April 30th Transcendence Maintenance - Page 2 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

April 30th Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#26 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 05:51 AM

Is there a limit for the partial stat reset? How many times we can reset stats using this service?

#27 UlrichStern

UlrichStern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationBeyond where the sun touches
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:The good one wink wink

Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:48 AM

How do we get magical stones?

#28 tabbernack2

tabbernack2

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:56 AM

You guys are so demanding it's incredible, the staff comes up with weekly updates and you still find room to complain. Have patience, maybe?

I'm sure we will get to see the Blacksmith table. And LOL, someone said "Completely reset the ranked list and add an option for linker buff." HAHAHA is this a private server now? Option for linker buff? Reset the ranked list? How about the people who have been spending hundreds of dollars, in-game time, and zeny, to get ranked? Screw them, right? Incredible, really.

I am grateful for the updates and the amazing work that's being made, thanks for providing a fun server for me to play with my friends.

Literally both rank resets and linkers buffs have existed on Chaos for a long time.

Rank resets: keeps competition fresh. Would be dumb to maintain a running board for years. No new alchemist could compete... ever.

Linker complaint: I’ve been in top ranks for a few weeks now. To hell with spending the equivalent of a part time job for months on end just to supply guild. Also, don’t argue from a sunk cost/time fallacy.

Linker enchants improve quality of life significantly. The only folks that don’t want it are the ones running bots non stop. They have limited competition for quantity on the market if they sell.

100% if you put a time barrier in front of something, it will always become dominated by botters.

#29 Yasi

Yasi

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:05 AM

yep, rank reset now so everyone can start fresh on the blacksmith ranking.

#30 Desconet

Desconet

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:09 AM

yep, rank reset now so everyone can start fresh on the blacksmith ranking.

Joke hahahaha.

Want to be in the rank? Work for this ...

#31 Herchpagura

Herchpagura

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:20 AM

Literally both rank resets and linkers buffs have existed on Chaos for a long time.

Rank resets: keeps competition fresh. Would be dumb to maintain a running board for years. No new alchemist could compete... ever.

Linker complaint: I’ve been in top ranks for a few weeks now. To hell with spending the equivalent of a part time job for months on end just to supply guild. Also, don’t argue from a sunk cost/time fallacy.

Linker enchants improve quality of life significantly. The only folks that don’t want it are the ones running bots non stop. They have limited competition for quantity on the market if they sell.

100% if you put a time barrier in front of something, it will always become dominated by botters.

I agree with the rank reset, but how long has it been? Has it been years?

It's been only a few months, the blacksmiths have been working hard to keep the top spots - now that the enchants are finally released, you want the ranks to reset. That's extremely unfair, the top blacksmiths had absolutely no advantage up until today. They have been fighting for the top spots exactly because of this coming update. Yeah, sure, let's just reset it now that there's finally a reason to be top 5. LOL.

I'm sure if you put yourself in their shoes you will understand that it wouldn't be fair to reset it now. And of course the administration is not going to do it.

As I said, I agree with eventually having a ranking reset to keep competition fresh and provide new players a chance to reach the top - but not so soon :)

#32 Yasi

Yasi

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:58 AM

reason why wp should rank reset - let the whale spend more money on oris to refine trash weapons to +10 again :D

#33 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 09:07 AM

Will 7 Safe Certs come into RT? Kinda very discouraging when you break a good enchant weapons or armors. I hope this would come at some time limited.

#34 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 30 April 2020 - 09:55 AM

Alchemist and Blacksmith ranks should reset. However it needs to be on a set schedule so people are aware and not a 1 week notice. For example every 6 months the ranks reset. 

I don't understand why things are announced without details (for example: the partial stat reset). It would take under 2 minutes to type out everything we need to know about it (amount of stats reset, delay before using again). 

Edited by AaronP2W, 30 April 2020 - 09:57 AM.

#35 WallacePinho

WallacePinho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for the update.

As a feedback, I think everyone would love to see more details in your patch notes. 

Alchemist and Blacksmith ranks should reset. However it needs to be on a set schedule so people are aware and not a 1 week notice. For example every 6 months the ranks reset. 

I don't understand why things are announced without details (for example: the partial stat reset). It would take under 2 minutes to type out everything we need to know about it (amount of stats reset, delay before using again). 

Can't stress this enough, please, give us more details in your patch notes. Almost every patch notes' thread someone asks something that should be in the patch notes. Plus: information would be gathered in ONE place (the patch notes :D), not scattered around the forums. Quality of life :)

Again, thanks for the update and keep up the good work  :no1:

#36 Yasi

Yasi

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:28 AM

Warpportal doesn't get the patch notes from Korea until it's sent to them at exactly maintenance time. they only know the gist of what they're getting, not the exact details. how many times do we have to go over this...

#37 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:50 AM

As someone who is just going to be starting out as a new Blacksmith, I concur. This would motivate a lot of newbies (new to Blacksmiths on Transcendence).

Completely reset the ranked list and add an option for linker buff. You should also be investigating all maps with monsters that drop cactus needles, mole whiskers, and witch starsands PROACTIVELY. There are several bots on those maps (2 south pront, ct4ug clone map, clock tower first floor, and coal mines). I can guarantee you that at least 6 on that list are receiving materials illegitimately+countless others that are under the 10th ranks.

#38 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:52 AM

Is this the first professional game you've played online that makes a profit from its players? Let me assure you, we are only asking for what every game company provides for its players - you know, actual information.

You guys are so demanding it's incredible, the staff comes up with weekly updates and you still find room to complain. Have patience, maybe? 

I'm sure we will get to see the Blacksmith table. And LOL, someone said "Completely reset the ranked list and add an option for linker buff." HAHAHA is this a private server now? Option for linker buff? Reset the ranked list? How about the people who have been spending hundreds of dollars, in-game time, and zeny, to get ranked? Screw them, right? Incredible, really.

I am grateful for the updates and the amazing work that's being made, thanks for providing a fun server for me to play with my friends. 

Edited by Chisami, 30 April 2020 - 11:52 AM.

#39 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:55 AM

I very much doubt this is true to this extent.

Warpportal doesn't get the patch notes from Korea until it's sent to them at exactly maintenance time. they only know the gist of what they're getting, not the exact details. how many times do we have to go over this...

#40 kimlee

kimlee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:56 AM

Yes, More info/details on each patch. 

#41 5584171015142815377

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:10 PM

I'd personally rather not have alchemist reset myself. its only going to strengthen those who are cheating more. the guilds that have built themselves up over time at least have some points to work with. I think a reset would just exaggerate the struggle to keep up with cheaters as most of us have expended our needle supplies by now that we had stocked up. 

Blacksmith ladder being reset is probably ok though because the new enchants are a big deal. there were a lot of us who didn't even care about being ranked forgers before this, but now will. 

#42 tabbernack2

tabbernack2

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:24 PM

Completely agree here.

- Just do a season/ladder system. Be transparent and no surprises. There was one point they ninja reset the chaos boards for brewing.
- Provide some kind of reward to the top 10 rankings (dunno, you get a point for every top 10 that adds a permanent bonus to your crafting?).

Regarding the folks who say "don't reset it". Aside from policing the alchemist bots (which seriously, seriously needs done) - the only way to correct this is a clean slate. Remove the automated alchemists, add a linker method, and reset. This is coming from someone that has been consistently in the top 5. I've literally quit on keeping up after taking a break this week. It's literally not worth potting 4-8 hours a day to keep up unless, surprise surprise, you're a bot.

#43 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:25 PM

Rank resets should happen? sure

Right now? not really

The server is just a few months old, but will be due time at the 6~8 month mark

#44 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:30 PM

Been asking this many times, but does anyone got any clue if safe 7 certs will land on RT? 

I just want to know if I should continue breaking gears on 90% chance success but 3 gears broken consecutively and it broke on the good enchant ones, the garbage enchants made it to +10 lol

#45 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:32 PM

no one has a clue, and the majority of the players wants that the server has as little "impactfull" cash shop items as possible.

Edited by Ashuckel, 30 April 2020 - 12:32 PM.

#46 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:37 PM

no one has a clue, and the majority of the players wants that the server has as little "impactfull" cash shop items as possible.

I see, but I wasn't thinking of cash shop. 

Maybe something like exchange of not so great enchant gears to a eating machine and get a safe cert by chance%% something.

Coz right now, there's no use of gears that are not worthy of upgrading, only those with good enchants are being upgraded and getting risk of breaking it. While most of the not so good enchant collects in the storage and noone buys it, and ended up thrown on the floor. 

Hope there is something.

#47 tabbernack2

tabbernack2

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:41 PM

I'd personally rather not have alchemist reset myself. its only going to strengthen those who are cheating more. the guilds that have built themselves up over time at least have some points to work with. I think a reset would just exaggerate the struggle to keep up with cheaters as most of us have expended our needle supplies by now that we had stocked up. 

Blacksmith ladder being reset is probably ok though because the new enchants are a big deal. there were a lot of us who didn't even care about being ranked forgers before this, but now will. 

It's not about what you've built up... it's about keeping up in the boards. At this point, I have suspicions that some of the top ranked alchies are the same botter given the times of day the points increase consistently over two accounts and stop at the same time.

You literally just cannot keep up with a bot unless you turn it into a job. We're at the point where 3-4 people have to macro in shifts just to keep on it. But even with macroing it's burdensome. For one you cannot just walk away (against Terms of Service). Further, you constantly have to refill everything.

It's simply not sustainable.

unknown.png

Edited by tabbernack2, 30 April 2020 - 12:43 PM.

#48 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:43 PM

those with good enchants are being upgraded and getting risk of breaking it.

And that's a good thing. Keep the market cycling without accumulating overupgraded gears forever(look at chaos, the market nearly only has +9~14 gears avaiable, because they aren't cycled out)

. While most of the not so good enchant collects in the storage and noone buys it, and ended up thrown on the floor.

Put them up for really cheap/throw them on the floor, and aid players starting out.

#49 Senkrad01

Senkrad01

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:47 PM

What happened to the maintenance? it has not started yet?

I'm missing my weekly shower because of this

#50 tabbernack2

tabbernack2

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:51 PM

What happened to the maintenance? it has not started yet?

I'm missing my weekly shower because of this

You uh. You don't need a maintenance to take a "shower" ;).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users