April 30th Transcendence Maintenance - Page 8 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

April 30th Transcendence Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
185 replies to this topic

#176 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 11:49 AM

please no. this would literally make it impossible to break weapons and make the server more p2w than it already is considering HD is account bound.

Well, you are right about that. But, a periodic refining event wouldn't go bad.

#177 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 May 2020 - 11:59 AM

Well, you are right about that. But, a periodic refining event wouldn't go bad.

Agreed. We still have a server to play on because of these events so thank you to everyone who contributed to help keep the server alive.

#178 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:19 PM

Agreed. We still have a server to play on because of these events so thank you to everyone who contributed to help keep the server alive.

No, refining events are terrible for long-term health of the server. What happens after 1 refining event? It greatly reduces the incentive to upgrade gear outside of a refining event and now people will only upgrade rare gear when there's an event, and they will complain until they get another refine event. Now the market is flooded with gear that no one wants to upgrade and now you only need 1x of said weapon/armor since once the event comes you can get whatever upgrade you want without it breaking. 

And no, those events are not the reason you can play. 

Edited by AaronP2W, 05 May 2020 - 12:22 PM.

#179 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:25 PM

If we're talking about a refining event, I wouldn't mind seeing something like a sale on Enriched/HD Ores for a limited time, or a way to get them in game, like all monsters drop a trophy for two weeks and then you can trade those trophies in for stuff like ore boxes.

But messing with the success chance of refining seems dangerous. Maybe once we get to the point where gear is only useful after +10 (here's looking at you, renewal), but it's completely unnecessary now.

#180 eddieb88

eddieb88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUSA, FL
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:38 PM

Did we change maintenance time? It should be tomorrow?

Edited by eddieb88, 05 May 2020 - 12:57 PM.

#181 Alexsyko

Alexsyko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:46 PM

Is Anyone working on this months Production Notes?

#182 GetsugaHollow

GetsugaHollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 01:02 PM

No, refining events are terrible for long-term health of the server. What happens after 1 refining event? It greatly reduces the incentive to upgrade gear outside of a refining event and now people will only upgrade rare gear when there's an event, and they will complain until they get another refine event. Now the market is flooded with gear that no one wants to upgrade and now you only need 1x of said weapon/armor since once the event comes you can get whatever upgrade you want without it breaking. 

And no, those events are not the reason you can play. 

It would be just like you say if we had this event several times a year, but if it was once or twice a year there would be no problem. It's just what I think, but I understand your point of view.

#183 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:15 PM

It is already ridiculously easy to +9 gear on this server, there is absolutely no need to make it even easier. It will be terrible for the long-term health of the server. It blows my mind seeing people ask WP to increase the pay-to-win aspect of the server when they should be focusing on improving the gameplay, not selling more garbage that undermines gameplay.

Edited by Hrishi, 05 May 2020 - 03:16 PM.

#184 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:28 PM

It would be just like you say if we had this event several times a year, but if it was once or twice a year there would be no problem. It's just what I think, but I understand your point of view.

If the event exists, people will hold onto their stuff until it comes back again. Even if it takes an entire year. And thats just as bad.

#185 Heliwr

Heliwr

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 06:44 PM

I think the Partial Stat Reset NPC Sam Status is not working properly. I tried to reset my status with my lvl 39 swordsman and at first the npc tells me i need 0 Magic Stones to reset (so far so good, im below lvl 40) but then he said he will not reset my status because i don't have Magic Stones

Im missing something? Or is just a bug?

#186 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:14 PM

I think the Partial Stat Reset NPC Sam Status is not working properly. I tried to reset my status with my lvl 39 swordsman and at first the npc tells me i need 0 Magic Stones to reset (so far so good, im below lvl 40) but then he said he will not reset my status because i don't have Magic Stones

Im missing something? Or is just a bug?

check this link

https://forums.warpp...s/#entry2966399

no patch notes for tomorrow?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users