#1 shuuro

shuuro

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 04 May 2020 - 07:11 AM

After rebalance, Blacksmiths in general are really underwhelming in relation to basically any other class in game in terms of percentages and access to decents skills. Both Mammonite and Cart Revolution, that are the only two damage skills available for a Blacksmith, are really bad in comparison. Mammonite is a 600% single target, while Cart Revolution is a 150% AoE.

Using a Rogue as a comparison, as both Backstab and Sightless Mind are spammable as well, Backstab is a 1400% single target atk skill when using daggers, and Sightless Mind a 800% AoE that increases incoming damage by 30% for 10 seconds.

Even for other classes, Blacksmiths are still outclassed. Alchemists got access to a really improved Acid Terror and Demonstration, Venom Splasher is a great AoE for Assassins, even with the high cooldown (even also got a improved Sonic Blow), Knights got access to amazing skills in both Brandish and Bowling Bash, and the list goes on for both single target and AoE skills for different classes.

Right now I just feel Blacksmiths are a glorified Greed that buffs the party a bit. They became more support-ish, but not good enough to be worth it, while also not being able to dish out that much damage in relation to other classes when playing in parties or solo.

All that said, Blacksmiths also have Hammerfall in the skill set, and the skill is not very useful in general up to my knowledge (not into the WoE meta these days, so I can be wrong there). How bad would it be if Hammerfall was reworked to be a useful AoE damage spell other than just the stun?

#2 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Server

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:41 AM

AOE 70% stun chance with no delay .... not useful? 

:hmm:  

that f* ing OP .... Even Class3 Lava Flow, have 6cd for AOE stun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users