estou tendo problema na hora de me conectar... eu coloco usuário/senha e nada acontece, até que depois de 5 segundos aparece " Ragnarok não está respondendo " e aparece uma mensagem depois dizendo: " Failed to connect to server. "  Isso é devido de que o servidor está offline durante a manutenção de hoje? E ela ainda está acontecendo?

#56 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:53 PM

Campitor - If work is completed early, do you open the servers early? That would be a treat!

So some users have asked what exactly we do during maintenance. So I figured I would share.

Current Maintenance task: IT team is checking the servers, making sure they have room for the next few months's worth of logs, new game data, etc. Then they will install windows updates.

#57 Supremuu

Supremuu

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:55 PM

Sou novo aqui e estou tendo problema na hora de me conectar... eu coloco usuário/senha e nada acontece, até que depois de 5 segundos aparece " Ragnarok não está respondendo " e aparece uma mensagem depois dizendo: " Failed to connect to server. "  Isso é devido de que o servidor está offline durante a manutenção de hoje? E ela ainda está acontecendo?

durante a manutenção o servidor fica off, ela vai provavelmente ate as 22h

#58 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:56 PM

I Disagree with you, I know pretty how much stats and skills works as you.

I had a TyR Knight but now due to rebalance I like brandish spear build more, thus I need a stats change because the woe stats build tyr/brandish spear differs from each other.

Just an example

But I agree only 1 reset is enough

You still want atk, Hit rate, HP.

The differing factor between bowling bash and brandish, is that brandish has some STR in it's formula, so you may want to get a bit more of that than before.

You will fill your Vit as you see fit, to make for stun immunity (100 total), or close to it, and an amount of HP you are confortable with.
You will judge how much hit rate is necessary, accounting for the 20% flee penalty on woe castles that everyone gets.
Stats for ailment resistances are still up to each one's discrection.
Str will go for weight and damage purposes, it just has a slightly higher value than before, but not exponentially higher.

So your stat build will mostly stay the same, and at best, you will divert more points into str if you want damage. If you don't want that damage, because baseline new Brandish is stronger than previous skills, you will then get more resistance stats.

You don't need a test realm to figure this out, just some logical thinking, and use the calc.irowiki to plan your points accordingly.

Edited by Ashuckel, 23 April 2020 - 02:03 PM.

#59 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:08 PM

You still want atk, Hit rate, HP.

The differing factor is that brandish has some STR in it's formula, so you may want to get a bit more of that than before.

You will fill your Vit as you see fit, to make for stun immunity (100 total), or close to it, and an amount of HP you are confortable with.
You will judge how much hit rate is necessary, accounting for the 20% flee penalty on woe castles that everyone gets.
Stats for ailment resistances are still up to each one's discrection.
Str will go for weight and damage purposes, it just has a slightly higher value than before, but not exponentially higher.

So your stat build will mostly stay the same, and at best, you will divert more points into str if you want damage. If you don't want that damage, because baseline new Brandish is stronger than previous skills, you will then get more resistance stats.

You don't need a test realm to figure this out, just some logical thinking, and use the calc.irowiki to plan your points accordingly.

Exactly..BTW is there a formula yet for the STR factor? 

Trying to see how 5 str is going to affect the damage..kinda sacrificing some key stats to reach 95str. But not sure if its worth it. 

#60 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:14 PM

Exactly..BTW is there a formula yet for the STR factor? 

Trying to see how 5 str is going to affect the damage..kinda sacrificing some key stats to reach 95str. But not sure if its worth it. 

Everything is in the rebalance compiled changes testing thread, in the main community chat section.

Mostly every skill with a damage formula change has the full formula documented there, wich i reverse engineered myself.

Edited by Ashuckel, 23 April 2020 - 02:15 PM.

#61 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:17 PM

Maintenance Task Update.
The last of the servers are installing their windows updates. The next phase is the GM request section. This is where we process all those restore requests that the server needs to be down for. Things like guild leadership transfers, Baby fixing, and other restore requests are processed at this time.

We also use this time to process item inserts. For example this week we have a final clean up insert related to extralife.

#62 CapivaraAlada

CapivaraAlada

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:20 PM

There are a lot of bots in ama_dun02 and ama_dun03. Also, there are so many bots in ayo_dun02 and iz_dun04.

I've been seeing so many people complaing about bots over this forum and yours Facebook page and you guys keep saying that your GM staff is working on it by logging and spying the bots around the maps, but the truth is that the amount of bots are raising over and over and it seems to be like you guys dont care about it.

It may be cause you guys were working on getting that rebalance to be done but this server is getting close to Ragnarok RE:Start day by day. I couldn't believe when I saw bots in iz_dun04 even without leaving their guilds and then I saw that guild in WoE. It means that guilds (not all of them) are abusing of your impunity and getting richer or getting their alt + q done because they know they won't be caught. Every single map I want to go for farming I gotta fight against bots ksing mobs.

Since you guys finally got this rebalance done, I hope your focus now is in getting these bots out of our server. Also, an oficial data base and a more detailed patch note would be nice

Edited by CapivaraAlada, 23 April 2020 - 02:24 PM.

#63 saywhatyoumean

saywhatyoumean

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:32 PM

There are a lot of bots in ama_dun02 and ama_dun03. Also, there are so many bots in ayo_dun02 and iz_dun04.

I've been seeing so many people complaing about bots over this forum and yours Facebook page and you guys keep saying that your GM staff is working on it by logging and spying the bots around the maps, but the truth is that the amount of bots are raising over and over and it seems to be like you guys dont care about it.

It may be cause you guys were working on getting that rebalance to be done but this server is getting close to Ragnarok RE:Start day by day. I couldn't believe when I saw bots in iz_dun04 even without leaving their guilds and then I saw that guild in WoE. It means that guilds (not all of them) are abusing of your impunity and getting richer or getting their alt + q done because they know they won't be caught. Every single map I want to go for farming I gotta fight against bots ksing mobs.

Since you guys finally got this rebalance done, I hope your focus now is in getting these bots out of our server. Also, an oficial data base and a more detailed patch note would be nice

Probably people are going to say things are not like that even though all of this is trully happening. It may be cus the guys who say that, are the same guys that use bots....

#64 KingMaker

KingMaker

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:39 PM

yay, skill rebalance, finally!

#65 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:39 PM

Please ban bots, stream and ban bots to make it more fun or just ban bots. Mayve you can spend atleast 30 minutes a day to ban them that would be helpful

#66 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:45 PM

Everything is in the rebalance compiled changes testing thread, in the main community chat section.

Mostly every skill with a damage formula change has the full formula documented there, wich i reverse engineered myself.

You mean this ---> "Brandish Spear damage formula is (400+(SkillLvl*10)+(STR*5))%" Then max would be about 1100%ATK just slightly stronger than BB at 99STR lmao but to get 99 str got to sacrifice HP and Hit

BB is 500% but its two hits with one hand sword and single target. So 1000%

Are you 100% sure about this formula?

#67 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:49 PM

You mean this ---> "Brandish Spear damage formula is (400+(SkillLvl*10)+(STR*5))%" Then max would be about 1100%ATK just slightly stronger than BB at 99STR lmao but to get 99 str got to sacrifice HP and Hit

BB is 500% but its two hits with one hand sword and single target. So 1000%

Are you 100% sure about this formula?

I am 100% sure on the formula.

I'm not sure on your math skills.

Edited by Ashuckel, 23 April 2020 - 02:57 PM.

#68 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:07 PM

Thanks Campitor! I appreciate the transparency!

I also would hope that staff limits the amount of time used for 'specific player requests' and encourages players to expect to wait so that personal requests don't interfere with the vast majority of players who are waiting to play!

If, for example, 6 PM rolls around, any left over player requests should wait until next maintenance (unless such requests are super simple to do).

I'm headed to the grocery store (thank goodness I have toilet paper) and I'm crossing my fingers for an open server at 6PM. I'm old and get tired early. LULZ.

#69 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:13 PM

I am 100% sure on the formula.

I'm not sure on your math skills.

Lol I calculated it with two ring of muscle as an approximation other weapons gives str so maybe max could get about 1100%ATK.

So its really not that great compared to BB. When I've read somewhere it says its the new strongest skill of knight when its not.

Assuming this using only one hand spears and swords. 

#70 nitaant1234

nitaant1234

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:18 PM

All right, let's try to be civil and polite with our responses to one another :) I had to go and remove a few posts already.

this rebalance is great. we need rebalance for monsters in relation to not having trans/3rd jobs though. Mob spawn combinations (arclouse in prison 2, for instance), and mob 95% flee formulas need to change (good example is arclouse again requiring 450+ flee which is impossible to attain on most any class even with 99 agi and flee gears). Right now only a handful of viable leveling/farming spots. Given that there are dozens and dozens and dozens of maps in the game, its quite pathetic that the entire population is forced to grind just a handful of maps. Also, we need more frenzy maps, this 'just orc dun' is retarded and not the way zero works at all.

#71 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:21 PM

someone please do it for me omg

Edited by Ashuckel, 23 April 2020 - 03:23 PM.

#72 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:22 PM

So the GM requests phase is wrapping up. Now were moving to patching the server and testing.

#73 InusT

InusT

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:30 PM

someone please do it for me omg

I got you bud

To other guy:

Read slightly above the formula you copy pasted from the testing thread in the OP - it clearly states 100%/sl above it.

Using some quickmaffs here and logical inference with a str of 100 (not that hard when knight has +8 mod at job 50 btw, and bless now gives bonus hit so hit isn't as much of an issue) - (400 + 100*10 + 500)% ATK

would be 1900%, not 1100%. This is not accounting for the affect % ranged modifiers etc have on this skill since it is ranged-type damage now.

Edited by InusT, 23 April 2020 - 03:32 PM.

#74 jitterscrux

jitterscrux

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 247 posts
  • LocationPoopland
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:33 PM

good move warpportal 11/10 you get a S rank for giving people a full stat reset and partial stat reset option need week  :no1:

To all you people crying about needing more then one reset, download Renewal (chaos) and play around with builds on its sakray sever i have been doing that all week testing stuff out & making videos, they have NPCs with Gear & Cards to test with.

PS

And if you say something dumb like (but RT is not renewal) RT is a copy of renewal with some random Zero stuff and crazy text document editing by Campitor ok!

eff40fe34d31945ead4f89bd39a68611--hoa-de

Amen Brother.

#75 Alexsyko

Alexsyko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:33 PM

Can anyone explain how new hindsight works? I know we can cast earth spike and heavens drive but is the proc chance increased? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users