May 1st Renewal Maintenance - Page 12 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May 1st Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
320 replies to this topic

#276 crystalerLM

crystalerLM

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:28 PM

Sadly the gene nerf.

Now the GX most OP and then Ranger. The ecology of the game is changing.

Want to know about WP's plan for class balance in the future. 

Edited by crystalerLM, 02 May 2020 - 04:30 PM.

#277 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:41 PM

Cannon ball was fixed. Seems like it was a submarine update.

#278 MicahMalicious

MicahMalicious

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1352 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:42 PM

Same formula, skill is now forced neutral and balls no longer double endow, and sadly is intended

man the fact i had to find out during ET pisses me off LMAO, appreciated mate :wub:

#279 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 May 2020 - 05:00 PM

Sadly the gene nerf.

Now the GX most OP and then Ranger. The ecology of the game is changing.

Want to know about WP's plan for class balance in the future. 

Tbh, GX has been sitting on a mighty "rightful" cloud for decades. Gen, however, pretended to have received the same privilege and in fact had been sitting on a fake "bugged" cloud for decades along with his GX friend.

Until this ninja update slapped Gen bold head and he fell from his bugged cloud. Now he is a mortal, walking slowly among other common mortal classes  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Tbh, I dont think Ranger is broken yet. Can he solo AOGH? I dont think he can. Probably will die few times. I know for sure he cant solo Bio5 "efficiently", or as good as "just-JDR-geared" GX, even if he has all the items in this game

Edited by ChakriGuard, 02 May 2020 - 05:06 PM.

#280 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 May 2020 - 05:21 PM

Tbh, GX has been sitting on a mighty "rightful" cloud for decades. Gen, however, pretended to have received the same privilege and in fact had been sitting on a fake "bugged" cloud for decades along with his GX friend.

Until this ninja update slapped Gen bold head and he fell from his bugged cloud. Now he is a mortal, walking slowly among other common mortal classes  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Tbh, I dont think Ranger is broken yet. Can he solo AOGH? I dont think he can. Probably will die few times. I know for sure he cant solo Bio5 "efficiently", or as good as "just-JDR-geared" GX, even if he has all the items in this game

Hybrid Rangers can solo NOGH just fine; it's barely an inconvenience.

#281 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 02 May 2020 - 05:24 PM

With permission, the first post has been edited to reflect the correct location of the NPC. Also avoid using all caps next time :)

If you think something is not right with the update to post the same in the tech section or the pinned bug report station.

Thank you. Also you and whoever should answer previous questions and do NOT ignore them next time.

#282 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 02 May 2020 - 05:45 PM

Genes have literally been the n1 most versatile and effective pvm class from renewal until recent times. They lost some damage on one skill, but its not like this stops them from completing content that they did before. From n1 to top5 is still pretty good lol

Edited by Ashuckel, 02 May 2020 - 06:21 PM.

#283 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:37 PM

Hybrid Rangers can solo NOGH just fine; it's barely an inconvenience.

How do they survive from Nightmare Amdarais?

Genes have literally been the n1 most versatile and effective pvm class from renewal until recent times. They lost some damage on one skill, but its not like this stops them from completing content that they did before. From n1 to top5 is still pretty good lol

What are the top 5 then? 

#284 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 09:49 PM

Even GX dmg is too OP but I think GX still have some weaknesses 

1. Have a trouble to clearing multiple mobs with Reflect shield 

GX lacks of AOE ranged skill    unlike RK (DB)   Gene (CC)  etc.     need to killing with CRS one by one....

2. Not good when fight multiple Ranged Mobs   because GX is mainly focus on melee

even you have Dark illusion , Cross Impact to help you reach the mobs  or use CRS to kill   

but still pain by getting hitlocked ...    always skip TI if that week have all ranged mobs :<

3. Small AOE range

Gene still have advantage like they're ranged attack , ranged AOE  , very fast movement speed  can do hit and run well

have FCP so don't need to worry about broken equips 

Edited by NekoCaptainNoob, 02 May 2020 - 09:50 PM.

#285 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:24 PM

How do they survive from Nightmare Amdarais?

What are the top 5 then? 

Hitlock, it dies within 15 seconds or less anyways. Check out Leos vid on Archer sub forum. It gives a good jist of what to do.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 02 May 2020 - 10:24 PM.

#286 dzn018

dzn018

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Server:iRO-Odin

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:33 PM

Sure only few people reads on the website but a fix could be nice... 34 entries, lol.

Fixed casting time reduced from to 0.X second (previously X.X second)

Edited by dzn018, 02 May 2020 - 10:34 PM.

#287 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:52 AM

So here you all go with all the double standard:

1. GX buff as intended and everyone went mad

2. Gene mistaken buff and nobody bad an eyes; when corrected everyone is ranting just because you have a full account of gene you for you to run ET to make the most of the game?

I suppose, GX’s buff is just the starting of how the game will be developed, eventually, all classes will be adjusted, it is just a matter of time; and it is just a matter of time that when will Gene be corrected; and yes, I can understand that not by way of submarine patch, you should be informed so that you have time to realize your Gene gears and taking minimal loss from Gene nerf?

And yes, I do have Gene, at the same time, I have GX too.

#288 Batima

Batima

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:42 AM

Always a surprise patch. you guys need to keep people informed.

2 days after maintenance and who did the maintenance don't says anything. It's intended? Will be like this forever? When comes the third class improvements?

#289 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:28 PM

Star Emperor and Soul Reaper skills also came along on this patch.

Oh does this mean that we will receive these two classes soon?

#290 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:40 PM

2. Gene mistaken buff and nobody bad an eyes; when corrected everyone is ranting just because you have a full account of gene you for you to run ET to make the most of the game?

I suppose, GX’s buff is just the starting of how the game will be developed, eventually, all classes will be adjusted, it is just a matter of time; and it is just a matter of time that when will Gene be corrected; and yes, I can understand that not by way of submarine patch, you should be informed so that you have time to realize your Gene gears and taking minimal loss from Gene nerf?

It's not a mistake, the change is intended, it's that we got it without knowing that is funny. The game is inevitably heading towards larger numbers though.

#291 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:40 PM

It's possible put more resets on mesmerist?, we got some untested skills and builds because Sakray was open for too short time and just some volunteers test the new skills (thanks for that buddys)

#292 KielConstantine

KielConstantine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:53 PM

Well GX ain't broken. Only noobs switch to play GX, thay ain't broken lol
............. .........

other than that, invest in shoes and you can level all the way to 175 lol

Chakri is so damn right abt this.

Lol. So there's some sh*tty GX'es starting to ks-ing big bells right now when i grind my RK. They feel overpowered, but i sneak peak their Meteor Assault only deals 200k-ish to bells lmfao. It still one shoot thou. While my maxed GX can deals 240k-250k damage to bells with bare hand on both sides.

They are the typical Costume Google heroic backpack GX you found on every coners :lol:

#293 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:58 PM

Lol. So there's some sh*tty GX'es starting to ks-ing big bells right now when i grind my RK. They feel overpowered, but i sneak peak their Meteor Assault only deals 200k-ish to bells lmfao. It still one shoot thou. While my maxed GX can deals 240k-250k damage to bells with bare hand on both sides.

They are the typical Costume Google heroic backpack GX you found on every coners :lol:

Fun fact, victims arnt always good people. It's just that they dont have the power to be an ass. Once they get the power, they show their true self. People are easily corrupted.

GX everywhere, even I dont actively play the game. Reading forums is enough to know that GX should be infesting almost any maps. Even Morroc is crowded because of people switching to GX lol

200k? Thats some weak MA. Probably just Eden katar and Enforcer shoes lol ... otherwise,

Spoiler

Edited by ChakriGuard, 03 May 2020 - 08:59 PM.

#294 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:00 PM

Look at those pointless upgrades...

#295 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:04 PM

I also have those pointless upgrades ... +12 Imperial boots ... kjjVdSi.png

Edited by ChakriGuard, 03 May 2020 - 09:04 PM.

#296 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:17 AM

I'm now confused, So Varmundt after killed Root of Corruption give Coagulated Spell now?

but kRO give Contaminated Magic

Also in Sakray I didn't see any new MVP card like Amdarais H Card:questionmark: 

#297 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 04 May 2020 - 01:35 PM

The nerf or fix came without announcement, thats the only problem. We know it was coming, just didn't like when its ninja-ed.

I can give an example related to home if you want.

Spoiler

It's not a mistake, the change is intended, it's that we got it without knowing that is funny. The game is inevitably heading towards larger numbers though.

This ^ Population at 1600-3300.

Just need to deal around 170-180. One shot is one shot. Just because you got a buff doesn't mean you need to feel superior to every other classes.

Hey!  :p_ang:  I'm back to using my heroic backpack just because i sold my FS FAW and didn't get a Skin of Ladon. (Was defaulting Phree Wings)... But at least I'm wearing a boy's cap.  :p_angel:

I'm now confused, So Varmundt after killed Root of Corruption give Coagulated Spell now?

but kRO give Contaminated Magic

Also in Sakray I didn't see any new MVP card like Amdarais H Card:questionmark: 

We're waiting for a reply from WP staff on Root for this. Also in Sakray Amdarais H Card has been there since... forever (Even when NOGH wasn't in).  Look closer.

#298 FAJohn

FAJohn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 02:34 PM

why ME skill for AB can be used once only after cooldown? before this ME skill can be used many times no need to wait for cooldown? anyone can help? 

#299 KornEE

KornEE

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2020 - 02:55 PM

why ME skill for AB can be used once only after cooldown? before this ME skill can be used many times no need to wait for cooldown? anyone can help? 

This week's maintenance came with an update to some pre-3rd class skills.

It includes ME where it's now able to hit any type of mob with extra damage on mobs that it hit before the update (forgot which one) but now it got cooldown.

I think its better now, tbh.

Refer to first page for official link to changes or to here which also includes details on other skills that are bugged

Edited by KornEE, 04 May 2020 - 02:58 PM.

#300 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:38 PM

after i hit 131 i dunno where to bounty board leveling at this rate some of them high re spawn but little exp gave while decent exp but low re spawn , i want to get at level 140 for scaraba dungeon BB for now i just wait every 1hour cooldown for eden leveling quest, i thought the staff will look into this bounty board level restriction ? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users