9 replies to this topic

#1 BucksBR

BucksBR

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 06:38 AM

Hello guys !

Now, we have re balance skills up. Someone have tips for dancers and bards? Guides? Clans? Videos?

Where can I get more information about builds and etc?

Thanks for now!

<3  :wub:

#2 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:20 PM

I started a bard a few days ago. Not sure its worth writing up a guide with, but here's my experience so far. Obviously take this all with a grain of salt, as it's just my experiences from playing Bard for the past week.

Stats

-Dex is still your main stat, Int is probably your best secondary stat. With Magnificat, you can sustain constant use of Melody Strike/Slinging Arrow with about 40 base Int (probably less, but this is how much I had). This also gives you plenty of room for using your songs/dances, which are huge SP hogs.

-The rest of your stats are to taste. I split mine between Agi and Vit. ASPD isn't really an issue though, especially as a bard you get tons of ASPD for free using an instrument. Luck is an option as well for that extra bit of atk/matk. Str does nothing for you except weight limit. I still have to test how much ASPD affects spammability of Melody Strike/Slinging Arrow. Anecdotally, it doesn't feel like it affects it all that much, so you might be better off keeping Agi to a minimum and focusing other stats.

Skills

-1st class skills...well, it's Archer, it's hard to mess this up. I started with Owl Eye, then started using Arrow Shower to level as soon as I could. Left Vulture's Eye at 9, though in hindsight I'd probably move a point to it from Double Strafe, as I've never used Double Strafe at all.

-Melody Strike/Slinging Arrow is VERY STRONG. This is your main skill for leveling. It's damage will have you one shotting most things until high 80s+, and it's incredibly spammable. It also has an absurd range, allowing you to hit enemies that are barely even on your screen.

-Don't underestimate Lessons. Each gives 1% SP per level, Bards get 1% ASPD and Dancers get 1 Crit. But the main attraction is the damage - each level significantly increases the damage of Melody Strike/Slinging Arrow.

-Don't neglect Amp and Encore. They will help significantly with SP management.

-Gypsy's Kiss is the best Dance. Lady Luck is very strong, but only if you have a party member who can take advantage of it (you probably won't be able to). Slow Grace is WoE only, Focus Ballet is probably useless except for some niche high level party usage to compensate for party members who don't invest in proper weapons.

-Bard songs are a lot more swingy. Strings is best for Casters. Riff is best for Physical Damage classes. Lutie is decent as a general support, and will probably compete with Strings for best WoE song. The Flee song seems pretty bad unless you're going full Agi, which you probably shouldn't.

-Ensembles only require one of the pair to have the skill. So you don't need to find a partner with Mental Sensing as long as you already have it, etc.

-Ensembles stop you (and your partner) from using skills for 10 seconds after you cast them, and seem to last for 60 seconds. Which means you probably won't be using them unless you have another killer in party.

-Battle Theme, Harmonic Lick, and Mental Sensing are all (on paper at least) useful Ensembles. If you're in a leveling party, you will probably be stuck using Mental Sensing though. Remember you can only have one Ensemble up at a time regardless of the number of performers in your party, but you can have a Song and a Dance active alongside it.

Leveling

-Leveling is extraordinarily easy.

-Level your archer as any other archer.

-Focus getting Melody Strike/Sling Arrow maxed first.

-Once you can hit 2k with fire arrows, go to Groves. (Comodo > East > East)

-Once you can hit 3200~ with Water Arrows, go to Grand Pecos. (Alde > North > West > North) Getting a cheap +% to Fire or +% to Brute weapon will help out. Beware of the wonky Peco AI, sometimes they will be aggressive. This is your best solo option.

-Once you can hit 4000~ with Stone Arrows, go to Harpies (Juno > South) You will probably want a +% to Wind or +% to Demon weapon to get there easier. This spot may be difficult without a priest, or someone that can tank for you. This is probably your best party option for a while. If you are soloing, be ready to either teleport a lot to get away from mobs, or chug healing items.

Both of those leveling spots can reasonably take you from mid-to-high 50s all the way into your 80s, potentially even 90 if you are patient enough.

In general, for those who are used to playing Performers before the rebalance, you will feel your support ability is significantly weaker than before. In exchange, you are able to give that support on the fly - no more stuck in place while singing/dancing, no more have two pairs of performers to keep songs, dances, and ensembles going. You also now have significant DPS, which means you will actually have to invest in real weapons now. 

I'm still trying to work out the best way to gear up, but my initial findings using compare.irowiki.org so far look like this:

Starter Weapon: Elemental Guitar (Burning Passion, Green Acre, Loner's, etc)

Budget Weapon: Guitar [1] (Look for +% that matches your leveling spots, anything above 10% is probably fine)

High Level Weapon: Lute [3] (Correct +% to Element/Race will give you more mileage than Long Range damage generally, but if you can get both, super. Probably avoid Archer Skeletons, and go 2x1x Race/Element, so that the 1x matches the +% option on the weapon.)

Best in Slot: Oriental Lute (Perfectly rolled with Long Ranged Damage and +% is best, but slotting it with 1xRace1xElement will beat the optioned version unless the rolls are EXTREMELY good)

I haven't tested the Fever Field Violins at all, but I can't imagine them competing, since Guitars and Oriental Lutes have basically triple their base attack.

Aside from the +% modifier, which you should pick based on where you want to level, the best option for you is obviously going to be Long Ranged damage. 

As far as Dancer weapons, I would probably just stick with the Fever Field Whip (there should be plenty of options for you to choose from, ranging from budget to high-end), with Best in Slot probably being the Queen's Whip (similar to Oriental Lute, perfectly rolled is best, but properly carded will probably beat out the options.) I haven't leveled a Dancer really, so I would recommend doing some research yourself on this matter.

#3 Hiban

Hiban

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:48 PM

I started a bard a few days ago. Not sure its worth writing up a guide with, but here's my experience so far. Obviously take this all with a grain of salt, as it's just my experiences from playing Bard for the past week.

Stats

-Dex is still your main stat, Int is probably your best secondary stat. With Magnificat, you can sustain constant use of Melody Strike/Slinging Arrow with about 40 base Int (probably less, but this is how much I had). This also gives you plenty of room for using your songs/dances, which are huge SP hogs.

-The rest of your stats are to taste. I split mine between Agi and Vit. ASPD isn't really an issue though, especially as a bard you get tons of ASPD for free using an instrument. Luck is an option as well for that extra bit of atk/matk. Str does nothing for you except weight limit. I still have to test how much ASPD affects spammability of Melody Strike/Slinging Arrow. Anecdotally, it doesn't feel like it affects it all that much, so you might be better off keeping Agi to a minimum and focusing other stats.

Skills

-1st class skills...well, it's Archer, it's hard to mess this up. I started with Owl Eye, then started using Arrow Shower to level as soon as I could. Left Vulture's Eye at 9, though in hindsight I'd probably move a point to it from Double Strafe, as I've never used Double Strafe at all.

-Melody Strike/Slinging Arrow is VERY STRONG. This is your main skill for leveling. It's damage will have you one shotting most things until high 80s+, and it's incredibly spammable. It also has an absurd range, allowing you to hit enemies that are barely even on your screen.

-Don't underestimate Lessons. Each gives 1% SP per level, Bards get 1% ASPD and Dancers get 1 Crit. But the main attraction is the damage - each level significantly increases the damage of Melody Strike/Slinging Arrow.

-Gypsy's Kiss is the best Dance. Lady Luck is very strong, but only if you have a party member who can take advantage of it (you probably won't be able to). Slow Grace is WoE only, Focus Ballet is probably useless except for some niche high level party usage to compensate for party members who don't invest in proper weapons.

-Bard songs are a lot more swingy. Strings is best for Casters. Riff is best for Physical Damage classes. Lutie is decent as a general support, and will probably compete with Strings for best WoE song. The Flee song seems pretty bad unless you're going full Agi, which you probably shouldn't.

-Ensembles only require one of the pair to have the skill. So you don't need to find a partner with Mental Sensing as long as you already have it, etc.

-Ensembles stop you (and your partner) from using skills for 10 seconds after you cast them, and seem to last for 60 seconds. Which means you probably won't be using them unless you have another killer in party.

-Battle Theme, Harmonic Lick, and Mental Sensing are all (on paper at least) useful Ensembles. If you're in a leveling party, you will probably be stuck using Mental Sensing though. Remember you can only have one Ensemble up at a time regardless of the number of performers in your party, but you can have a Song and a Dance active alongside it.

Leveling

-Once you can hit 3200~ with Water Arrows, go to Grand Pecos. (Alde > North > West > North) Getting a cheap +% to Fire or +% to Brute weapon will help out. Beware of the wonky Peco AI, sometimes they will be aggressive. This is your best solo option.

-Once you can hit 4000~ with Stone Arrows, go to Harpies (Juno > South) You will probably want a +% to Wind or +% to Demon weapon to get there easier. This spot may be difficult without a priest, or someone that can tank for you. This is probably your best party option for a while. If you are soloing, be ready to either teleport a lot to get away from mobs, or chug healing items.

Both of those leveling spots can reasonably take you from mid-to-high 50s all the way into your 80s, potentially even 90 if you are patient enough.

In general, for those who are used to playing Performers before the rebalance, you will feel your support ability is significantly weaker than before. In exchange, you are able to give that support on the fly - no more stuck in place while singing/dancing, no more have two pairs of performers to keep songs, dances, and ensembles going. You also now have significant DPS, which means you will actually have to invest in real weapons now. 

I'm still trying to work out the best way to gear up, but my initial findings using compare.irowiki.org so far look like this:

Budget Weapon: Guitar [1] (Look for +% that matches your leveling spots, anything above 10% is probably fine)

High Level Weapon: Lute [3] (Correct +% to Element/Race will give you more mileage than Long Range damage generally, but if you can get both, super. Probably avoid Archer Skeletons, and go 2x1x Race/Element, so that the 1x matches the +% option on the weapon.)

Best in Slot: Oriental Lute (Perfectly rolled with Long Ranged Damage and +% is best, but slotting it with 1xRace1xElement will beat the optioned version unless the rolls are EXTREMELY good)

I haven't tested the Fever Field Violins at all, but I can't imagine them competing, since Guitars and Oriental Lutes have basically triple their base attack.

Aside from the +% modifier, which you should pick based on where you want to level, the best option for you is obviously going to be Long Ranged damage. 

As far as Dancer weapons, I would probably just stick with the Fever Field Whip (there should be plenty of options for you to choose from, ranging from budget to high-end), with Best in Slot probably being the Queen's Whip (similar to Oriental Lute, perfectly rolled is best, but properly carded will probably beat out the options.) I haven't leveled a Dancer really, so I would recommend doing some research yourself on this matter.

Woah. Came here looking for some help and answers and you helped me a lot. Thank you! I do have a few questions to add though, some that I'm not entirely sure about since the rebalance in RT server. 

1. I know music lessons/dancing lessons no longer affect the efficiency of song skills, but will the player stats still influence the song? For example, a 99agi bard's "impressive riff" skill will be more efficient than another bard with 99 in some other stat unrelated to "impressive riff"? 

2. You mentioned that only one, either the dancer or the bard need to know the ensemble skill. So, does that mean that if I'm a bard with Battle Theme level max and I party with a dancer that does not have Battle Theme at all...we will still be able to cast it at its maxed level?

3. I'm a little confused on the Harmonic Lick skill on RT, the skill says "Performs an ensemble that will add piercing damage on the attack of all players around the performers." It then lists a variety of buffs at the very bottom. Will the other players receive all those buffs or is it a random buff of the listed few? Do they change as the song plays? What exactly happens when you cast this skill? 

if you could answer that would be awesome! thank you!

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 May 2020 - 04:06 PM

1 no

2  yes

3 ingame descriptions are not completely accurate yet, check the Sakray Testing Compilation on Community Chat to see what the skills do after the rebalance, while game/wiki are slowly updated. In short, it's a mini Battle Chant.

#5 Hiban

Hiban

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:38 AM

1 no

2  yes

3 ingame descriptions are not completely accurate yet, check the Sakray Testing Compilation on Community Chat to see what the skills do after the rebalance, while game/wiki are slowly updated. In short, it's a mini Battle Chant.

Thanks for info and the reference, I searched it and went there and got more info thanks

#6 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:19 PM

Just dropping by to add this information since I couldn't find it anywhere else. Bard/Dancer buffs seem to last 1 minute. Not sure about Ensemble skills. I tested this by using a stopwatch when I used Gypsy's Kiss. I can tell the buff ended because my max SP went down to normal.

#7 BucksBR

BucksBR

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:04 PM

Stats

Skills

Leveling

Thank you so much !  :ani_awsm:  :ani_awsm:  :ani_awsm:

For now, I really want to discuss about specific builds.

Now, I have two dancers, first for WoE support and the second I will try get MVP  :rice:

WoE Support Dancer:  :ani_sry:

For: 1 + 12

Agi: 48 + 25

Vit: 92 + 3

Int: 55 + 15

Dex: 66 + 34

Luk: 2 + 8

(with bless, agi up and concentration)

Skills

https://irowiki.org/...JjJbaScKGO1gBbx

Thank you again guys !

#8 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:40 PM

Stats look mostly fine to me. I have no idea what the formula is for Slow Grace as far as Agi/Dex are concerned, so I can't comment in that regard, everything else seems fairly reasonable.

If you're going pure WoE (as in, resetting after leveling to this build), I'm not sure you'll need that much Int. The main advantage it gives is sustain for leveling, so if you are in a WoE environment where SP consumables are readily available, I'd consider dropping it for more Agi/Dex.

As for skills, while I can see an argument for Acoustic Rhythm, I feel like Battle Theme will play better into the current meta.

While Acoustic Rhythm certainly seems useful, it seems much easier to play around. All it takes is an Aspersio or a Cursed Water (or just not bothering to use a converter if you're not afraid of Raydric Cards) and you've completely nullified it. I could see some strats like BSS + Acoustic Rhythm for great reduction against all four converters and aspersio, but that CW is still going to bite you. Battle Theme, on the other hand, is a flat 75 ATK and DEF to everyone, which is great offensively and can't be ignored with a virtually free consumable. As things like Broccas, Executioners, and (especially) Ice Picks become more common, this could be a bit moot (or even a liability), but that ATK boost is very significant, and the DEF boost is still hard to ignore when Knights are the thing to beat.

#9 Walkinator

Walkinator

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:27 PM

I have been thinking how to maximaze my dps with melody strike, does aspd help?

#10 Jerranger

Jerranger

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:52 AM

I have been thinking how to maximaze my dps with melody strike, does aspd help?

Aspd helps somewhat, but I've noticed it doesn't make a major difference in regards to the delay between Melody Strikes. I've noticed that Melody Strike delay is shortened in 2 instances:

1) When taking physical damage

2) When moving

What I mean by the second instance is that if you Melody Strike, then off-click to move your character slightly, then immediately Melody Strike again, this greatly reduces the delay between Melody Strikes compared to if you were to stand in one place and try to Melody Strike the same monster twice in a row. This trick (along with a concentration pot) is basically all you need to cast multiple Melody Strikes in succession fairly quickly with no investment in AGI. This will allow you to invest your stat points elsewhere, say maximizing long ranged damage.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users